in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Yay or Nay?

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 25 March 2019 at 10:39 PM

▒█▀▀█ █▀▀█ ░▀░ █▀▄▀█ █▀▀ █▀▀█ █▀▀█
▒█░▄▄ █▄▄▀ ▀█▀ █░▀░█ █▀▀ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█
▒█▄▄█ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀░░░▀ ▀▀▀ ▀░▀▀ ▀░░▀

I know, it's a little early for Halloween, but I wanted to post it just in case there was a dark theme coming up 😊

Art: http://fav.me/dd312wo

Egg

Grimera eggs often materialize out of the most unlikely places, usually in the shadows. Near hatching, the mane and jewel will begin to pulse with bright colors, usually from the purple side of the color wheel.

Creature
Though majestic, Grimera are known for being both malicious and mischievous. They are extremely skilled hunters, not letting their brightly glowing mane deter them from securing the kill even in the darkest environments. In fact, many passersby and prey will become entranced by watching the colors flicker like magic, allowing the Grimera to pounce before the victim can react.

These creatures are born from the shadows, and are virtually non-existent during the day as there is not enough darkness for them to manifest themselves. Once the sun sets, the jewel from the egg (which is actually the grown creature’s heart) harnesses the shadows surrounding it to create its form. Theoretically speaking, the Grimera is basically solidified darkness and cannot exist during the day. However, that does not explain how an unknown force seems move objects and trip Arkians while the sun is high in parts of Ark that are loaded with Grimera.

#skyggestions #creaturesuggestions #creaturesuggestion

Starting Pings: (sorry!)
@qerrats
@prairie
@moonweaver
@cloudslay3r

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 25 March 2019 at 11:08 PM

@skyfall4
I really love this idea!! 😃 😃
You'll definitely have to re-open/get it up to the front again in August so it's active around October suggestion time! 😊 (as I think they give artist's the month before the actual due month to draw them.)
And in the meantime, yeah, if there where any dark themes/or new cave creature opening, this would be great. *3*
I love how you mashed grim and chimera together, it works really well as a name. 😃 ❤️

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 25 March 2019 at 11:30 PM

@prairie
Thank you! 😃 Yeah, I probably will, do I just make a new thread to repost it or just post on the topic? 😋

Hehe, I took a long time to decide before realizing that it wasn’t too hard to find a name for this one 😋

Pings Round 2: (Sorry)
@jlya
@Ian owo
@rashka

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 26 March 2019 at 12:13 AM

@skyfall4
I usually just make a post saying something like: 'Revamping this suggestion for [theme] [year]!' and include a few pings. 😱
If I have a older post, I just delete.

And haha, sometimes the most obvious names fit best. xD
When I was coming up with names for the clorgi, my first name suggestion I brainstormed up was clorgi. 😋
But I thought it was too obvious, and my exact words to @birdlover64 in our PM was:
"Clorgi (pretty obvious)
But mmmmm...... still thinkin"
But yet here we are lol.

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 26 March 2019 at 12:18 AM

@skyfall4
*Gasp* So cute! Heh, I kinda like that it's spooky, but that it is pretty cute in the child stage. I think (don't know, THINK!!!!!) that we might meet more spooky creatures, as we haven't had very many this year! The only ones were the CRW creatures! Also, I haven't seen a whole lot of spooky creatures around the creature suggestion, so I think this one'll stand out! 😸

Female
893 posts

murfijs • 26 March 2019 at 11:53 AM

@skyfall4 ooh!a spooky new creature 😱 i think it needs to get made

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 26 March 2019 at 5:55 PM

@prairie
Ohhh okay... I’ll reopen it near end of August then 😸 ikr! A lot of names you can see where the origin comes from 😋

@qerrats
😸 😃 Thank you!!! ❤️

@murfijs
Thanks!!! 😃

1,027 posts

anarchy • 30 March 2019 at 7:14 AM

@skyfall4

This is really cool! I love the grunge-y colors ❤️ And the purple/pink gradient works well with the flame on its tail.

