New 4th of July Creature: Pewika

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Male
682 posts

decay • 7 June 2019 at 5:28 PM

Hello, I hope you're all doing well!

I'm here to introduce a creature I really enjoyed designing! However, I doubt it'll get made simply because of the timing! However, it was great to feel the creative juices c:

Pewika
(Peuu-e-kuh)

Creature Design:
https://www.deviantart.com/dcmastereggcave/art/New-Creature-800812477

Inspiration:
I was greatly inspired by the fireworks shows and the amount of waste that occurs when we have the celebration and basically I wanted to provide an explanation to what happens to that waste. Additionally, I wanted to highlight Americas affect on climate and the environment. As a result, my creature was inspired from the North American animal Pika which is predicted to go extinct if the temperature continues to rise.
Despite the heaviness of the topic, I wanted to keep the creature somewhat light and fun because I believe Eggcave shouldn't be a place where we worry a lot about heavy topics and problems of the world.
However, I do believe this is an important issue in our world.

Description:

Pewikas are small creatures known to be seen after the alarming sound of a firework going off. While many creatures would typically run from the loud sound, Pewikas have evolved to be drawn to the loud sound because they need the resources that are provided by the fireworks after they have ignited. For example, their nests are made from the various burnt pieces of firework trash left on the floor due to it's ability to retain heat. In addition, leftover gunpowder is ignited and famously, used when their nests are threatened to scare predators away with it's loud sound and bright flash. Unusually, Pewika are one of the only known species to be able to successfully operate gunpowder without injuries. There have been several reports of Pewikas even being able to navigate unpopped fireworks, both as a defense and as entertainment. Scientist have noted that the rise of the Pewika species is a related to the American tradition of blowing up fireworks on 4th of July where Pewika gets most of its resources. Typically, the waste is enough to last the species a whole year.

Pings:
@rashka
@playermocha345
@prairie
@foxesthebest
@xxsimplycountessxx

Please ping people, it helps me out a lot c:

Male
24 posts

euphoric • 7 June 2019 at 5:39 PM

Just here to add some pings!
I apologize if you don't like pings. Let me know and I won't ping you again!

Pings:
@id2d
@wigglytuff
@summerglow4a
@strawberrykisses
@stevepat2002

Male
682 posts

decay • 7 June 2019 at 5:55 PM

@strawberrykisses

It's similar c: it's more of a bunny. Well, mine look more like a mouse to be fair!
Haha sorry!

Pings:
@eggberts
@whimbie
@eschla
@inarivixen

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 7 June 2019 at 6:17 PM

@dcmaster wow, it's really cute and I love the concept!😊

Female
36 posts

eggberts • 7 June 2019 at 6:40 PM

The concept & result Pewika is very well thought out & presented as is. Wouldnot change anything. Since it is 4th July creature is doesnot necessarily have to look like a bunny. 😊 I would definitely buy one for every stage. I like it so much. Congratulations on your creativity.

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 7 June 2019 at 7:19 PM

@dcmaster
I see it like a gopher/guinea pig like animal, and holy moly I love it lmao.
That last stage! x'D

Female
1,422 posts

rashka • 7 June 2019 at 8:02 PM

@dcmaster

i love it and it's really cute! 😃

Male
2,235 posts

beta • 7 June 2019 at 8:53 PM

@dcmaster OMG I LOVE I LOVE IT I LOVE IT!!!!!!! ID BUY IT FOR 1K CC I NEED IT

Deleted • 7 June 2019 at 9:21 PM

@dcmaster Looks so COOL!! It's like a furry hamster mashed together with firecrackers! I adore the 3rd and 4th stage especially. I don't get what the 2nd stage is doing, is it eating firecrackers or what? The coloring is amazing too, 10/10 rating for me!

@calenlass
@demonicj
@duckduck
@kdxu
@novrain62
@wild_wonders
@kay_mentrae
@pet_cemetery
@sackname

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 7 June 2019 at 9:30 PM

@dcmaster
LOL it looks like my spirit animal X)
Obviously I love it! Last stage is my favourite, it'd be nice as a new years celebration creature~ csp ofc 😊

Female
472 posts

flakes • 7 June 2019 at 11:14 PM

@dcmaster i really like it! hopefully this gets made 😊

Male
682 posts

decay • 8 June 2019 at 12:55 AM

@strawberrykisses
Haha honestly, that's me with spiders in real life! Thanks for stopping by c:

@wigglytuff
Thank you so much! ^~^ it's really nice to hear!

@Eggburts
It took some thinking about but I've been hearing a lot about global warming and our environment so that's where my mind was c: Thank you so much! It's amazing to hear!

@prairie
Thank you! ^~^ It's based on this animal (I probably should of included it in the post):
https://www.google.com/search?q=pika&rlz=1C5CHFA_enUS790US790&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi5_NLZi9niAhXQpJ4KHQ9BCPYQ_AUIESgB&biw=1194&bih=737#imgrc=ZFkt6UczdeF6YM:
Haha yeah, the idea randomly popped up and I was like OMG YES!

@Rashka
Thanks for stopping by Rashka c:

Male
24 posts

euphoric • 8 June 2019 at 1:00 AM

I'm going to reply to some people from my side so the ping gets through!

@stevepat2002
Haha thank you so much! ^~^ There's not much I would buy for 1k so that's a huge compliment!

@playermocha345
Thank you! ^~^ The 2nd stage is based off when the Pika picks up grass and flowers and stuff!
I saw it and was like OMG WHAT IF IT HOLDS A FIREWORK IN IT'S MOUTH!
https://www.nwf.org/Educational-Resources/Wildlife-Guide/Mammals/American-Pika
Thanks for all the pings!

@wild_wonders
Thanks for stopping by! c: Awwww that's nice XD Oh yeah! That's a good point! I could see a New Years theme for it!

@Kdxu
Thanks for checking my design out! ^~^ Means a lot!

1,216 posts

pet_cemetery • 8 June 2019 at 9:42 PM

@dcmaster
Really cute and an cool concept. It doesn't look like its being very safe though. i feel bad for the last stage (where it is riding the rocket). For some reason it reminds me of that scene in the first Toy Story

Woody: Wait a minute, I just lit a rocket... rockets explode. AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!

..... Or maybe it enjoys it. I could see it go flying off into the ether on the back of a rocket. It explode and it falling back to the earth in a daze, only to run off and do it again.

90 posts

idol • 9 June 2019 at 9:46 AM

I think this is cute!! I usually don't even like mice but I think this is so cute!! What a fun idea of him riding on a rocket firework! ^.^

Non-binary
43 posts

xxspiriteaglexx • 30 July 2019 at 1:45 PM

@dcmaster

Ooooh I love it! I'd definitely buy one of ever stage!

Male
682 posts

decay • 1 August 2019 at 6:36 AM

@idol
@xxspiriteaglexx

I never said thank you..
So I wanted to say a huge thank you!
I appreciate the feedback and compliments!

@pet_cemetery

Like above, I never said thank you so thanks so much!
Also, haha I like to think that Pewika is a creature that likes to live on the edge xD
OH YEAH! I think I remember that scene haha