CLOSED

in General

2,251 posts

yts • 19 June 2018 at 11:11 AM

@eggcavity
About Abet and Carnivorse the users are not anymore on egg cave, at least with that useurname, I looked on DA with no results

Androgynous
140 posts

eggcavity • 19 June 2018 at 11:13 AM

@yts Thank you! the post has been updated (:

Female
535 posts

katrinwolf • 19 June 2018 at 1:08 PM

@eggcavity
I believe some were found here but are somehow missing? https://eggcave.com/forums/topic/61408?page=1 Icenyro for example? https://daisukimiko.deviantart.com/art/EggCave-Creature-Suggestion-Icenyro-384605384
(if I just have broken eyes, don't mind me)

Female
219 posts

bribri1114845 • 19 June 2018 at 1:58 PM

@eggcavity I'm sure you guys have your hearts in the right place with this, but have you considered maybe not all the artists want their concept art posted to your website? I do have the concept art for the corphex, raskoon, and valgrun still, but they're so old and bad I just don't want them around anymore. I actually was going to ask if you could take down the ones you have up for the valgrun and raskoon, please? I really think it'd be best to ask the artists for their permission before posting their art around, and if you can't get in contact with them then to not post it at all. It kinda rubs me the wrong way that you're giving people prizes for dredging up other people's art without their permission. Just my thoughts! I don't know if anyone would agree with me, haha, and no hard feelings at all! I love the eggcavity site and the work you guys put into it. 😊

Androgynous
140 posts

eggcavity • 19 June 2018 at 5:52 PM

@bribri1114845 I completely understand why you may feel this way. We are always more than happy to take down art that people do not want displayed. However we are using information that they wanted to share and made public to the EggCave community in the first place! We aren't linking directly to their art profiles or sites so there is no way for people to find their personal information from our images. I have not received messages from a single artist who was upset with me posting their images to the site. WE WOULD NEVER want to hurt any feelings or put something on display that someone didn't want seen, however these are public images, on a public forum post that they could always delete if they don't want it around any longer. This is a fun feature for our site, and if only posted imaged from people who have granted us permission we would only have about 10 on the site due to most of the members no longer being active. We appreciate your advice and would love to talk more if you are still feeling upset. Please contact us if you want us to remove your art we would be more than happy to oblige.

@katrinwolf thank you so much for pointing this out to me! I will take a look back through that one later (:

Female
415 posts

sundae • 19 June 2018 at 6:22 PM

@eggcavity

After searching for many things, I found the Ranfil forum, but the link wasn't working for me. Here it is anyway: http://saskya.com/private/gallery/albums/userpics/RanfilAll.jpg

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 19 June 2018 at 6:40 PM

@eggcavity:

RAINBEAR:
http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/abubblegum/media/bWVkaWFJZDoxNjQ3MzUzOTg=/?ref=1

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 19 June 2018 at 6:47 PM

@eggcavity
@bribri1114845

I wasn't going to say anything since it wasn't too big a deal, but since put it that way, I guess I will. The way your group is going about dredging up the old images irks me as well. Enough to make a fuss about it? Not really. It could have been handled far better though imho

It may be public images, but I still think asking first would be a respectable thing to do before posting the images onto another site where they can't exactly freely remove it. A lot of this stuff are old, and like bribri said, not necessarily the work they want around anymore.

And I would appreciate users not digging around and posting old irrelevant sketches of mine, thanks.

Deleted • 19 June 2018 at 6:58 PM

@prairie lol I'd found rainbear already x3 sorry 😋

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 19 June 2018 at 6:59 PM

@crown, woops. xD
I was going down the list. xD

Female
219 posts

bribri1114845 • 20 June 2018 at 12:01 AM

@eggcavity @icymuffin

Yes! Exactly this. Also, a few things;
"However we are using information that they wanted to share and made public to the EggCave community in the first place! We aren't linking directly to their art profiles or sites so there is no way for people to find their personal information from our images."

Yes, it was public - and so were all my embarrassing blog comments and forum posts, which I deleted when I could. 😋 I no longer want them public. As I'm sure other artists don't with their old stuff. AND, not linking to art profiles, so... not giving credit? I'm not worried about personal information, I just like to know where my art is posted, and having it, and others', passed around without notice or permission is just uncomfortable.

"if only posted imaged from people who have granted us permission we would only have about 10 on the site due to most of the members no longer being active."

So you are posting things without permission? ☚ī¸ Come on, you know that's not right.

"Please contact us if you want us to remove your art we would be more than happy to oblige."

Okay! I'm contacting you and asking you to please remove my images for the raskoon and valgrun.
I hope this doesn't read as hostile, I'm about to go to bed, lol. You guys mean well, but permission is necessary, please respect artists. :')

Androgynous
140 posts

eggcavity • 20 June 2018 at 12:40 AM

@bribri1114845 @icymuffin
I have removed all creature suggestion art until further notice.
I am sad about how this was percieved. I was hoping for it to be a fun activity for the EggCavity users and EggCave creators.
But just so ya know -- all artists were given credit on the site with a link to the eggcave profile. I would not let credit be taken from those who deserve it. I understand why you were upset, but since the information was public I didn't see the need for permissions on an EggCave related site. We did this in the past with EggCavern and had no issues so I am sorry that you guys felt so strongly about the creature art.

To all who helpped I will still be doing a give away for the links you found. Thank you for all the hard work.
@katrinwolf -2
@immortalraven - 22
@jello - 11
@crown - 9
@rainbownya - 3
@Orderedchaos - 4
@yts - 2
@prairie - 17 (mail entries)
@sundae - 2

OUR WINNER IS @immortalraven !! Thanks again to everyone for working so hard to help us. I appologize for how this played out. @immortalraven you will receive your prize shortly

Deleted • 20 June 2018 at 1:23 AM

@immortalraven Congratulations on winning 1000cc!!! 😱 That's so much haha ^^

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 20 June 2018 at 1:25 AM

Thanks ❤ī¸