1,736 posts

jello • 22 May 2017 at 9:23 PM

@ricefishie and i decided to do a creature suggestion

#creaturesuggestion
#Altum

Artwork Boop: https://i.imgur.com/KfZKsZTr.jpg

Description

About Altum Eggs

The mystical Altum eggs are a spectacle to the eye, bearing beautiful ornamental designs. But they shouldn't be removed from the sea. If the Altum egg goes without being in salt water for too long, the baby Altum will lose some color from it's plumage. This can be potentially limiting to the spread of the Altum species, as females are only drawn to male Altums with the most beautiful plumage.

More about the Altum

The Altum only hatches at the start of the rising tide. A young Altum can swim, but only the grown Altum can harness and control the tide. The grown Altum can adjust when it is rising tide for a period of time, but their powers are strongest in the full moon, when they can fully alter the tide. The Altum likes to flock in groups of 15 to 20, focusing on raising the young to be curious, courageous, and confident. They are generally helpful and protective and have been sighted to help baby turtles out to sea.

The Altum as a species have a knack for thievery. When they get the chance, they'll steal your lunch, your phone, and your dignity. So, hold on to your belongings at the southeast beach, you never know what shiny object they might be attracted to...

827 posts

nine • 22 May 2017 at 10:01 PM

Pings: (Sorry to bother!)
@silvershadow
@chicachicken
@birdlover64
@skyfall4
@prairie

367 posts

kudo • 22 May 2017 at 10:04 PM

@jellyfish @ricefishie thx for the ping, but i can't see the image since i'm using the school internet but i'll look at it later! πŸ˜ƒ

Female
442 posts

vibrancy • 22 May 2017 at 10:09 PM

@jellifysh @ricefishie no bother at all! I love looking at creature suggestions, so pings on such topics are always welcomed. ❀️ This bird is drop dead gorgeous, so simply done yet stunningly elegant. The colors flow very nicely together and I love the beautiful oceanic feeling it gives off. I really want one now! 😊 also love the simplicity of the egg description, it's nicely put together as well.

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 22 May 2017 at 10:22 PM

Pings!

@mccherry
@ifi123
@spiritkoi
@degong
@mairbear

Deleted • 22 May 2017 at 10:45 PM

@jellifysh @ricefishie

What a beautiful creature, I love that it's water themed! That baby stage is adorable and I really like how the patterns are placed on the adult stage. Can't wait to learn more about them and hopefully we see it in Eggcave soon😊

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 22 May 2017 at 10:57 PM

Pings! (Sorry if unappreciated...)

@dusskfall
@monsterprincess33
@luv
@cala

349 posts

monsterprincess33 • 22 May 2017 at 11:00 PM

Love it! it is beautiful... nice work!

Non-binary
2,849 posts

luv • 22 May 2017 at 11:05 PM

Nice! I love blue ❀️

Female
538 posts

cala • 23 May 2017 at 12:05 AM

@jellyfish @ricefishie no bother at all.I love the Altum, everything is Perfect β™₯

Female
218 posts

dusskfall • 23 May 2017 at 6:11 AM

i like it. i was thinking we could use some more heron like birds.

Deleted • 23 May 2017 at 6:40 AM

@jellifysh it's nice 😊

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 23 May 2017 at 3:54 PM

@jellifysh Oooh, I love how elegant your creature is (and how it makes me think of A:TLA xP). I really like the little designs of the waves. 😊

827 posts

nine • 23 May 2017 at 4:03 PM

@spiritkoi
Haha, yeah. I might've been thinking of some design I saw in LoK or A:TLA while I was drawing the waves... πŸ˜‹ Glad you like it, though!

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 23 May 2017 at 5:06 PM

@ricefishie Cool. πŸ˜ƒ I hope it gets made, because I would probably name it Waterbend instead of my Luryuken. ^^

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 23 May 2017 at 7:28 PM

@ricefishie @silvershadow @birdlover64 @mccherry @monsterprincess33 @luv @cala @dusskfall @chicachicken @spiritkoi

The Description is COMPLETED!

827 posts

nine • 23 May 2017 at 7:36 PM

@jellifysh
Aw, I thought it would be a bit longer considering the wait. x3 Still a decent description though. However, I think that maybe there should be a bit more spotlight on the creature's tide-controlling powers. Perhaps they're stronger when the moon is present in the area, or when it's full?

Deleted • 23 May 2017 at 8:34 PM

great!

Female
250 posts

ifi123 • 24 May 2017 at 12:48 AM

@jellifysh @ricefishie

Oh my goodness guys, I think this is one of my favorite suggestions on here @_@ I think the part in the description about the Altum's connection to the sea is very cool! And I like that you've added the wave pattern on its neck and legs in reference to that! The color scheme is so pretty, and it's just such a graceful looking creature overall 😸 I hope it gets made!!

Female
442 posts

vibrancy • 24 May 2017 at 1:23 AM

@jellifysh @ricefishie the description is great! I really like it. 😊

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 5 July 2018 at 10:17 AM

Going to repost this, hopefully it gets made. I'm also re-writing the description, it wasn't one of my best ones.

Pings!
@lbowe_elbow
@crown
@skyfall4
@poptarts

Deleted • 5 July 2018 at 10:20 AM

@jello I really love this, but I think the design could use more color- perhaps add a bit of purple or teal? c:
Looking forward to seeing the new description 😊
I like the idea overall- Good job! πŸ˜ƒ

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 5 July 2018 at 10:31 AM

@crown Thanks! I'm writing the description right now, but it kinda takes a bit to perfect it. It took me an hour to write for this fire salamander thing.

Pings!
@prairie
@wigglytuff (this isn't the muai topic i want you to draw for)
@dcmaster
@cala

Female
538 posts

cala • 5 July 2018 at 10:43 AM

@jello it's beautiful, we need it in here 😊

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 5 July 2018 at 12:37 PM

@cala @crown I made the new description. Hope you like it!

Pings!
@sparklefox
@duckhunter
@budgie
@monsterprincess33

Female
2,022 posts

budgie • 5 July 2018 at 12:39 PM

@jello Ooh, I love it! o:

Male
178 posts

duckhunter • 5 July 2018 at 1:29 PM

what does ping mean?

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 5 July 2018 at 3:32 PM

@duckhunter a ping means you've been invited to look at the forum. If there is no message beside your ping, it means that they just want you to look at the forum post

Male
178 posts

duckhunter • 5 July 2018 at 3:42 PM

Hi, your creature is super cool and shouldbe added to eggcave well done jello.

1,629 posts

icecloud101 • 5 July 2018 at 9:14 PM

@jello
Wow!!! That is really cool and awesome! I think the description is really creative. I like the part where they'll try to steal your stuff! 😊 The artwork is really detailed and amazing!