Monthly/Special Release Creature Suggestion: The Optika

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

33 posts

sweetburns • 10 April 2019 at 6:02 AM

Hello all, revamping a previous creature idea I had into the Optika.

About the egg:
Optika eggs are usually found in dry, dark locations, due to their shell being quite photosensitve. As a solitary creature, the optika is carefully placed in such a place by its mother and then left to fare for itself. They generally hibernate inside thier egg for a year, before finally deciding to hatch as a fully formed adult.

About the creature:
The optika creatures are a rare species, and are not easy to spot despite their strange appearance. They have superior vision in the dark, as well as in environments of great light, due to their ability to manipulate the number of rods & cones in their eye. It is presumed that optikas can also see all of the colours on the spectrum, and have a photographic memory. Their heightened capabiltiies and rarity have prevented them from becoming abused as surveliiance “pets”.

Visual: https://ibb.co/64pCj3j

Let me know what you think 😊

#creaturesuggestion

Female
1,474 posts

froot • 10 April 2019 at 9:34 AM

@sweetburns Woah that's sorta creepy but it's cool XD
I like the description, so creative! So basically it's like a living camera 😋

I'll ping some people for you ❤️
(Sorry if you didn't like the ping):
@playermocha345
@icecloud101
@prairie
@achimenes
@wild_wonders

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 10 April 2019 at 12:26 PM

@sweetburns Cool! I like it, and I don't think there's a creature like this on Egg Cave! Love it, love it! ❤️

1,627 posts

icecloud101 • 10 April 2019 at 1:57 PM

@sweetburns
kind of weird but also kind of cute at the same time 😸
i like it
@ shadowfaxe
(thanks for pinging me)

Deleted • 10 April 2019 at 6:00 PM

@sweetburns Ahhh!! I was right! The name is a total giveaway. Optika=eye creature. I didn't even read the description! 😋 I like it! It's so round and cute but not cuddly. What color is it going to be? Grey?

Female
1,242 posts

senkou • 10 April 2019 at 7:21 PM

@sweetburns
wow this is a really unique and different style creature! Eggcave might like to explore this kind for halloween, it would make a great spooky pet! 😋 thanks @shadowfaxe for the ping and best of luck in getting it made. 😸

33 posts

sweetburns • 11 April 2019 at 8:16 AM

@shadowfaxe @qerrats @icecloud101 - thanks everyone 😊 appreciate the pings & feedback

@playermocha345 - Glad to hear it! I kind of like it as a black/white creature - maybe it could be that it appears that way to everything, but is actually a colour we can't see on the spectrum like ultra-violet?

@wild_wonders
thanks C: I'd love it as a halloween one!

Deleted • 11 April 2019 at 9:40 AM

@sweetburns Maybe maybe. Or some transparency could do too!

Female
2,153 posts

prairie • 11 April 2019 at 11:07 AM

@sweetburns
I find this to be a really unique suggestion! 😃 And I love it! ᵉᵛᵉⁿ ᵗʰᵒᵘᵍʰ ᶦᵗ ʷᶦᵉʳᵈˢ ᵐᵉ ᵒᵘᵗ ᵃˡᶦᵗᵗˡᵉ xD
I agree with wild_wonders that it's be a good Halloween creature. But I could also see it fitting a rainbow/color theme month because, while outwardly black and white, it can see colors the human eye can't detect. 😱

Deleted • 11 April 2019 at 5:50 PM

@sweetburns wow I never seen one of those before on here. I love it. I hope in cave I want to adopt them all

33 posts

sweetburns • 11 April 2019 at 7:43 PM

@playmocha345 & @prairie great suggestions! Love the creepy critters haha

@loveyoumore thank you

Female
890 posts

murfijs • 16 April 2019 at 2:37 AM

i would like to adopt this creepy creature 😱 i think it could be a halloween creature