Click Exchange Is Not Viable Anymore

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 15 May 2019 at 10:35 PM

I'm thinking that Egg Cave needs to overhaul Click Exchange.
Since May 2nd I've had a total of 6 clicks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There are hundreds of creatures in the Exchange, but rarely anyone
is clicking.

Maybe lessen the number of creatures per person, back to 10.
Maybe allow us to earn more than just XC points.
Maybe tickets to raffles or something that makes it fun again for people.
I think people place creatures in the exchange and then just assume
everyone will click instead of clicking in return.

I mean, 6 clicks, since May 2????

Not worth the effort anymore to have creatures in the exchange if no one is clicking.

Can we please have a new system or just do away with it.

Thank you for listening in Advance!

A LONG TIME PLAYER ❤️

Female
2,153 posts

prairie • 16 May 2019 at 12:06 AM

@novrain62

I agree that the click exchange needs to change. I can't remember exactly why a change was made, but man, I wish we had the old version back at this point. :l
The Click exchange is basically dead to me at this point. 😋 I'd love to use it more, but with no real results, I prefer not to waste my time.

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 16 May 2019 at 12:10 AM

@prairie - I have creatures in the exchange that have been placed there since April 27 with only 6 or 9 clicks. Two from May 2 that have only 6 and 10 clicks. Those are terrible stats for as many eggs that are in the exchange. My XC barely goes down, sometimes 1 drop, sometimes 3 ... Definitely needs to change or be dropped altogether. I do think, however, that making it fun with rewards, such as tickets to a monthly raffle or something like that would help? I don't know the answer, I just know that it's not working at all.

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 16 May 2019 at 12:22 AM

@novrain62
It got like this when they updated the click exchange.
I don't use it everyday, but when I do I do a lot. I get frustrated with it so quit for a little bit. Others have made topics on this too before.
I have almost 3oo,ooo XC... and my stuff hardly gets clicked
I think maybe having a section where maybe we can use extra XC for exclusive critters/travels or something would make people wanna use the click exchange more.
Or weed out the critters of players that don't click much out of the click exchange.

@prairie
I believe the change was made because the exchange had always been empty because people would run out of XC and then there were none for some to click or something like that, but don't quote me on that.

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 16 May 2019 at 12:28 AM

@immortalraven - they did say with the last change that if you didn't click for 20 days your creatures would be removed, if I remember it correctly. Not sure that even matters at this point. I only have just over 1000 xc points because I have basically given up on the whole thing, but I've had no problem keeping that amount as it doesn't drop much at all. I like the idea of being able to use xc for exclusive critters/travels. That would entice players.

Good feedback!

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 16 May 2019 at 12:40 AM

@novrain62
I feel like those people might just click one critter to stay in or something cause the exchange has been so useless >.>

You're welcome c:

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 16 May 2019 at 12:52 AM

@closetotheedge, I remember those days too. About 450 per day and everyone was clicking in return!

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 16 May 2019 at 1:00 AM

I did send in a ticket several months back/last year and received a message along the lines of -- it's been noted and we'll keep this ticket open until we can try to get around to fixing it as soon as we can -- but the ticket has long since been deleted/archived, and I can't quite recall everything

Anyhow, the current click exchange system was supposed to automatically set recently active (within the past couple months or so) accounts to have at least 10 XC each morning and to exclude creatures from users who have been inactive. However, I'm not sure if what that specifically meant was ever elaborated on? Were users automatically removed if they were inactive on Egg Cave itself for several months or if they were inactive on the Click Exchange for several months? (But in the latter case, what would that mean if users were automatically given 10 XC each morning? Would or wouldn't that cause them to constantly be counted as active since their creatures are still technically in the system? There certainly are a lot of creatures from relatively inactive accounts still listed in there...)

But there was a good point in fixing the previous system, users were hoarding XC and making the exchange system a little imbalanced. Perhaps a XC cap based on how many creatures you have in the exchange would suffice? And the excess XC would be put into a pool that would be redistributed other actively clicking users?

Anyhow, I agree, the Click Exchange as it is now is not viable and quite unappealing

Female
224 posts

cheetahgirl8 • 16 May 2019 at 10:17 AM

i agree i need to get clicks but scing the end of april ive barly gotten over 5 for each

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 17 May 2019 at 8:15 AM

@icymuffin & @cheetahgirl8 - thank you for the feed back!

I am not sure how the system is working now. Is it even working?
Take away the 10 XC for each person daily so that the people who never
click (like those who quit) can have their creatures removed.
I like that idea. Something has to give.

Happy Weekend!