The last stage is really boss so I'd probably let mine fully evolve if I had one 😊

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 30 March 2019 at 7:26 AM

@skyfall4
yoooo dude i love this!! the colours really go together so well and the design is just perfect for halloween~ if this gets made i'm gonna freeze mine in second stage 😸 thanks so much for telling me about this, fingers crossed it gets made! best of luck ❤️

@ian
@ian
@ian

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 9 April 2019 at 12:36 PM

RIP me I forgot to reply :'D

@anarchy
😃 Thank you! I think I like last stage too! ^^ I based it off a "glowing" theme I saw on instagram 😋

@wild_wonders
Thank youuuuuu! ❤️ 😸

Pings:
@marner
@achimenes
@thedarkarcher

Deleted • 9 April 2019 at 5:41 PM

@skyfall4

I am in LOVE with this suggestion!! ❤️ o ❤️ The description is perfect, and all the stages look fantastic! (It's so hard to pick a stage that I really love, because I love them all right down to the last detail!) It's definitely the kind of creature you'd want to collect and freeze in every stage! ~

This has to be one of my favorite suggestions ever made, I wish you the best of luck that it gets used! 😃 ❤️

Female
1,575 posts

sorrow • 9 April 2019 at 6:09 PM

@skyfall4
I LOVE the egg! Really nice job drawing and shading it. The description fits really well, too. The last stage is really nice, too. It's not too dark, which i feel like is a problem with a lot of Halloween pets. And you made that pop of color work in the description really well. Plus, we always need more lizards.

Deleted • 9 April 2019 at 11:11 PM

@skyfall4 i love it i would love to collect them all to give to newbies I am donation center for newbies

Female
1,689 posts

cloudslay3r • 11 April 2019 at 11:43 PM

@skyfall4

As beautiful as always! A descriptive and original description to match with an original, and well-drawn creature ❤️

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 17 April 2019 at 12:17 AM

Ooops sorry late replies every time :'D

@achimenes
Thank you so much!!! 😃 I try to make creatures that I myself would want every stage, I'm glad you love it! ❤️

@marner
Thank you! 😸 ❤️ I saw a lot of "glowing art" post which really triggered me- they were so pretty, I couldn't resist doing something similar 😋 It's not really the same, but the colors definitely stand out just right. I'm quite proud of this one actually 😱 😃

@newbiedonationcenter
Thanks! And that's very nice of you 😊

@cloudslay3r
TYSM ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Pings (sorry):
@sackname
@arcana

1,478 posts

arcana • 17 April 2019 at 11:17 PM

This is an interesting creature, and while i would like to have one, I do think that the evolution stages aren't quite distinguishable. Maybe change the tail colors every evolution? I think that with some changes, it could be really great!

Deleted • 19 April 2019 at 11:30 AM

@skyfall4 Love it hope it gets picked for Halloween I want one

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 22 April 2019 at 2:53 PM

@arcana
Thank you! Actually, that would be nice, different colors 😱

@loveyoumore
Thank you! ❤️

Pings (sorry)
@sackname
@sun_light
@lendulka

Female
2,675 posts

jlya • 25 April 2019 at 2:46 PM

@skyfall4
Ooh, I likey. 😈
I love the art and the description, and I would love to see this as a creature!! Definitely hope it comes back for Halloween. Great job, and can't wait to see this back ❤️

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 3 May 2019 at 6:14 PM

@jlya
Oops, late reply again xD Thank you! 😸 ❤️❤️❤️

Pings:
@saturna
@sandara
@nekogirl
@iia

Female
471 posts

sandara • 3 May 2019 at 11:53 PM

@skyfall4
I liked it a lot, hope it gets chosen😊
But I agree with arcana, I think the stages are too alike, it would be cool i you add some tatoos that grows with the creature or if you put someting transparent that looks like a little ball spirits around the creature (like, the child has only one, the teen has 2~3 and the adult is surrounded by them), it would be awesome.

Female
862 posts

saturna • 3 May 2019 at 11:54 PM

@skyfall4
Thanks for the ping! I like being able to look at creature suggestions, and I adore the idea behind this one! The design is pleasing to look at while still retaining its "dark" theme, and it works really well! The idea of it only being to manifest itself in shadows is also really inspired and creative.