EggCavity Suggestions

in General

Female
1,186 posts

lbowe_elbow • 10 September 2018 at 7:53 PM

Hello all!

I am the developer for the EggCavity site. I haven't added anything recently and I am looking for ideas for change/additions to the site!

Let me know and ping your friends!

@eschla
@newlife
@immortalraven
@icymuffin
@prairie
@rashka
@moonweaver

Female
1,422 posts

rashka • 10 September 2018 at 7:56 PM

we could add the evolution stats??

with some other people we are trying to gather the missing evolution stats eggcave haven't put in! πŸ˜‹

Female
79 posts

mami • 10 September 2018 at 7:57 PM

Passing along a mom suggestion: seperate wishlists. Or rather, she'd like the ability to make a travel one, and a trinket travel one.

πŸ˜‹

Female
1,422 posts

rashka • 10 September 2018 at 8:00 PM

@mami/eschla

i think that could be an awesome idea

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 10 September 2018 at 8:07 PM

I tend to use the wishlist feature to list creatures I have available for trade instead, so one designed for that purpose/general use would be good. And as already noted, ones for items/travels now that quests are coming up.

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 10 September 2018 at 8:21 PM

@mami @icymuffin @rashka
There is already a travel/item wishlist

http://www.eggcavity.com/add-item-wishlist
http://www.eggcavity.com/travel-wishlists

Or did I misunderstand? >.>

Female
1,422 posts

rashka • 10 September 2018 at 8:23 PM

@immortalraven

would could separate normal travels and trinket travels in different WL!

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 10 September 2018 at 8:25 PM

@immortalraven
Ah, cool! I hadn't noticed that you guys added them.
Though, if possible, a search function and filters would help immensely.

There isn't really anything else I could add at the moment then.

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 10 September 2018 at 8:33 PM

@rashka
Ah, that's what y'all meant x3

@icymuffin
Yeah, I knew about travel, but not item until today actually x'D
Also tis something to tell lbowe_elbow cause I'm not a part of it anymore cause I was too busy x'D But I'm pinging em now with suggestions too so will point em to your post x3

@lbowe_elbow
icymuffin didn't ping ya and didn't know if you'd see otherwise but they said "Though, if possible, a search function and filters would help immensely."

Maybe making 2 or 3 critters viewers?

I find it frustrating when I am wanting to only use say CC travels / seasonals / etc and there's a HUGE list. I don't know all the travel names and I like to use a wide variety so going one by one I do sometimes which takes awhile. So maybe to make the list shorter do for CC travels / seasonals / TA retired like how the trinket travels are separated possibly?

I also like the idea of the evolution stats being on there.

And maybe instead of just saying a critter is retired, maybe say where it was retired from. Like if CC then retired from cash shop, etc x3

Non-binary
1,088 posts

moonweaver • 10 September 2018 at 8:34 PM

@lbowe_elbow

I think something in the oasis and the asteroid would be cool 😊 Kinda like the thiefshop guide. ^^

Female
1,186 posts

lbowe_elbow • 10 September 2018 at 8:41 PM

@mami
@eschla
Great idea! Right now an awesome work around for that is to create an eggcavity account for your side account and then you have two! Boom! But I will deff look into that, but it might have to be a long-term goal.

@rashka
I would looooooove to include those! What a great idea!

@icymuffin
What a cool idea! I could turn it in to an UFT listing where you can search through creatures that are UFT! (:

@immortalraven
I was thinking about adding dates that the creature was available and where from! I think this would be helpful (and would help me with creating a value graph for the values page). As for the travel suggestions maybe I can create a 'load only CC travels" or "load only EC travels" option! What a great idea (:

@moonweaver
I would LOOOOVE to have those! I just need to find someone willing to write them!

TO ALL:
If anyone is willing to write guides for the asteroid or oasis kinda like the one that's on the site for the theif shop let me know!

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 10 September 2018 at 8:45 PM

@lbowe_elbow
That'd be awesome 😸

Female
1,422 posts

rashka • 10 September 2018 at 8:48 PM

@lbowe_elbow

so the new ideas are

@mami/eschla
a separate WL for normal travels and trinkets travels

@rashka
missing evolution stats to put in

@icymuffin
a search button or a filter to the WL

@moonweaver
the guide foe oasis and asteroid

@immortalraven
multiple creature viewer or smaller lists

personally often use the travel index to see what could fit on my creatures or i open multiple windows with the creature viewer, but your idea could also be great

Female
1,186 posts

lbowe_elbow • 10 September 2018 at 8:56 PM

@immortalraven

I do have a page made for the staff that shows 1 creature with every travel on it. You can scroll through and look at all travels. Would this be helpful if I released it for everyone?

