It's been a while.

in General

47 posts

rayray • 7 June 2018 at 9:07 AM

Not sure how many people remember me. I used to be fairly active on this site since its early inception until mid-late 2011. I briefly resurfaced the following year in 2012 for a short period and then again in 2013 for a few days before I was completely bogged down by unforeseen circumstances in real life as well as having to juggle between university and work. To say that this site was a large part of me growing up during that time would be an understatement because I truly got to know some wonderful people of the community on here that have since taught me valuable lessons in life. It's a shame that I couldn't stick around until the Egg Cave of today because this site has truly flourished from what it was ~9 years ago so a huge props to Ian and the mod team.

Regardless, now that I'm at a point in my life where I have a more flexible schedule and hence more time on my hands, I look forward to restarting and reliving the nostalgia of this site. It'll take me a while to get the hang of proper Egg Cave etiquette again (what to do and what not to do) as well as get used to the new layout and functions of the site (so many new buttons to press!). I look forward to meeting both old and new players alike.

Female
3,801 posts

sparklefox • 7 June 2018 at 9:30 AM

@rayray857 - Welcome back, and welcome to version 3 of EC! I'm not exactly too sure if I remember your name or not, but it sounds rather familiar. I can try to help if you're stuck with anything regarding this newer layout and stuff. Feel free to message me with any questions.

Yeah, this site has grown so much since it first began. Thinking about EC while it was still in its early years is pretty nostalgic... and a little embarrassing, considering how I acted back then.

47 posts

rayray • 7 June 2018 at 9:42 AM

@sparklefox Thanks! I'll take you up on that offer and let you know if I have any questions. I don't personally remember if we met back then but regardless it's good to see that there are older players like you still around.

I have to agree as well. Reading some of the things I had written back then brings me nostalgia and makes me cringe at the same time...