Incorrect Trivia Answer?

in Problems & Bugs

Agender
12 posts

ayme • 29 July 2018 at 5:43 PM

For yesterday's trivia "The height of the Luminette species is 0.35 meters. True or False?" the answer was set to false, but it IS .35m. Am I misreading something somewhere or? I've noticed this happens around twice a month or so.

Female
3,802 posts

sparklefox • 29 July 2018 at 6:33 PM

@ayme - I noticed this too, and I was a little confused when I saw the "you got the answer wrong" message in my notifications. I just assumed that I misread the question yesterday.

Male
38 posts

bigdust • 29 July 2018 at 9:05 PM

@ayme
@sparklefox

This also happened to me! I answered the question as being true. The archives confirms the height.

I then went to the trivia archives to see what it said there. https://eggcave.com/leila/trivia/archives#
It definitely contradicts itself.

I think that @ian needs to look into this and give us the 10,000 ec credit. According to the trivia archives, only 6 people got the answer correct and those people are the ones that got it wrong.

Answer to #2034

The height of the Luminette species is 0.35 meters. True or False?

Answer: false

Number Correct: 6

BD

278 posts

birdboysplace • 29 July 2018 at 9:29 PM

@ayme
@sparklefox
@bigdust

The exact thing happened to me also! I went to the archives to check and answered true to the trivia. Then I got a notification that I was wrong. If we answered true, then none of us were wrong. On Saturday I sent in a bug ticket to @ian. I have not heard anything back yet but I am sure he will address this.

Bird

Agender
12 posts

ayme • 9 August 2018 at 11:10 AM

It happened again with yesterday's about the Zalaeth, unless it's false because it says "height" and not "length."

Female
5,407 posts

Orderedchaos • 9 August 2018 at 11:17 AM

@ayme @sparklefox @bigdust @birdboysplace
This was a trick question. We are starting to add trick questions to site trivia so be on the lookout for them.

Female
3,802 posts

sparklefox • 9 August 2018 at 8:32 PM

@Orderedchaos - I noticed that yesterday. It said "height" on the question, but it says "length" in the archives entry. I had a dumb little moment and just assumed it was a possible typo, but then I started thinking about it maybe being on purpose. I'll be sure to read the questions extra carefully. ;p

I like the idea of trick questions, though.

47 posts

rayray • 10 August 2018 at 12:46 AM

Looks like there's been another mistake but with yesterday's trivia unless I'm missing something obvious.

Deleted • 10 August 2018 at 1:08 AM

@rayray yeah, it definitely said "height" and it says "height" in the archives for Durkmun. Same number and unit. Dont think that can be a trick question ^^

Female
31 posts

the_mushroom_nacho • 10 August 2018 at 11:21 AM

@crown I noticed that as well. It has to be a mistake because the archive doesn't lie. xDD

Agender
12 posts

ayme • 10 August 2018 at 4:02 PM

They actually seemed to have changed the question in the trivia archive versus what we were asked yesterday. Yesterday the question had the 11.18m in it, but the trivia archive now says 2m.