Poetry Gala - Elimination-Style Contest with CSP Prizes!

in User Contests & Giveaways

Deleted • 16 May 2018 at 1:28 AM

Can't wait to write for the next topic! (If I'm not eliminated that is...) Probably can't be the first one again as I have school lol XD

354 posts

power • 16 May 2018 at 2:45 AM

@ethereality Hi here's my poem for the spring theme! Tried out a mini Horatian ode (very loosely followed the structure)

Cycle

A breath of rejuvenating air
Patches of fresh green bud
The melting of the barren
snow, an answered prayer
Warmth hides the jaded
caricatures of sorrowful men

Deleted • 16 May 2018 at 3:45 AM

@power I like it.❀️ Its somehow reaches into my heart and speaks to me.

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 16 May 2018 at 1:34 PM

@ethereality

It occurred to me that since I'm on a road trip with my mom, I won't have the time to get anything in. D:

Sorry I didn't get this to you sooner, we don't have data alot of the time since we are going though some amazing mountains.

Demiboy
2,368 posts

ethereality • 16 May 2018 at 6:42 PM

@power alright!

@prairie How much of an extension would you need? D:

Female
1,575 posts

sorrow • 16 May 2018 at 7:05 PM

@playermocha345
Natsuki is a character from Doki Doki Literature Club. She is the more child-like character compared to the others. She writes using "cuter" words. "Eagles can fly" and "Amy likes Spiders" are her two most child-like writings.

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 16 May 2018 at 7:42 PM

@ethereality

Unfortunately, we will be on the road until the 25th. πŸ˜‹
There is a chance I might have some time tommorow, but I'm not sure.

I totally didn't think ahead when I signed up. :l

Demiboy
2,368 posts

ethereality • 16 May 2018 at 7:50 PM

@prairie Oh, its okay! If you can't make it by the end of tomorrow unfortunately I'm going to have to eliminate you though ☹️ Like just to be fair but ofc you can join next time! πŸ˜ƒ

Deleted • 16 May 2018 at 8:04 PM

@marner Oh.. I've never played it. Do you prefer watching anime or reading mangas? I prefer to just watch, but its horribly when things are cringey and the voice of certain characters are annoying. (Yumeiro Patisserie- Miya Koshiro's laugh)
@ethereality Has everyone except prairie submitted yet? And the day after tomorrow is the CDWC iguana selection! Cheers to whoever wins!

Demiboy
2,368 posts

ethereality • 16 May 2018 at 8:51 PM

@thedarkarcher, @chameleon have yet to get back to me. (last 2)

@mechanicalheart, @prairie Has let me know beforehand that they will be late. (If they perform poorly with their late submission, I will eliminate them. Otherwise, they will be able to submit for round 2.)

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 16 May 2018 at 8:56 PM

@playermocha345
Would you buy an Iguana? 😱

Deleted • 16 May 2018 at 9:05 PM

@skyfall4 You mean in real life? Or here in Egg Cave?
IRL it would depends whether i could get use to lizards, i don't even like house lizards for god's sake!
Here.. not at all. I'm hoping for CDWC winner as i haven't got that much CC yet and will be saving up for a pretty pony or cat related creature in the near future.

What about you?

152 posts

chameleon • 16 May 2018 at 9:08 PM

@ethereality

I'll be a bit close to the deadline (apologies in advance!), I enrolled in summer classes and will be starting an internship soon, so I haven't had much time to sit down and work on my entry ^^"

Demiboy
2,368 posts

ethereality • 16 May 2018 at 9:20 PM

@chameleon ahh! okay. i think the deadline is this saturday tho so good luck! 😱

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 16 May 2018 at 9:23 PM

@playermocha345
I wouldn't mind owning a pet lizard in RL! πŸ˜‹

Ya saaaaaaame I'm sort of hoping I win, tho I honestly don't really care- if it's not me, it's fine though πŸ˜‹ I honestly may or may not buy it... depends if I have cc to spare 😊

Female
1,575 posts

sorrow • 16 May 2018 at 11:41 PM

@chameleon
ooh are the summer classes for extra credit or required? I'm doing an extra .5 HS credit Criminal Justice class over the summer!

@playermocha345
Honestly, I've never read any manga. I watched a little bit of anime, but its not really my thing.

@skyfall4
I love lizards! I would buy one in real life, 100%. I've wanted a Chameleon for a long time, and my mom showed me a really cool all white gecko.... I would only get the one here if i won the CDWC. (Which i still need to enter..)

