Functions that Could be Added

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Which idea do you think is better?

Male
42 posts

bgamer • 7 February 2019 at 12:05 AM

I find that some things would be easier to accomplish if there were more functions in play to do some of the dirty work for us but of course not all. Some of these functions might include things like example: a feature for every auction where you can pin it or star the auction so that you can easily view the same auction later if you want to close out of it. A second example: may include a feed all feature which could be useful for quickly feeding friends creatures or your own and your side accounts. The side accounts would work is that they would have to befriend the user you are feeding them from. *side note* Any of the previous ideas can be voted on in the topic poll above please enter your vote now on which of them you like better you like them both or neither those are options as well. *side note* any player can make a post on this forum for another idea for a function that may be useful to all of the users on Eggcave.
Pings: @sunshineunicorn @pretzel @stevepat2002 @jlya @iia @arty10 @prairie @bgamer2 @bubbythegoat @trash_cove @monsterprincess33

Female
146 posts

sunshineunicorn • 7 February 2019 at 8:48 AM

acutally i was thinking of a feed all button and how nice that would be. and i love the auction thing!

Other
1,553 posts

rabbitwanter • 7 February 2019 at 10:59 AM

i like the auction idea a lot ❤️ 😊
but, i feel like a feed-all button would take away from the feeding experience. i think that all the clicking and feeding is part of The Grind of eggcave

Female
146 posts

sunshineunicorn • 7 February 2019 at 11:01 AM

yea i thought that as well. i would like it but i think it kinda messes up the point.

Male
42 posts

bgamer • 7 February 2019 at 12:00 PM

That is what I said inflation would occur and decrease the value of EC and that is why it would only be allowed for your PERSONAL (which includes side accounts) and yes or no to friends but DEFINITLEY NOT to public feed all buttons.

Female
146 posts

sunshineunicorn • 7 February 2019 at 12:17 PM

that seems good

Male
42 posts

bgamer • 7 February 2019 at 12:19 PM

Literally this was in the pretext

Female
146 posts

sunshineunicorn • 7 February 2019 at 12:25 PM

didnt see it sorry

19 posts

bubbythegoat • 7 February 2019 at 5:28 PM

@bgamer
If there was a feed all button ec would be worth less because it would be so easy to get. But the auction thing is something I’ve considered posting about myself 😃

Male
42 posts

bgamer • 7 February 2019 at 5:44 PM

@bubbythegoat
Didn´t I already go over several key points in the reasons why and why not to use that particular function? Inflation is what causes a form of cash to have less value or more value than it had before which makes other things cost more or less perspectively. In this example, the value of EC would drop but to prevent this that is why you would only be able to feed friends (maybe less chance) but you should be able to do this with your own creatures.

Female
558 posts

telekinec • 7 February 2019 at 6:09 PM

@sunshineunicorn @rabbitwanter

I agree with y'all. I'm supremely opposite to your Feed all button @bcgamer. This takes away the grind and the whole point of the Egg Cave game of taking your time to take care of your pets. It's not just about inflation and/or the value of EC, it's about the GAME and the whole point of playing it.

And anyone could bypass what you're saying by just adding EVERYONE as a friend and then pressing the Feed all button. It really goes against what the point of this game is, which is feeding creatures to keep them alive and decide if you want to pay for real for a Leaf of Vaka and not constantly feed them.

Also, I think everybody is allowed to voice their opinion. You're entitled to your opinions, just as the rest are too. I think other people disagree because it destroys the point of the game.

That's all. Peace out!

Male
42 posts

bgamer • 7 February 2019 at 6:37 PM

@telekinec
The feed all button would not be an overall one single tap, you would still have to press the button anyways for every single friend on your friend list in order to collect all the possible EC and besides, I do not think that friending for a feed all but would be a very good idea that is why I do not actually feel the one for friends as a good idea, but however would it be better if you could feed your own creatures in a couple clicks? Not that you would feed all of the creatures on your friend lists but only on your own. That is what I favor more about this function.

Female
558 posts

telekinec • 7 February 2019 at 6:45 PM

@bgamer

You'd still have to press the button to feed all your creatures vs the real grind of the current game of feeding all of your creatures one by one. Sure it'd be faster, but at the same time, the whole point of the game is to take the time to care for your creature or to pay real money to have the Leaf of Vaka take care of it so you can feed and help other people.

