new idea for click exchange

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
1,422 posts

rashka • 21 June 2019 at 12:29 AM

hi! i just got an idea for the click exchange, i went to 56k and in 1 year it got down to 54k! not efficient at all

i play another game where to click exchange is going super well!! so i had an idea of mixing them up

the site is virtuadopt, yes i collect pokemons! 😋

their XC works like this

first you answer a small question with 4 choice of answers (probably to see if you are not a robot) then you have 30 seconds to freely click pokemons in a row alternatively clicking 'quick feed' and 'go back to click exchange! (exactly on te same height in the page (no mouse mouvements) then you get to answer a new question (like click on the pikachu or click on the pokemon level 14, or click on the pikachu level 9)

to get your creatures fed you must put an amount of XC credits on the creature you want to be fed and let the magic do it's job (and continue to do some XC credits to have more to put on creature

all pokemons/eggs put there can be fed multiple times in the XC (normally 1 time each)

like here we win only 1 point of XC credit for 1 creature fed!

and while feeding we can find some things like a 'promo' pokemons (now we can hardly get one of these: diancie, or one of the tapu (tapu koko, tapu lele, tapu bulu, tapu fini) we can also get 1000$ or a sent to get shadow pokemons from the team rocket)

SO HERE IS WHAT I THOUGHT TO DO!

1. KEEP ALL PAGES LIKE THEY ARE (MULTIPLE CREATURE IN THE FIRST PAGE AND CREATURE PROFILE WHEN CLICKED) SO THE FAST FEED KEEPS WORKING

2. USE THE MULTIPLE FEEDING ABILITY FROM VIRTUADOPT

3. TO PUT A CREATURE IN THE XC YOU MUST PUT A NUMBER OF CREDITS ON IT (KEEP THE MANAGE YOUR CREATURE LIKE IT IS)

4. NO NEED OF ANSWERING QUESTIONS EVERY 30 SECONDS

5. PUT BACK ALL XC TO 0 SO PEOPLE CAN GET BACK AT CLICKING

6. WE COULD ALSO FIND ITEMS OR CAVE MONTHLIES OR BIG AMOUNT OF EC ONCE IN A WHILE DURING THE XC FEEDING

SO what do you think about my idea?? you could also go and try virtuadopt's XC , thanks for reading everything, i hope we will have a brand new working XC!

OTHER IDEA FROM OTHER USER!

@novrain62 --- while feeding in the XC get tickets for a raffle

@sunfire103 --- a shop to redeem XC to ec or 10Xc gets you 1 evolution stat for a chosen creature

a XC leaderboard

@yogurt --- a raffle like eggcavern

@immortalraven --- keep XC already earned and add shop to spend extra XC we already have
(i personnally love this idea)

@playermocha345 --- shop for XC and have the chance to get vend tokens

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 21 June 2019 at 7:30 AM

In the meantime, Add A Creature Here! ❤️

I don't know what will work, but I know that I really enjoyed the click system that was off EC site, I can't remember the name, when you clicked, you earned raffle tickets of different values to use in monthly raffles. I played it every day! I wouldnt use the ? system because I don't know the answers and wouldn't want to spend my time going in search of the answers. I don't have a lot of time as it is. I do think that all points should be reset to 0 and putting credits on each creature is a good idea, but using egg coins I think? I mean you have to have the ability to earn the xc first to add a creature, right?

I know there have been several posts about the Egg Cave Click Exchange. I have removed all of my creatures because they never gained stats for months and months. No point having them there. Definitely something has to change, but it has to be fair and there should be something to strive for. I am all for a monthly raffle (earning tickets with clicks). That was so much fun! 😊

Nice ideas @rashka - hope they come up with something soon!!

Female
1,422 posts

rashka • 21 June 2019 at 7:48 AM

@novrain62

thanks for your post! gaining tickets for a lottery could also be nice! 😃

@dcmaster
@xenni
@eschla
@achimenes
@superunloved
@thedarkarcher

Female
208 posts

sunfire103 • 21 June 2019 at 11:57 AM

Virtuadopt works because their coding (for the exchange only) allows you can feed your own pokemon/egg multiple times if it comes up again. I'm not sure how they could do that on here since dealing with views/clicks/feeds, right now the code doesn't determine where it's coming from (as far as profile, exchange etc) - just that it counts as a click for that user - then there is a chance creatures don't get fed after that.

So I'm not sure what would work best on here. Someone awhile ago suggested to reset credits for end of the month (which doesn't sound fair or fun). So I suggested at end of month for any remaining XC, have a shop you can redeem them at (like how the CC Stat & Evolution Boosters work). Example for ever 10 XC you get 1 credit (view, feed, click) towards 1 of your creatures.

