Music Discussion

in Entertainment

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 27 March 2019 at 7:53 AM

What music do you listen to?
I listen to quite a lot of different genres and I do enjoy listening to everything at least once.

At the moment I have been listening to Sophie Ellis Bextor's newest album which is essentially just an orchestral remix of her music. It's beautiful and I adore it so much because it's already songs I love but in a more relaxing way! Usually I do not like remixes but these are nice.

I'm a huge fan of some Vocaloid composers like Circus-P and SweetRevengeK, if you've heard of them heh but I'm aware of most of the well known composers.

I don't often listen to whatever is on the radio but when I do, it's usually the station that plays 80s songs because I know more of those than the newer songs.

My sister once told me that she heard one of my favourite songs on tv. It was shocking as it was composed by Miracle of Sound, a composer who posts music on Youtube so hearing it on tv was shocking because it was an actual show having a segment on him. I wish I saw it though because I would have loved hearing what they had to say!

Female
3,802 posts

sparklefox • 27 March 2019 at 9:49 AM

@mastergemma - I mostly just listen to music from games that I enjoy playing or watching people play. I don't really have a favourite genre, since whatever I want to listen to just usually depends on my mood at the time. Right now, I've been listening to a lot of Sonic and Breath of the Wild music, with some Pokemon and Metal Gear Rising thrown in here and there.

I'm honestly really grateful for channels like BrawlBRSTMs on YouTube that extend the soundtracks to these games. Although, I'm still pretty sad that the guy who extended the soundtracks to lesser-known games like Drill Dozer and Fossil Fighters: Frontier was taken down a while ago.

I never really listen to music on the radio either, mostly because I just never listen to radio at all anyway. Most of the newer music that I've heard when I've been in a place with the radio on seems pretty dull and same-y, so I doubt I'm missing on much.

One of my lecturers at college recently introduced me to Lemon Jelly's stuff, which I've quickly taken a liking to. I've always liked music that used samples and stuff as lyrics. Although, I will never not think of Jet Set Radio when I hear music like that...

As of typing this, I'm actually listening to Kraken of the Sea from EarthBound right now. The music in that game is pretty unique and weird, as well as the Mother series as a whole.

Female
3 posts

galaxydancer • 20 April 2019 at 6:17 PM

my favourite band is Panic! At The Disco (or should i say person: there’s only one member)

i’ve seen them live and it was the best night of my life

i honestly love him/them so much ❤️ haha

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 11 May 2019 at 7:20 PM

@mastergemma
Songs, music, I'm fine with most of them. I actually don't have a favorite band. Most of my playlists are JubyPhonic or Undertale fan songs. I also listen to Undertale and Deltarune soundtracks.

Male
682 posts

decay • 12 July 2019 at 9:49 AM

@mastergemma

I really like rock I didn't grow up with it though I was a pop/hip-hop kid, it was more of a high school emo thing that turned into a great interest xD
So I really liked bands like Rise Against, Circa Survive, Day to Remember, Pierce the Veil and of course the classics like Panic! at the Disco (memorized the whole album of A Fever You Can't Sweat Out) and stuff like that lol
I was really into some indie stuff like From Indian Lakes and Local Natives and like Tame Impala
Recently, I've been listening a lot of Hozier who is such an amazing human with great music and I got the privilege to see live!
but i've been really into this neo-soul type music (don't tell badu I called her music that xD) like Erykah Badu and Solange
I'm always looking for new artist to listen to c:
If anyone has suggestions let me know 😋

Gender Nonconforming
1,249 posts

frankenstein • 22 July 2019 at 11:02 PM

I really enjoy 70's and 80's rock, and I also like heavy stuff, like Metallica and Rammstein.
I also like really meme-worthy music. I think it's light and fun, even though it's something I enjoy secretly, haha.

Trans Male
905 posts

cleokitty • 22 July 2019 at 11:25 PM

Recently I've been bopping to early 2000s miku songs 😋 They just make me really happy with how silly they are! I also really like Glass Animals, Jack Stauber, and music tracks from games/anime. Especially the mp100 intro, its fantastic!

Male
2,235 posts

beta • 3 September 2019 at 9:11 PM

@@mastergemma (really hope this isnt bumping an old topic...)

I listen to every genre, from Beethoven(classical) to rappers like x. Old country, to new techno. I like music in general