Hi, back after a 3 year hiatus :) What did I miss?

in General

Female
1,166 posts

eggs • 30 April 2019 at 3:18 AM

Hi, It's been a while since I've been here! I took a break through most of high school in order to focus on schoolwork, and now that I've received my admissions results, I finally feel like I can relax 😃 (As someone who'd started playing in 5th grade, I can't believe I'm heading to college now...) So much must have happened during my 3 year-hiatus, so I'd love to catch up a bit and have fun with trading again. I've also lost a lot of creatures, so I'm looking forward to getting enough CC to revive some of my favs!

As the title says, I'd love to catch up on any big changes/ events that I might've missed. Plus I just want to chat in the forums again - I really missed this place ❤ī¸

Also: how do people immortalize their creatures now? I remember we used to post them on a sticker site before, but apparently it doesn't work anymore ☚ī¸

Female
1,629 posts

minnie298a • 30 April 2019 at 8:07 PM

@eggs

Welcome back.

Was the Click Exchange around when you left? If not, I'm going to recommend you look into that. Basically you can put up to 20 creatures in at a time, indicating weather you would prefer feeds or just clicks (or leave blank for either). For every click or feed you do, you get a credit, which means your creature will then appear in the exchange for others to click on. The system isn't perfect, and it can seem slow, but it does seem to eventually work for me. At the very least it's a bunch of creatures that are "safe" to feed for ec.

Also if it wasn't around, if you can get some CC (which can be purchased from other players for ec), I'd also recommend getting the Leaf of Vaka. For 500CC it will keep all the pets on the account it's on at 100% happiness, meaning they won't die, regardless of their level.

User shops (which do also sell CC) were introduced to coincide with the introduction of Quests. Basically you gather items that certain npc's are chasing in return for a token. Get enough tokens and you can visit the vending machine to win a retired creature. You can find out more under the Games drop down or at https://eggcave.com/help/quests .

Not sure on the immortalizing bit though. I know some players will help for a fee, or you can buy stat boosters for CC. Personally, I'm doing it slowly through the XC.

Female
1,166 posts

eggs • 30 April 2019 at 11:26 PM

@minnie298a

Thank you for taking your time to respond!

I do remember the CX, but the leaf of vaka is definitely a new and really helpful addition. Hopefully I can save enough CC for that! The user shops sound really cool, and I'll definitely try out the quests (it does seem to require a lot ec/time investment though)

Deleted • 1 May 2019 at 1:28 AM

@eggs welcome back, wow that a long time.

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 1 May 2019 at 1:47 AM

@eggs
Welcome back! Saw your other thread, I'm sorry about your Aqueuren ☚ī¸ If you have any questions, feel free to shoot a PM my way! 😃