And perhaps a leaderboard, because right now there is right now there is no incentive to click creatures. There is just too many XC out there. I have 40,777 right now. I really wish they'd look back into this issue.

Female
2,485 posts

yogurt • 21 June 2019 at 12:30 PM

I think raffle would be cool! Reminds me of old time eggcavern. 😊

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 21 June 2019 at 2:52 PM

@rashka
I'm slightly confused on what ya mean [probably cause I'm not feeling that great]
But anyways, I think like if ya have extra XC that there would be a shop just for the XC. Like an exclusive critter/travels/etc and that they retire at some point too. Now I think that would definitely make people want to participate more. Or maybe like someone mentioned on raffles. Maybe a certain amount of XC gets ya a ticket for idk, I guess a new exclusive critter for it. Idk, like the shop idea more.

I have over 3oo,ooo XC. I still click occasionally, but not everyday cause I hardly get any clicks back and well I've been not feeling well lately and before that I was just busier than I have been on the past

I just don't think people should get XC everyday for just logging on or however that works. Ever since they updated the click exchange is when it lost effectiveness. I rather run out of critters to feed on there and just feed coves after and actually get clicks and such than a ton of critters in that people aren't clicking in exchange cause they get free XC. I don't think that made sense, sorry >.<

Female
1,422 posts

rashka • 21 June 2019 at 5:38 PM

@sunfire103 i don't know how it works or if it's ever possible to get something like that here, but that would be great to have a XC that works again

@immortalraven

there won't be any free XC , but the idea of a shop for extra XC could be nice!

Male
682 posts

decay • 21 June 2019 at 11:56 PM

@rashka

I think it's a great idea!
I feel like we tried to fix one problem and ended up making the click exchange pretty useless...
Meanwhile, back then while a group of people ruled the click exchange, it was still working and useful....

So I feel like something like this would be useful c:

Female
1,422 posts

rashka • 22 June 2019 at 8:19 AM

@dcmaster

thanks! i hope they'll work on that soon! i do have a site with alot of eggcave links, but i'd prefer to give clicks and feeds in the click exchange instead of there

Male
682 posts

decay • 22 June 2019 at 8:29 AM

@rashka

Yeah, I have had like 50 clicks for like 3 weeks now....

Let me ping some people for you!

Pings:
@prairie
@playermocha345
@calenlass
@icymuffin

Deleted • 22 June 2019 at 8:34 AM

@rashka I agree with this idea. Users should not be given 10XC when they reach 0XC because their creatures would just hog the Click Exchange. Extra EC or maybe a Shop with some type of item collected when clicking, like the Halloween event with the pumpkin seeds. Or perhaps a chance to get a Vend token?

Female
1,422 posts

rashka • 22 June 2019 at 8:40 AM

@playermocha345

ho! vend token would be nice to get once in a while! 😃

Female
189 posts

calenlass • 22 June 2019 at 8:40 AM

The CE is too time consuming for me so I never go on there. I just go to feed friendly coves and feed on there because I like to click/feed the pets continuously and not worry about people wanting only certain pets fed.

But I'm open to exploring your idea.

Female
1,422 posts

rashka • 22 June 2019 at 8:44 AM

@calenlass

thanks for your opinion! you'll see if this idea works it will be great

Female
9,796 posts

chapus • 11 August 2019 at 5:50 PM

@rashka I'm a bit confused by the questionnaire aspect to this idea, but I highly agree that something needs to be done about the Click Exchange. It's practically dead at this point! I do like the idea of being able to spend unused XC points, because people who don't need them to evolve creatures can still click and gain something from it, and it will also invite more users to click. The idea of a raffle like Egg Cavern is also cool!

There could also maybe have an achievement section? Like if you reach a certain number of total clicks alltime or in a day/week/month you could maybe also win something?

Male
2,235 posts

beta • 11 August 2019 at 7:42 PM

@rashka I want $1000!!! I could buy a tine/onny/macbot/doovoo with that 😊

Female
4,622 posts

mastergemma • 12 August 2019 at 4:32 AM

I would like to remind new and old users of the problem the Click exchange did have when it was first released. I believe I am remembering these things correctly, it has been a long time.

Each user was given 10 XC the very first time they accessed the page and then allowed to click when they added a creature. When their balance hit zero, their creature was removed. The pool of creatures was a good size but after a while it became very difficult for the average users to get any XC. I remember I used to be able to get 100 XC a day and then I would be stuck with no creatures to click. I used to be lucky with getting into the triple digits too, the day would reset when I get home from school so I would get the first chance at clicking creatures too.

