Click Exchange Issue

in Problems & Bugs

Neither
1,577 posts

fjhfjh • 23 June 2018 at 1:43 PM

@klauenwolf
I think that might work. To add to your suggestion, perhaps instead of resetting the XC to 10 every day we could give 5 XC to people for logging in instead of ec. This way we still have XC in circulation (even if people do hoard) and only keep the active links in the exchange. However, I don't want to limit the number of creatures each person is allowed to have in the exchange - this will cause there to be fewer links (on top of already deleting the freeloaders) and prevent people from gaining stats on as many creatures.

Female
38 posts

klauenwolf • 23 June 2018 at 1:48 PM

@fjhfjh
I haven´t thought of your idea with XC as daily login bonus. This is really good. Then we don´t need a limitation of creatures.
Just thought of reducing the mass of creatures which are currently taking place for nothing in the exchange. But with your idea, inactive accounts won´t show up in exchange.
Good idea 😊

Edit:
Maybe there should be an option to choose our login bonus. Maybe some doesn´t want XC, so they can choose EC instead.

Female
1,575 posts

sorrow • 24 June 2018 at 11:02 PM

Can I just say that my clicks have gone up quite a bit? Like, I put creatures in on the 19th to restart my count, and it's been 5 days, and I'm a Max 28, Min. 16 clicks? That's so much better than it was a month ago??? ahhh!?!? It's kind of amazing that 20 clicks in 5 days when usually I'd get at least that in one day gets me pumped.

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 25 June 2018 at 6:20 PM

Hey everyone!

Thanks for your thoughts on this topic. Just thought I'd chime in and mention that we're reviewing all of the feedback here (and elsewhere) and are trying to come up with another Click Exchange update to either correct these issues or maybe re-invent the system altogether.

❤️

Stay tuned. We love you guys.

Neither
1,577 posts

fjhfjh • 25 June 2018 at 6:31 PM

Thank you Ian and for all your hard work!

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 25 June 2018 at 8:06 PM

@dcmaster
Sorry for the late reply! Dx

Anyways, I totally support this! Only problem- where have we taken this conversations to? Please inform me at what suggestions we have rn xD

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 27 June 2018 at 7:45 PM

Hi everyone, some insight from me.

I was in the first batch of beta testers for the click exchange when it first came out.

We had around 100-200 people that were part of this beta, and we all found it hard to gather XC, as there were so few of us and such a limited amount of XC because, as mentioned before, the free 10XC came along long after the beta was done.

Before the update, there was only around 100 creatures in the click exchange. It was incredibly tough to maintain your XC at all, because it was limited.

Now, as I've come back, I spent around 30-40 minutes and gained 2K XC. I was shocked by the amount honestly. There really does need to be some type of cap, as I've seen people mentioned that they have 10k, 20k, even close to 30k. So many new users join and use the click exchange, bringing in 10 more XC in. But then they quit, and their 10XC stays in the exchange, and this doesn't happen with one new user, but a large amount. This has created the excess issue of the XC.

Like many others, I don't see a reason to click if my XC stays obscenely high.

One of the suggestions is completely wiping the XC from all accounts and starting over with 10XC each. However, this isn't really a permanent fix. This would require wipes every few months to a year.

Another could be lowering the amount new users get to 5 instead of 10XC. Still not a real fix though.

Revamping the system seems to be the only possible way honestly. A hard cap is definitely a good idea, but a soft cap could be too. What I mean by a soft cap is that once you pass a certain number of XC you have (let's say 500), you instead get 1 XC for every 2 creatures you click. It could be a good idea, but the mechanics may be awkward to deal with.

Still, this is my two cents as a long-time user of the click exchange.

Female
1,728 posts

minnie298a • 12 July 2018 at 7:56 AM

I'm going to agree a bit with newlife.

I've been around for a long time, and have used the XC since the beginning. I know I've stated somewhere before that I love the concept, as it gives me access to creatures I knew where "safe" to click and feed. I've used the exchange primarily to immortalize.

I have pretty much always maintained 9 creatures in the exchange as the feeding notification clicked in at 10 and for the purpose of feedbacks, I like to distinguish between those that actually go to my profile to feed, and those just using the exchange. I have never been one to try to bank my credits for any sort of status. I've understood right from the beginning, that that isn't the purpose of this feature. I prefer to see my credits drop and to work for a little bit each day to maintain my creatures presence for the clicking pleasure of others.

I also feel the need to point out that due to time zones, my optimal clicking time is about 2 to 6am Egg Cave time.

Back before the current changes, I would work hard, exhausting the exchange to get 40 or 50 credits banked up, and those would be gone in a day, but I'd exhaust the exchange the next day and build them up again.

Not long after the change I knew I would have to take a fortnight with limited internet and my tablet. With the changes I was able built up about 1800 credits, that were all eaten away over that time. Upon my return, particularly on double feed days (dfd), I slowly built up my credits again. And they have climbed and climbed and climbed.

