What should I do?

in Chit-Chat

Female
1,426 posts

bloom • 4 April 2019 at 4:02 PM

Hey everyone! Since I have no life and I watch anime for a living (lol), I need all the recommendations I need. I finished The Promised Neverland (great anime for horror/thriller fans) and Bungou Stray Dogs. And is currently watching JoJo's Bizzare Adventure! Afterwards... now that's the problem.

I prefer an anime that is not "on-going" and has not too many episodes (maxium around 20 because I want to explore more anime instead on sticking to one!) I enjoy fantasy, action, and thriller animes, but I enjoy others!

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated (you truly would save my soul)!

141 posts

stormwarden • 4 April 2019 at 4:33 PM

@bloom hi! if you haven't already, I definitely recommend checking out Mob Psycho 100 (season 2 just finished!). i really only watch the long animes though like hunter x hunter or fullmetal alchemist otherwise my suggestion would include those two as well haha ^^;

Female
1,426 posts

bloom • 4 April 2019 at 4:37 PM

@stormwarden
I see! Thank you for the recommendations~ I'll be sure to check them out.

Female
472 posts

christine13531 • 4 April 2019 at 7:12 PM

@Bloom Here is a list of animes I'd recommend you watching if you haven't already:
- No Game No Life
- Angel Beats
- Noragami
- One Punch Man
- Yuri On Ice
- Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
It's a rather short list, but the other ones I've watched are far more than 20 episodes...

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 6 April 2019 at 4:36 AM

@bloom

I would recommend looking at myanimelist's top anime.
https://myanimelist.net/topanime.php
https://myanimelist.net/topanime.php?type=bypopularity

The difference between these two lists are the scores that users have given to a show and the number of users that have watched a show.
But when you watch Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (~50ish eps but WORTH it), the English dub is really good and so is Stein's Gate's (26ish eps) and Angel Beat's (12 eps) dub.

If you want horror, Higurashi is really good. I haven't seen it myself but from what I know, you watch the first season to watch the second season, where it becomes a really good show. I feel like Konosuba would be a good choice if you like fantasy. It's a bit of a satire and has a lot of comedy but it's a really good show with two seasons so about 24ish episodes. One Punch Man is also really good but I find it is more of a niche anime than people realize. By no means am I saying to give it a miss, it's still really good and the second season is starting very soon, if not already.

I love JJBA but I'm a few episodes behind now!

1,558 posts

dragonii • 1 May 2019 at 7:24 AM

@bloom Some of the anime I would recommend have already been recommended (Incase you need another one to vouch for Mob psycho 100, here I am! It's a really good show and I 100% recommend it). But, the two I would recommend is Boku no hero academia(super main stream I know, but its still really good.) and gekkan shojo nozaki-kun.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 10 May 2019 at 11:35 PM

@bloom
Well, Love Live is a good anime but I'm not sure if it's too long for you.....

Female
44 posts

littletigrpaws4 • 30 May 2019 at 4:56 AM

I suggest Himouto! Umaru-chan.
( I Would also recommend Miss kobayashi's dragon maid but it also got reccomended...)

Female
2,022 posts

budgie • 30 May 2019 at 10:43 AM

@bloom If you haven't seen it yet, I think Future Diary would be right up your ally. Describing it shortly would be that a dozen people hunt each other down with devices bestowed upon them by the god of the world, the last man standing becomes the new god. There's quite a bit more to it than that but it's better to delve into it on your own, one of my favorite animes ^^