Shop Logs

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Cis Female
620 posts

armageddondoll • 17 March 2019 at 3:10 PM

I want to start by saying that I love the user shops. They're incredibly helpful both to buyers and sellers, especially for questing.

That said, I would love if there were shop logs. A log that keeps track of what was bought in your shop. Whether or not the buyer is named is a secondary thing, but knowing what gets bought, especially if you have a large shop, would be so helpful in terms of knowing your supply and demand, what's being bought, and what's just taking up valuable space in your shop.

EX:
Item Name - Price - SOLD

Just a little personal log that you can look through to see what gets consistently bought in your shop. And if buyers names were added, say maybe you keep stocking a travel that most people don't buy in the Travel Agency, but someone is making their whole cove that travel, so every time you stock it, they buy it. It could open up a window for people to trade or travel swap in that instance.

Either way, I would love to know what is being purchased from my shop, that way I can better meet supply and demand, and streamline my shop to cater to wanted items.

Tags:
@kataclysm
@muppet
@mairbear
@eschla

Please tag those who you think would like to weigh in on this 😊

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 17 March 2019 at 3:14 PM

I know I would love this feature, personally. I understand that logging the users that bought the items might not be in everyone's best interests (even though I'd personally enjoy being able to thank someone for buying something) but I think that letting people that utilise the stores know what is selling best is a great idea. I don't necessarily see a downside to it, though I know that it might risk an issue with inflation, but what user-run marketplace doesn't have that risk?

I'd like to know what's going on in my store, at any rate, so I fuuully support this idea. ❤ī¸

Female
170 posts

muppet • 17 March 2019 at 4:30 PM

EXCELLENT idea!!! I am in full support of this...with or without usernames added it would help sooooo much.
I sell all books but unless I go through my GINORMOUS inventory & keep a spreadshee, etc...I don't know what I have to restock. Then I end up with 12 copies of 1 book & I'm out of others ☚ī¸

I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY hope Eggcave does this!!!

@prairie
@Immortalraven
@smithbob6
@novrain62
@stevepat2002

Cis Female
620 posts

armageddondoll • 17 March 2019 at 5:04 PM

@muppet
Exactly! Names or no names, I just want to know what gets bought and what sits that way I know what to stock without having to keep a log myself, because I know I'll forget to update it XD

Male
83 posts

smithbob6 • 17 March 2019 at 8:55 PM

@armageddondoll I like this idea I don't use the shop too much but I think if I every started to use it more often this would help me with my stock and I see how it could help the sellers with large stocks. It would more than likely help the buyer too by getting the product on the market more often great idea!!!

Cis Female
620 posts

armageddondoll • 21 March 2019 at 4:59 PM

@smithbob6 I'm glad you like the idea! I imagine it would be really beneficial to the really big shops, given they have SO much stock!

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 21 March 2019 at 6:01 PM

@armageddondoll
I've always wanted to know who bought what, so I know what to restock! 😃 However, doing this would mean more load on the site, which might cause some lag D:

Other than that, I'd love this, as well as the option to search by item type (like travels, books, bakery etc) in your strongroom 😃