Yeah sure it'd be way easier, but at the same time you'd be destroying the point of the game by having an easy way out. In a way, the game teaches responsiblity for younger ones and even for the older players. In real life, when you gotta take care of your dog, cat or whichever other creature, there isn't one single click button to take care of it. Also, for example, in Neopets, another browser take-care-of-your-pet kind of game, you have way more things to take care of than here on Egg Cave. They never had a singe press button for taking care of everything. This is why it should stay the same for Egg Cave. Either you have a small cove and it's easier and less time consuming to feed or you have a larger cove filled with wonderful creatures, but it's longer to feed and more time-consuming.

I still think the EC value is fine they way it is now and I like that people have to work for it to gain their EC. That way, you can't spend it any way you like.

19 posts

bubbythegoat • 7 February 2019 at 7:26 PM

@bgamer
Ohhhhh, I didn't catch on to that. Oops! XD
If you want any major changes done i think you should address it personally in a ticket.

Male
42 posts

bgamer • 7 February 2019 at 7:54 PM

@telekinec @bubbythegoat
Yes, I agree that the EC value is fine the way it is but I find though this may teach valuable lessons to younger players, they would still be able to accomplish the goal that you speak of @telekinec and another thing, though EC value is fine the way it is if everyone was able to feed their own creatures quickly there would be more time for them to help out their friends in feeding their creatures as well. @bubbythegoat I would disagree on making a ticket to ask about this since this forum I created I intended for users to collaborate and share ideas and decide which of the ideas brought forward may be the best and that may help to make Egg Cave a better place in all. If you like this forum then try my new forum called ¨Can you solve Einstein´s Riddle?¨

19 posts

bubbythegoat • 7 February 2019 at 10:23 PM

Well yeah it depends on how much publicity you want for your ideas.
@bgamer

Male
42 posts

bgamer • 7 February 2019 at 11:05 PM

@bubbythegoat
I do not care about the publicity of my forums though any opinions or ideas from others would be useful on this forum as functions that could help to make Egg Cave an altogether better game and whether it is a good idea or bad idea conversation over the quality of any idea is to be expected.

Female
558 posts

telekinec • 8 February 2019 at 7:43 AM

@bgamer

I've been here for awhile. I've had to grind my way to get to my goals and most of 'em or not even completed yet. I think that this is part of the game. You have to grind, to work, and take responsability for what you do to get to your goals, just like in real life. Why should younger players have it easier when older ones have had to grind ever since the game was created? You all have to tale the same path as us, this is the beauty of the game and of taking care of your creatures.

Anyways. I don't agree with your Feed all button and I don't think I ever will. As for your Auction, this good be a great idea, but needs to be expored a bit further.

Have a great day.

Female
3,795 posts

sparklefox • 8 February 2019 at 8:03 AM

@bgamer - I think a "Feed All" button could work if you were only able to feed your own creatures with it, just like what you were saying. If you were to feed another person's creatures, you'd still need to manually feed them. That would include the coves of friends.

Perhaps the button would give you less EC than manually feeding them, thus still giving you a reason to feed them one by one instead? I used to support the idea of this kind of button back when I had a much slower computer / slightly slower internet, so it could also help people who are put off feeding their coves due to those reasons. I'm still a little neutral on this idea, though.

Male
42 posts

bgamer • 8 February 2019 at 9:08 AM

@spaklefox
I like your idea of making it less valuable than you would have if fed manually, I was also thinking of something where there would be a time limit or other restrictions for a few minutes or so to those who use this button. I would like to collaborate with you to figure out any other ideas for this function if you would.

@telekicnec
As for I believe that it would be beneficial in most ways and disappointing in others with the use of the functions on this forum it could be a better way to play egg cave and might actually help the younger ones learn responsibility, they can either or stuff possibly face penalties (even a couple minutes) rrfor doing one or the other if it really was beneficially for the younger who play this game they would be bored out of their minds feeding over and over and over again and I dought that many of those who you speak of would have enough CC to purchase a Leaf of Vaka and if they wanted a leaf of VAka then it would take them a long time for them to finally achieve their goal of EC to have enough to buy CC due to costs you would have to pay to keep creatures happy over and over and over day after day would they try to no avail inching closer at a slow rate and decreasing slower but still enough to discourage them. If this way it is really beneficial for young ones, then why would they do it? Even if it was not beneficial to them, I dought many kids would like to do anything related to HOURS upon HOURS of cold hard work by clicking back and forth WASTING their LIVES AWAY. Now do you see my point of view or do you still think that any kid would want to do such a mindless thing, back forth, back forth, back forth, back forth, back forth, back forth, back forth, back forth, back forth, back forth, back forth, back forth, back forth, back forth, back forth, back forth, back forth, back forth, back forth, back forth, back forth, back forth, back forth, back forth, back forth, back forth, back forth, back forth, back forth, back forth, back forth, back forth, with not even getting anywhere close to their answer. You @telekinec should understand this.