The Quest Begins [RPG inspired roleplay]

in Roleplaying

1,467 posts

robinn • 23 April 2019 at 3:09 PM

Story

You live in a fantasy world where dragons and magic exist. You are in the small town of Lorhaven and you notice an ad. The ad reads “Looking for party members. Wanna help me slay a dragon? If interested, meet at Gar’s Well.”

List of Classes

Choose one of these classes for your character.

Knight - Attacks with a sword/axe/lance and shield. Good at fighting up close and dealing powerful attacks.

Archer - Attacks with a bow. Good at fighting from a distance and sniping. They’re not very good at dealing with close ranged attacks.

Mage - Attacks with magic. Can deal powerful magic attacks, but they have lower defense.

Healer - Takes care of the injured. They cannot defend themselves, so they’re able to summon spirits to protect and fight for them in battle.

Thief - Attacks with a dagger. Their attacks are more focused on speed than on power. They have a talent for breaking into places and stealing.

Rules

No more than two characters per person

Characters should be over the age of 10

No controlling other people’s characters

Keep it PG-13

Your character can have powers, but please limit it to one power, try not to make them overpowered

Character Template
Name:
Appearance:
Class:
Personality:
Weakness:
Background Information:

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 24 April 2019 at 7:25 PM

Oo! Sounds interesting. Want a character sheet for people to use? @summerglow4a

1,467 posts

robinn • 24 April 2019 at 11:00 PM

@wingedfox Oops I forgot to add one, I'll fix that!

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 25 April 2019 at 3:43 PM

@summerglow4a
Great idea! Can I join?

Name: Julie Fuentes
Appearance: brown hair, green eyes, wears black armor and a helmet, trusting to her friends
Class: knight
Personality: loyal, rule-following, kind of cold
Weakness: long ranged attacks, scared of heights heights
Background Information: Her mom was killed by a dragon and her dad is at war. Julie was enrolled in knight classes by her dad to follow in her parents footsteps.

Name: Cleo Hess
Appearance: dirty blonde hair, hazel eyes, wears robes
Class: Mage
Personality: two faced, happy go lucky and tries to be funny usually, but inside he is lonely and does not trust anyone
Weakness: weapons(can't wield them well), scared of dark
Background Information: Parents died when he was young, his uncle suggested for him to go to mage school and he did

1,467 posts

robinn • 25 April 2019 at 4:08 PM

@shadowdragon28 Yes! Thanks for joining!

Name: Korbin Leve
Class: Thief
Personality: Snarky, sarcastic, self-serving
Appearance: Black spiky hair, crimson eyes, wears a dark cloak.
Weakness: Not very good at taking direct hits.
Background Information: He’s lived alone most of his life. Survived by stealing from others. He wants to get rich.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 25 April 2019 at 7:36 PM

You're welcome!

Name: Chaka Maye
Appearance: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/0f/07/db/0f07dba9064829e79dcc6cfda6f91de8.jpg
Class: Mage
Personality: Childish most of the time, but has her extreme wise points.
Weakness: Dark magic, time.
Background Information: She learned magic when she was young and used it to prolong her life. If she drops the spell holding her life up, she dies instantly by fading into dust. She has to concentrate hard and rarely sleeps.

Does this work? Please let me know if this is wrong in anything.

1,467 posts

robinn • 25 April 2019 at 7:42 PM

@wingedfox That works! Thanks for joining!

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 25 April 2019 at 8:31 PM

You're welcome!
(you don't have to keep pinging me, I follow)

1,467 posts

robinn • 25 April 2019 at 8:38 PM

Korbin sat at the edge of the well. He was scrapping of some of the moss with his dagger out of boredom. He wondered if anyone would actually show up. Korbin sighs to himself. He wasn't looking forward to working with other people, but he wanted that reward.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 25 April 2019 at 8:41 PM

Chaka giggled to herself when she saw the poster. Why did they bother killing just ONE dragon? Why not kill a whole wing of them? She supposed another dragon's death wouldn't hurt. She started to the well.

1,467 posts

robinn • 25 April 2019 at 9:00 PM

Korbin fans himself to cool down. He slightly regrets wearing dark clothes during the hottest time of day. He glances up and sees a young girl approaching. Did she my poster? Wait, she looks a little young. Didn't I add an age limit? He wonders.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 25 April 2019 at 9:10 PM

Chaka waved to the boy sitting on the well. Another person to bug/impart wisdom upon? This would be so fun.

1,467 posts

robinn • 25 April 2019 at 9:20 PM

Korbin quickly glances behind himself. No one there. She's waving at me... He awkwardly smiles and waves back.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 25 April 2019 at 9:23 PM

Chaka walked over to and sat by the boy. He looked nervous. He had no reason to be. "Are we the first ones here?" She asked cheerfully.