Because, I'm a bit weird, I've taken stats the last couple of months. On the June (or it may have been the May) dfd I went from 6090 to 7355 credits, banking 1265 credits and earning an average of 160ec for each credit. Time taken is unknown, I just so happened to stumble these figures on the random pad of paper I had written it down on.

In the early EC hours of the July dfd I went from 8589 to 12667, banking 4078 credits, for an average of 177ec each (without feeding the 312 Click Only creatures, I only clicked them) over about 5 hours (while eating dinner, watching TV and playing another game as well). I exhausted the exchange, feed some coves and went to bed, only to get few more in the exchange the next day my time.

I've added maybe 2 or 3 credits a day since, more to refresh my notifications than for the credits or ec and still have 68 more than when I stopped counting credits and started on feeding coves just for money. Like it's been mentioned above, I have heaps of credits, so don't feel the need to put any effort. Yes, I could do it just for ec, but I don't have the motivation.

Looking at the stats, there seemed to be a drop off in April. I have one creature I put in on the 28th March that's gotten almost 1200 clicks. Those put in on the 14th April have between 508 and 530 click (so close to 700 per creature less for just over 2 weeks). The ones from the 18th April have 375 to 379 clicks (yes that's over 100 per creature for a 4 day difference). The 2 creatures I put in on the 8th of this month have 13 clicks combined.

Even though I have heaps of credits now, part of me still doesn't agree with any sort of automated wiping or redistributing system. I earned those credits. Yes, I may have earned them out of boredom and avoidance of house work, but I still put in the effort for them. However, a fair chunk of them where gained from the more inactive accounts, purely due to me being on at the time their free credits kick in. Often these accounts are fairly easy to guess, as they have hungry/sad creatures. If I'm feeling like it, I will stray away and feed the whole cove.

I'd also like to touch on my issues with the exchange when I'm working off my tablet. I don't know if it's just me and my ways, or the exchange it's self, but I find it cumbersome to use, particularly when compared to cove feeding. It's the backtracking and new windows to be opened and closed that I find frustrating to manage on mobile. With coves you can just scroll from one creature to the next. On the desk top I use the "Ctrl-Click/Ctrl-W" method for both the exchange and coves. It's why I tried to build up the credits before I went on holidays. I was still able to feed coves, visit the cave and participate in auctions fairly easily, but I avoided the exchange as I just didn't find it pleasant.

Female
11 posts

ajlizard • 14 July 2018 at 8:08 PM

@dcmaster

Yeah your right. It takes like one week just to get like 10XC.

I'm stuck on 76XC and it's really annoying me.
I hope they fix it soon.

Female
1,575 posts

sorrow • 6 August 2018 at 6:51 AM

oh wow this kinda died but here I am
A month and 18 days later, a creature of mine finally hit 100 clicks! (While another one added at the exact same time, both under the "feeds" tab, is at 120, which is like winning the lottery tbh) I've zoned out the Click Exchange almost entirely at this point, only going back to add new creatures.
I really like the idea of the having a daily bonus of XC, as thought up by @fjhfjh .
@minnie298a
I agree with your penultimate paragraph, how we've earned the credits, and how we got to have so many in the first place. But to be honest, I'd be willing to wipe them if it meant that everyone was getting stats faster from the click exchange.
Everyone's already said what I was thinking but here's another 2 cents.

Female
1,728 posts

minnie298a • 6 August 2018 at 8:55 AM

@marner
The creatures I put in on the 8th July are at 50 and 67 so up just over 100 between them. All up my creature have gotten something like 30 to 40 each. At an opamistic 50 it's a gain of 450 credits lost for the roughly 3000 I've banked.

I've been thinking a little about the stash of credits I have. I still dont want them to disappear automatically for nothing. I would feel cheated in some way, putting in the effort and not getting the promised rewards. At the moment I am getting the rewards, just a lot slower than I'd like.

I wonder if lowering the cut off would help. Maybe instead of 2 months inactivity, it's shortened to a couple of weeks or even days. As I've stated before, I'm normally on in the early mornings ECT. I seem to get a lot of the free credit creatures, and my ability to bank really only started when the free credits began. Yes, there will be less creatures over all, but surely that would mean the active ones are coming up more often.

I also remember in the initial boards there was a suggestion for a shop for items and creatures for excess credits. Initally I was horrified, thinking "how can you have too many credits?". I get it now and maybe the idea could be revisited but for stat boosters instead. While I know different people play different ways, the idea of me using the cc stat boosters doesn't feel right, like it's too easy. This way, I'd still feel like I worked for the stats. By using "spare" credits, most would get the stats they are chasing faster than they are currently. I know that I would also be inclined to go clicking more, as I'm participating to immortalize. I'd also be happier with some sort of way to voluntarily donate or sell my extra credits, but I can also see selling them some how unbalancing the xc. Either way, if I chose to spend my stash, I'll need to replenish it. More activity, should result in the xc working more effectively. As in what I think was the original idea, the ones using it will get the most benifit. It also shouldn't put new players at too much of a disadvantage if you baught stats over sellable items.

