Vampieer - [Halloween] Creature Suggestion

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 1 September 2018 at 9:59 PM

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Its another year, and you know what that means!! Another Halloween! Arkians are already picking out their costumes for trick or treating, and the Town hall is making preparations for the next Halloween fair. The nights are growing spookier as it gets closer to Halloween. And in the dark lurks a sharp toothed mammal.... the Vampieer!!!

Introducing the Vampieer!: 😊
Vampieer are a nocturnal deer species that thrive in the dark woods of Ark. Many believe that Vampieer are dangerous blood sucking creatures, and accomplices of Vampyr in harming farmer's livestock. However, you only have to fear for your garden's life. That's right, Vampieer are indeed vegetarians, like many other ungulate creatures in Ark. But these creatures aren't interested in eating the plants, they are only interested in consuming the plant's juices. To do this, Vampieer will sink their teeth into large-stemmed plants to drain it of its internal fluids. For smaller vegitation, Vampieer will chew up the plant, ridding it of the juice and spit out the remains. If you're wondering if a Vampieer is responsible for your beloved petunia garden's destruction, just look for the spit out plant pulp. The SARC say the best way to protect your plants from this nocturnal plant-killer is to have bright light shining on your garden. The light won't harm the Vampieer, but the creatures eyes are extremely sensitive to light, as their pupils cannot constrict and stay dilated for the darkness they live in.

Vampieer eggs:
Vampieer eggs are difficult to find, as they can only be obtained from some of the darkest forests Ark has to offer. To make it worse, exposing the egg to a bright light (like a flashlight) can cause the small Vampieer inside eye damage. This means you have to feel around for one, hoping you don't encounter the eggs mother, who will defend the egg using the sharp teeth to maul those she sees as a threat.

Picture:
https://sta.sh/0wftydco4f0
** Currently just a sketch with notes about colors, bear with me while I get a colored version. **

The Vampieer appreciate you spreading the word to help them on their quest for a new occupation as a Spooky Species. 😃 ❤️ Ping your friends to help out! And leave some feedback to let them know what they can do better! 😸

Starting pings:
@lbowe_elbow
@newlife
@reality
@wigglytuff

Thanks for viewing! 😃
- @prairie & the Vampieer

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 1 September 2018 at 10:23 PM

@prairie omg love the concept and the basic art 😱

Female
1,186 posts

lbowe_elbow • 1 September 2018 at 10:31 PM

@prairie -- super cute (: I love the little fangs

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 1 September 2018 at 10:45 PM

@wigglytuff
Thanks!! 😃 So happy to hear you like it! 😊

@lbowe_elbow
Glad you like it! ❤️ 😸 I really wanted to do a Halloween design with this deer. xD They are such a cool animal.

Deleted • 2 September 2018 at 10:56 AM

@prarie it looks great! Love the description too!

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 2 September 2018 at 1:58 PM

@wolfspike23
Glad you like it!! 😃 ❤️

More Pings:
@moonweaver
@degong
@jinxie

Non-binary
1,088 posts

moonweaver • 2 September 2018 at 2:35 PM

@prairie

It is very cute! Is it a doe or a bear?

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 2 September 2018 at 2:48 PM

@moonweaver
Glad you like it! 😃
The Vampieer is a deer. 😊 The concept is based off of the Chinese Water deer, which have long canines that are visible when their mouth is closed.

Female
1,426 posts

bloom • 4 September 2018 at 5:58 PM

@prairie
Amazing drawing!! I hope it gets featured!!