March Creature Suggestion: Manekii

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Description Sound Okay? Any Edits Needed? Please Let Me Know!

Deleted • 19 December 2018 at 2:04 AM

Image: https://sta.sh/0gemj0a8fn1 ( There is a slight white smudge on the red paw of the 2nd stage, I had to use white-out because I ended up putting two extra toes...whoops :x ) Please let me know if you cannot view this! ❤️

#themanekii #manekii #achimenescreaturesuggestions

Habitat:

The Rainbow Sky City (Or the "City in the Sky" Would sound super cool!! But taking suggestions. ^^)

Weight:

365.7 kg

Height:

16.3 m

Obtained From:

Cash Shop

About the Manekii Eggs:

These eggs are created on rainy days when the sunlight peeks through the clouds and strikes the water droplets to create a rainbow in the sky. When the primary light hits a cloud, a small tinge of magic is produced to shape and create the translucent Manekii egg. After this process, the eggs are completely shaped in a solid form, covered in white and silver-tinted cloud-like fur surrounded by a Rainbow aura. The Egg Coin attached to the egg itself cannot be removed, mainly because it is tightly bound to it by a magical force coming from the tail shell outside of the creature developing within the egg. Not one person in Ark is able to answer where exactly the coin came from, or why it is attached to the egg, and some prefer to think of it as a sign of pure good luck.

About the Manekii Creature:

These creatures often come out to dance among the storm clouds and find their life-long mate when they can sense that the sun will bring light as it rains. Their movements are so swift and light, that they are able to run on top of the clouds in the sky. The aura emanating from their bobbed tails can produce several rainbows to appear, depending on how far their leaps can go. When there hasn't been a storm to bring rain around for quite some time, you can always find ways to know when this creature is running about in the sky by stopping and listening for the soft chiming of bells that their horns produce, or trying to find the smallest glint of a faded rainbow appearing. They are able to use their magic through their horn, but only when they feel the need to in dire situations, or for when they decide to play catch with their coins.

The SAR was astounded to find out that the bright red markings on their bodies, combined with years of research, are actually a map on how they are created.

- Ears: The clouds which produce the rain.
- Paws: The many bodies of water which allow the clouds to collect.
- Eyes: The rain that is collected by the clouds.
- Shoulder: The sun which provides the light necessary to combine the elements of nature to create such a magical creature.
- Thigh: The sun's rays hitting the rain falling from the clouds.
- Tail: The rain falling from the clouds, being hit by the sun's rays, which creates the rainbow, the aura emanating from the creature's tail.

These creatures are so rare to find, because they hide themselves among the skies from being hunted down for their horns and hooves, which are quite valuable for they are made out of pure gold. Manekii also bring the best of luck to their owners, and to all who praise them. They are quite easy to care for if you keep them as pets, for they feed off of the light produced from the sun in the sky. They will eventually get sick if they don't get enough sunlight, so make sure to care for them properly! (The SAR is currently working on solar panel energy being transferred as a source for these creatures to feed off of.)

In case if anyone is wondering, the creature was inspired by the japanese "Maneki-Neko"! 😃 ❤️ (And the other half is a Unicorn x3) These little guys right here might look familiar: https://sta.sh/0287mtowqyvc and https://sta.sh/015uymjbuyg6 The Maneki-Neko is a common Japanese figurine (lucky charm, talisman) which is often believed to bring good luck to the owner. ^^ ❤️

Sorry for the pings, peeps! ^^' ❤️

@rashka
@dcmaster
@thedarkarcher
@lunacharm1037

Female
1,422 posts

rashka • 19 December 2018 at 8:06 AM

@achimenes

I WANT ONE FOR MY BIRTHDAY!!! yes i want it to be released in march! 😃

Deleted • 19 December 2018 at 8:46 AM

@achimenes

I really love the design concept! ❤️ Good job! 😃 I really hope it gets made.

Female
1,568 posts

firedawn • 19 December 2018 at 9:02 AM

Ahh eeek so adorable! I'd love one! ❤️ So cute!! ❤️

Non-binary
2,819 posts

lunacharm1037 • 19 December 2018 at 10:43 AM

Wow it's gorgeous ❤️ I hope it gets made, I want one 😃 😃 Also I wouldn't change anything, it is very cool as it is 😃

Non-binary
7,220 posts

whispers • 19 December 2018 at 12:54 PM

@achimenes Oh this is really cool! Hopefully we'll see it in March 😃

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 19 December 2018 at 2:19 PM

@achimenes
GOOD LORD
I need this so bad. *O*
March is both me and my bro's b-day month, and I'd love to see one in the site! ❤️
Support all the way, I love the colors and poses. 😸

Deleted • 31 December 2018 at 2:40 PM

@rashka Thank you! 😸 And that would be perfect then because I can dedicate this creature to you and Prairie!! 😃 ❤️ @yoghurt @firedawn @lunacharm1037 @whispers @prairie Thank you all so very much! 😸 ❤️

Female
1,422 posts

rashka • 31 December 2018 at 3:40 PM

@achimenes

I REALLY WANT ONE!!!! IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!

last time i haven't pinged anyone but this time here they are! 😃
@eschla
@umbregrl
@epic23
@thedarkarcher
@yts
@aventurine

Female
2,200 posts

thedarkarcher • 31 December 2018 at 3:53 PM

@achimenes i love this for so many reasons (here a few of them 😋)

1. its not the traditional green theme which i have say is getting a bit dull for march i know its classical but things such as the youngold have always been much more fun ❤️

2. Your art is fantastic and really bring this piece to life so a hugh thumbs up for you

3. I love how youve taken a idea like the kisume and completely made it your own adding a different species and a new concept design ❤️

4. Though i usually dont really care too much for descriptions i love how much thought youve added to it and how it helps bring the piece together ❤️

i wish you the best of luck with getting this made ❤️

Deleted • 31 December 2018 at 4:17 PM

@rashka Thank you so much again! 😸 ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

@thedarkarcher

Thank you so very much, it really means a lot to hear that! 😸 ❤️

Female
1,575 posts

sorrow • 13 January 2019 at 7:17 PM

@achimenes
Wow! It reminds me of a Chinese design with the red details. I love the first stage! Reminds me of Simba a bit. It's super cute and the description is really well written! Very good job and I hope it gets made!

Female
2,391 posts

ida92 • 19 January 2019 at 4:53 AM

@achimenes WOW, I think this creature is beautiful! I hope it gets released. 😊

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 20 January 2019 at 8:33 PM

@achimenes SOOOOO COOL! I absolutely LOVE it! Beautiful drawing, plenty of color, wonderful concept! ❤️ Just love love love it! ❤️ 😊

Deleted • 20 January 2019 at 10:00 PM

@marner @ida92 @qerrats

Thank you all so much! ;w; ❤️

Female
434 posts

wolfkit • 20 January 2019 at 10:10 PM

I love it! I would totally buy one!

Female
391 posts

redflipflap • 13 February 2019 at 7:25 PM

I love the final stage!!!

Deleted • 22 February 2019 at 3:01 PM