475 posts

spell • 6 August 2018 at 11:41 AM

@minnie298a
I definitely agree with lowering the cutoff! The number of creatures in the click exchange right now is insanely high compared to how many people would actually use it. I'm not sure how the excess credits idea would play out, since if users decided to use up all their credits on shop items, then other users might not have enough to click? (No idea what would actually happen though, just a hunch)

I like @fjhfjh's idea on rewarding XC to people who login rather than EC ^^ I think that could work and the amount of XC could be tweaked to fit the number of people who login (on average) on a daily basis.

Female
1,728 posts

minnie298a • 6 August 2018 at 7:32 PM

@spell
I know I wouldn't spend all of mine, but I do have over 15,000 at the moment. I'd keep about 300 or what ever worked out at about 3 days worth on hand to help keep the xc running (and my creatures gaining stats). I'd also use the xc more to keep that credit base line. There may be a way to put a minimum on it, as in you need to keep X amount in balance, so for example if you have 1000 credits, you can only spend 800 of them, or if you have 206, you only have 6 to spend.

I don't want a big stash of credits just sitting around. At the moment I know my creatures are safe in the exchange so I little motivation beyond boredom to go there. In saying that I earned them, so I don't want my efforts just stripped away willy nilly for no reward. Even if I was able to donate them to other players it would be something I would chose to do not something I was forced to do because I'm playing the game to well.

The way things are at the moment I've added 3000 credits to my stash in the last month. Some days I've only clicked 5 or 6 creatures because they've grabbed my attention. Some days I've put in a 15 minute session. I know others would solely operate for shop items, but if your clicking to get the items, your creatures will be in the exchange. It may take some education or experience for those with only one creature so they can build up the credits to realize if everyone did that, the system would fail as it needs creatures.

As I've stated before, I normally feed solely through the exchange. If your creatures marked as "Click" I'll generally only click it, but the others are deemed safe to feed. I was once yelled at by someone after only feeding their feed lists because I'd feed a creature I shouldn't have, but as they had so many creatures in their lists they weren't going to check which one was in the wrong place, and I was to just stick to the feed lists (so it was my fault for feeding a feed list creature that wasn't meant to be in the feed list). It's left me very hesitant to feed off profiles, even those with feed lists.

475 posts

spell • 6 August 2018 at 7:56 PM

@minnie298a
I think the minimum XC balance after spending is a good idea! Though, I know some users used to (before the click exchange was revamped) put a creature in the exchange, click everything, and take their creature out so they could continually build up their XC balances until they needed them. I'm not sure if users will think of the issue in the long-term (system failing due to lack of creatures), so I think this would work better if there was a restriction where you need to have one creature in the exchange at all times in order to use it at all.

Female
1,728 posts

minnie298a • 7 August 2018 at 4:22 AM

@spell
Maybe in the case you described, then that could be a reason to have all your credits wiped. You have no creatures, then you lose your credits.

But the deliberate banking of credits for status as always confused me. I see no point to do it. To me a tally that drops down low means I'm getting the stats I desire. To build them up and not spend them to me means I'm not getting what I worked for. There is no award, no leader board, so unless your broadcasting it yourself, who would know. Plus to take a bunch of credits without leaving a creature to spend them on seems selfish. Why hog them if your not using them?

(That last question is open to anyone who can explain the why, because I seriously can't think of a reason to do it.)

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 7 August 2018 at 3:57 PM

I completely agree. Although you get wayyy more clicks than before, it's almost impossible to regain them in return. In two days, my creature only got 2 clicks. Although this might be a far fetched idea, active creatures in the exchange could be grouped, and these groups could cycle over and over again. For example: at the daily reset, 12:00, the first group of creatures is active. This could be like 100ish creatures. After a few hours, there is another group of creatures to be clicked, and the first one is removed from the exchange. Then, the third one. This *might* be able to help with the overpopulation in the click exchange,

But honestly, i think the best solution is to reinstall the old algorithm: click all creatures, get XC. However, creature order is randomized so it is completely fair to people who don't have the time to hoard points. if you have negative or 0 XC, your creature is removed until you get more points.

Female
208 posts

sunfire103 • 25 September 2018 at 10:46 AM

@dcmaster

Yes I was concerned about this when the 10XC a day was added to accounts that haven't even been active in Click Exchange. It was only set for those who have been active on the site.

1 - Creatures should come up based on last time user has been active in the exchange, so those who are active daily will be brought up first and those 10 non-active ones get put last.

2 - "Cash in" your credits (lets say 5XC for 1 free feed/click/view for a pet of choice, or non-tradeable token for feed/click/view) - and/or even free day to redeem at the Tim's Food Shoppe (this only really benefits those without the Leaf) . At least then you get something back for using the system when no events are going on (where people tend to feed more).