There were also instances when I would reach zero while clicking and had to wait for hours for another user to log on, to get their account higher than 0 XC so I could put my creatures back onto the list for others to click. It was quite bad in hindsight but most of the time it ran well.

Very few creatures would appear for them because other users used to hoard XC. This made it very hard for new users to get any clicks as the rate the XC was being hoarded was higher than the increase added by new users.

With the new Click Exchange, how often have you been forced to stop as there were no creatures? How much XC have you been able to hoard and use freely? With the new system, the amount of XC available to people is much higher than what is being clicked so there will always be creatures. Considering what it used to be, it's a massive improvement but now there's the problem that there is too much.

The old Click Exchange mentality used to be click as much as you can as you don't know when you'll be able to click that creature again but using that same mentality now is not suitable.

The new XC allows users that have logged in within the last two months to gain 10 XC when their balance goes to zero to only the users with creatures in the exchange. This gave clickers the much needed boost to keep their creatures in the Exchange for longer and helped those who couldn't be on as much as they wanted to. But this also arose the problem of there being too much XC available to users. Users now look at their balance and see 1000 XC and say well, I don't need to click, I already have so much.

This isn't an easy fix, we have been at both ends of the Click Exchange problem now and so far, we're still looking for the equilibrium we need for the click exchange to be viable to users.

Another thing to look at is if we need the Exchange at all (I personally love it) if so few users are going to actually use it. Who is using the Exchange? Is it newer players or older players and if it's just older players then why is that? I feel like these are questions we need to cover to get a clear picture for the Click Exchange (I'm not asking anyone to answer these here so please don't reply with any answers, it's just food for thought).

Additionally if users were able to sell their XC then we would be back to the problem when the Click Exchange was first released - not enough clicks for everyone as everyone would be selling their XC. I would much rather see rare drops fall from using the exchange like EggCavern used to do with the raffle tickets.

Would adding a possibility to drop creatures here mean that there are too many ways to get creatures on this site (through the cave, Asteroid, CSP, trading, auction, Thief shop, event prizes, Oasis, SAR)?

Having it drop VEND tokens randomly sounds interesting though.

Thank you for listening to my Ted Talk, I was not planning on writing a book here and I hope I didn't jumble any of my paragraphs up.

Female
1,718 posts

minnie298a • 13 August 2019 at 9:00 AM

I've been around forever and I've been at least semi active the whole time, checking in at least every couple of days (depending on how my personally life is going). As I've said before the exchange is my main source of income. I was once abused by a player for feeding a pet they had accidentally put in their feed list (because that was obviously my fault for not knowing the creature wasn't meant to be there). The exchange is a safe place for me to feed away. As a result I love the exchange. It means that when my social anxiety is high, I don't have to interact with people and profiles. As much as I dislike my high balance, the exchange is still a place I visit every day, even if it's only to feed 10 or 20 creatures.

I remember the early days @mastergemma is talking about. I also agree that there where issues with the initial release of the exchange. And yes, people used to brag about how much XC they were hoarding, something I never understood the reasoning behind. I've always seen every XC I have as a stat I don't have.

Personally, the "fight" to gain XC was, to me, more engaging than the current incarnation. It was definitely frustrating at times to only feed 30 or so creatures and then wait until others participated. It lead to me often having to resort to feeding my own creatures for EC. Due to my time zone, I'm often on at the change of day. This by pure nature, allows me "first dibs" on all the creatures that have just regained their free credits, or reset their eligibility.

I don't hate the idea of being able to sell your excess credit, but I so see the danger of it then returning to a similar situation to the original exchange. Maybe there can be a limit on it, eg the shop is locked unless you have over 1000 credits or you can only purchase if you balance remains over 500 credits. Whether it is an outright shop, an expansion of the vend machine, a raffle or some sort of lucky dip (eg pay 100 credits and you could win anything from a common item to a creature, with vend tokens included on the prize pool), That way there are still the credits to keep the exchange running, but those with extra time or motivation can profit from their work.

I'm sure I've mentioned my other suggestion is to reduce the daily free credits, either by the amount, or by how long you qualify.

In saying all that, I personally find the exchange a lot easier to navigate while on my desktop computer, as I do the "ctrl -left click/ctrl-w" method for feeding. The opening/closing or even backtracking on my tablet is bothersome. If I'm restricted to my tablet, then I prefer to cove feed using the next button. There is a part of me wondering if others suffer this as well and if it's a contributing factor to the under use. But I'm also at an age where the new fangled technology of mobile devices confuses me............

Female
10 posts

fleurdecerise • 20 August 2019 at 11:31 PM

Give double EC if the creature was fed through click exchange.