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 17 May 2018 at 8:46 AM

@marner
*sigh* I can't have any pets because of the carpet floor :c

I don't think I'll be spending 200cc on it xD

152 posts

chameleon • 17 May 2018 at 10:49 AM

@marner
Sort of extra credit, my advisor said there’s a chance I can finish my degree up to a year early so I’m trying to get a bunch of general studies credits done this summer so I can focus on just my theatre/film ones 😸

Also chameleons are really interesting ( πŸ˜‰ ), but apparently super hard to care for as pets (☹️). As a result I’ve never owned one, but I did get one tattooed on my arm

Female
1,935 posts

mechanicalheart • 17 May 2018 at 12:22 PM

(When you only just realized you've never written a poem in your whole life until now. O.o A lot harder than writing narratives for sure[or at least in my opinion.] Anyways, sorry for waiting till now to finish it, had some other stuff I was working on writing for a friend.)
@ethereality

Arising warmth-

Light breeze, plants that bloom.
A distant memory out to peak.
Arise a distant warmth to play.
The frosty warmth here to stay.

Sun-kissed shoulders soon appear,
weather shifting here and there.
Arising warmth as days pass on,
arise with the trees growing so strong.

Time flies by and thus we seek,
long lasting days and nights so brief.
Pitter-patter and songs so loud,
every creature here unbound,
and now we meet what we'd seek,

the arising warmth of spring to speak.

(The statement at the top isn't entirely true, I've written a poem once before but it was an 'I am poem' and a lot different from this, especially since we were given a template to follow needing only few words added.
Also, I wish I could've made it longer and posted sooner but anyways, here's my entry.)

Oh and @marner I love your entry, the last line made me laugh so much. 😸
And everyone else's entries are amazing as well.

Demiboy
2,368 posts

ethereality • 17 May 2018 at 3:44 PM

@chameleon Has self-eliminated. You're welcome to continue comment πŸ˜ƒ

@mechanicalheart Your Submission was received!!

RESULTS, WEEK 1- (13 on time, 2 late)

On time (There will be one elimination for the on time people this week.)
Thank you guys so much for submitting! I was super impressed with all your submissions. The average score was a 7.4 out 10.
Top 5 Announced (But not who was 1st) - Thursday (Tonight) at 9:00 PM EST
6th-8th Announced -Friday at 3:30 PM EST
9-10th announced and Bottom 3 (11th-13th) Announced - Friday 5:30 PM EST
Bottom 2 (12th-13th) Announced - Friday 7:30 PM AM EST
Eliminated (13th), Round Winner (1st place), and Scoreboard Released - Friday 9:30 PM EST

Late
@thedarkarcher @prairie
As penalty for being late, one of the two of you will be eliminated. Whoever one of you gets a lower score will be eliminated. If one person does not send in their submission by the end of Round 2, the other is automatically in. If both of you do not send in submissions, you will be eliminated! D:

Female
74 posts

id2d • 17 May 2018 at 3:58 PM

Ah, this is so exciting! Best of luck to everyone. 😊

Demiboy
2,368 posts

ethereality • 17 May 2018 at 4:08 PM

@id2d I'm glad πŸ˜‰

Female
242 posts

amethyst_elf448 • 17 May 2018 at 4:28 PM

I hope I get through!

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 17 May 2018 at 8:21 PM

Woot woot! πŸ˜ƒ

Deleted • 17 May 2018 at 8:21 PM

@ethereality Let the games begin, hey isn't this kind of intense?

I hope everyone did their best to succeed. Remember to comment on our pieces even if you are eliminated. Encouragement uplift my spirit.

Demiboy
2,368 posts

ethereality • 17 May 2018 at 8:55 PM

This is a little early, but congratulations to our top five for making it to WEEK 2!! You guys all did amazing, with scores 8.0 or above!

In no particular order...

The first person safe is.... Daredreamer!!
(@id2d)

Next... Asteria!
(@asteria)

Following that, we have Sky!
(@skyfall4)

Also, we have Power!!
(@power)

Last, but not least, Mechanical!!
(@mechanicalheart)

One of you five are also this rounds winner meaning you will receive the prize, which is 30,000 EC when the full scores are announced tomorrow πŸ˜ƒ

If you were not pinged, fear not! There are 7 spots left in Week 2!! Stay tuned for the 6th, 7th, 8th place reveal tomorrow at 3:30 ECT!

Female
1,935 posts

mechanicalheart • 17 May 2018 at 9:01 PM

Wow, congrats everyone that made it so far!
And good luck everyone else. 😸

Female
74 posts

id2d • 17 May 2018 at 9:37 PM

*Applause* I think everyone did a really good job on their poems. A lot of the verses were very beautiful. I really enjoyed reading them. 😊

I can't wait for the next round to start! XD

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 17 May 2018 at 9:43 PM

Oh yippee!!!! πŸ˜ƒ Congrats everyone!!! πŸ˜ƒ

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 17 May 2018 at 10:29 PM

Congrats xD