Female
1,422 posts

rashka • 10 September 2018 at 8:58 PM

@lbowe_elbow

for that list that could be great if we could also see the trinkets, like add a travel agency or trinket button

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 10 September 2018 at 9:12 PM

@lbowe_elbow
Yeah I think that may be helpful x3 Although that is a lot of travels thinking about it lol x'D

Female
1,186 posts

lbowe_elbow • 10 September 2018 at 9:15 PM

@immortalraven
http://www.eggcavity.com/easy-viewer

I have made it public. Right now it's just normal travels, but I will add trinkets soon in a separate tab. I will also add notes like Cc travel, EC travel, or retired/seasonal travel for info (:

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 10 September 2018 at 9:27 PM

@lbowe_elbow

Will you do what Eggcavern did a few years ago and do a Halloween treasure hunt with prizes? I remember a Mummar was given to second place

Something involving the site would be pretty cool, finding hints and info 😊

Female
1,186 posts

lbowe_elbow • 10 September 2018 at 9:28 PM

@newlife

Please exlpain? I don't remember lol

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 10 September 2018 at 9:31 PM

@lbowe_elbow

It was called the Halloween Plot or something, I remember it included finding who did the crime or something? And there was a submit page, and you had to fill in every clue in order to claim the prize

Female
1,186 posts

lbowe_elbow • 10 September 2018 at 9:37 PM

@newlife

I would LOOOOVE to do something like that. I give away those kinds of prizes though we'd need some sort of donation, or it would have to come right out of my own creatures.

If you know anyone who might want to donate a prize like that please let me know, or ping them to this topic.

Also if you want to help create a fun plot with me just hit me up.

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 10 September 2018 at 11:01 PM

@lbowe_elbow
Κ°α΅’Λ‘ΚΈ MOLY I love the easy viewer so much *o*

I also love the idea of fun contest/plots we could have eggcave users enter. πŸ˜ƒ But as stated, the hard part would be having prizes available for each one we have. Of course, it might be easiest to go about the plot as only a once a year thing, but just with a bigger prize. 😊
You can give out smaller things in maybe monthly raffles or other contests/small plots.

Female
1,186 posts

lbowe_elbow • 10 September 2018 at 11:05 PM

@prairie this has been available to you all along d:
We have had @dcmaster hosting contests but they've been a little busy recently. Me and @newlife are working on a fun halloween plot right now though!

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 10 September 2018 at 11:06 PM

@lbowe_elbow,
I notice this now. xD I just haven't ever seen it for some reason. :v IDK why I've never noticed. πŸ˜‹

Non-binary
1,088 posts

moonweaver • 10 September 2018 at 11:08 PM

@lbowe_elbow

I'd be willing to help 😊 I just don't have the info, so it may take a little ^^;

Female
1,186 posts

lbowe_elbow • 10 September 2018 at 11:11 PM

@moonweaver
I would love that! Take your time! No rush!

Non-binary
1,088 posts

moonweaver • 10 September 2018 at 11:17 PM

@lbowe_elbow

Okay! Do you think you could help find a few ppl that would be able to help on info? I've honestly never gotten/seen an egg in either of those places XD

Female
1,186 posts

lbowe_elbow • 10 September 2018 at 11:21 PM

@moonweaver
I would start with the people in this forum! They're all very knowledgeable. And I'll ask Ian if he can reveal any secrets (; He did one for the TS

Non-binary
1,088 posts

moonweaver • 11 September 2018 at 8:34 PM

@lbowe_elbow

Good idea!

@newlife @rashka @immortalraven @mami

Do any if you guys have experience with either the asteroid or the oasis? I'm hoping to gather info quicker, and write a little thingy. (I don't have the patience/luck to find eggs there)

Female
1,186 posts

lbowe_elbow • 11 September 2018 at 8:38 PM

@moonweaver

Tips from Ian:

"Hi there,

Sure. Here's a few notes about each feature.

Leila Oasis: Oasis creatures appear once every 4-16 days. Once an endangered species has appear 250+ times at the Oasis, it will not longer appear again there.

Asteroid: visit the Asteroid once per day for a chance at obtaining alien creatures. Currently available alien creatures from the Asteroid are:

https://eggcave.com/archives/view/83
https://eggcave.com/archives/view/84
https://eggcave.com/archives/view/611
https://eggcave.com/archives/view/692

(The Pareteorsite has been removed.)

If you have any questions, let me know. Hopefully this should help get you off the ground.

Best,
Ian"