One more character...
Name: Jed Mayso
Appearance: https://static.zerochan.net/Archer.%28Lapichro%29.full.2080226.jpg
Class: Archer
Personality: Jed is a serious, get-it-done-before-we-all-die kind of person. He won't hesitate to protest those close to him.
Weakness: The fear of losing those he cares about.
Background Information: The first time he picked up a bow, his father had died. The bow was his faather's. He still uses that bow

1,467 posts

robinn • 25 April 2019 at 9:29 PM

"Yeah, I'm the one who made the poster." Korbin says to her. "I didn't actually think anyone would show up." He mutters.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 25 April 2019 at 10:33 PM

Julie glanced around the marketplace as she hurried to the well. Maybe this wasn't a good idea. Could this be a trap? She shifted her backpack with armor so it was more comfortable. Suddenly, she bumped into a stranger. Almost falling but then steadying herself, Julie looked at the blonde boy staring back at her with a grin on his face. "Do you mind?" she said coldly, aiming a glare at the stranger.

Cleo grinned at the girl. "Sorry. I was just heading to the well. The names Cleo." The girl's face shot up with a look of surprise. "You're going there too?" Cleo nodded. "Nice to already know someone in the crew." The girl scoffed at him before replying, "Julie." She walked off to the well. Cleo hurriedly followed behind her. Geez, did the girl wake up on the wrong side of bed or what.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 26 April 2019 at 3:06 PM

"Cool! I'm Chaka. Nice to meet you." She said, grinning.

Jed stood on a building as he watched the people at the well. Could they be trusted? Hmm. If I jumped down would they kill me on the spot? I fingered my bow.

1,467 posts

robinn • 26 April 2019 at 3:21 PM

"I'm Korbin." He says to her. "I wonder if anyone else is going to show up."

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 26 April 2019 at 4:08 PM

Julie walked over to the two people at the well. Was one of them the sender? "Do you know where the dragon slaying crew is?"

Cleo ran up behind her. "I"m Cleo. Nice to meet you. It's a great day to be outside," he grinned.

1,467 posts

robinn • 26 April 2019 at 4:21 PM

Korbin perked up. "That's us! I'm Korbin, by the way."

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 26 April 2019 at 6:46 PM

Chaka waved hugely. "Only since you arrived..." she said to Cleo. "Hi other lady!" She said loudly.

Jed rolled his eyes and jumped down from the roof.

1,467 posts

robinn • 26 April 2019 at 7:08 PM

Korbin hears a thud and turns around. "Who are you? Were you watching us from the roof? That's creepy." He says to Jed.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 26 April 2019 at 7:13 PM

"Julie," She replied coldly, spinning around and drawing a dagger as soon as she heard a thump.

Cleo blushed lightly and tried to cover it. Hearing a loud noise, he jumped instinctively and looked at the person that appeared out of nowhere. Another companion?

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 26 April 2019 at 8:16 PM

"I was merely deciding whether it was worth joining you." Jed said stiffly. He looped his bow over his neck and let it hang down his back.

Chaka grinned as she turned around.

1,467 posts

robinn • 26 April 2019 at 8:29 PM

"Whatever, I think we have a large enough group now." Korbin says. "Let's go accept the job, follow me." He walks down the road to an orphanage. He knocks on the door. A young man with blond hair opens it. "Hello? Oh you're the man who came by earlier." He says.
"I got a group of people now, can I accept the job?" Korbin asks.
"Yes of course, I didn't want to send you on your own since it could be dangerous." The man smiles at the others. "Hello, I'm Viridian."

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 26 April 2019 at 8:34 PM

Chaka jumped to her feet and followed Korbin. "Hi Viridian!!!" I said happily, waving my hand in the air. I didn't realize that my hand had a faint pinkish glow.

Jed followed the group. He would eventually learn everyone's names and histories, then he would be able to use them for his own gain.

1,467 posts

robinn • 26 April 2019 at 8:53 PM

"Please, come in." Viridian says. Korbin looks around, the place seemed to be empty. "Hey, why is there no kids around here?" He asks. Viridian's expression becomes troubled. "Yes, that's why I called you here. Children have been disappearing lately. We think the dragon outside of the town is kidnapping them. Please defeat the dragon and bring them back safely."

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 26 April 2019 at 9:29 PM

Julie felt a flash of worry but maintained her calm facade. She couldn't show any weakness to her companions. "We will defeat the dragon, Sir." Even so, she felt doubt worm its way into her heart. After all, what could a group of kids, even skilled, do against a fearsome dragon?

Cleo nodded. "You can count on us." He grinned at the man, but inwardly assessed him for threats. Cleo could probably take the man if this was a trap. "So where's the dragons lair? I'm sure we'll be able to beat him."

1,467 posts

robinn • 26 April 2019 at 9:42 PM

"Just a minute, I'll grab a map." Viridian pulls a worn map from his robes. He draws a circle on the map. "These caves outside of the town is where the dragon is." He smiles at them. "I wish you good luck."

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 27 April 2019 at 1:55 PM

"Right." Julie took the map and studied it for a bit.

"Oooh, lemme see." Cleo jumped up and down.