anarchy • 2 February 2019 at 6:50 AM

┌ - - - - - - - - - - - - ❀❀❀ - - ┐
The Kamura
[japanese for antelope “kama” + “sakura”]
└ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ┘

Concept Art
https://i.imgur.com/IeKa0kq.jpg

Notes
So the basic idea behind this creature suggestion is a deer/antelope fused together with a symbiotic cherry blossom tree growing on its body. The cherry blossom flowers on their body are actual physical flowers, not just markings. Their front legs, horns and tails are all made of cherry blossom bark.

About the Egg
The exquisite scent of the Kamura egg is extremely popular among tastemakers of Ark, with many perfumers and flavorists attempting to recreate it. The flowers are often harvested with no loss to the creature due to its ability to easily grow back, however it is virtually impossible to remove the branches from which the flowers grow from.

About the Creature
The Kamura is a serene forest-dwelling creature that thrives during springtime, leaving drifts of fallen petals on the hillsides around them. Although the flowers that adorn its hide resemble that of the cherry blossom, genetic research to determine its true species has proven inconclusive, leading many to believe it is a new species altogether exclusive to this creature. The Kamura and its flowers have a symbiotic relationship, with fluids in the creature's bloodstream providing nutrients to the flowers and vice versa.

The front legs of the Kamura have incredible regenerating properties. Young Kamuras often break their legs due to how brittle they are, though they are able to grow them back in a matter of days. This doesn't appear to cause any pain or distress to the creature. The restorative process is fairly fast for young and adolescent members of the species, though it can take a few months for an older Kamura to fully grown its legs back when broken. Research is currently being conducted to see if the Kamura’s regenerative powers can be used to further advancements in the medical and biological fields.

In the past, the Kamura was associated with nobility, with ownership of the creature as a pet being exclusive to those with royal blood, wealth, or power. The popularity of the creature has persisted throughout the centuries thanks to its serene nature and the vibrant displays of flower blossoms on its branches. While sightings of Kamura in the wild are fairly prevalent during the springtime, it is incredibly rare to see one during the rest of the year. Scientists speculate this is because they hibernate or go into hiding when their flowers aren't in bloom.

Feel free to come at me with love, hate, or whatever. I'm totally open to feedback and appreciate honesty.

Thanks for viewing ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

#creaturesuggestion #kamura

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 2 February 2019 at 7:55 PM

@anarchy
I really love this. x3 ❤️
It reminds me of an onabi, but more cherry blossom-esque. 😃 (Distant relative perhaps?)
I feel like the last stage's leg branches could come up a dit and branch up off the shoulders above the back. 😱 It'd make it look more tree-like and give a wing-like feel to it as well. 😊

Female
155 posts

cuty • 3 February 2019 at 1:46 PM

@anarchy love it!

Female
574 posts

iia • 3 February 2019 at 2:05 PM

@anarchy
It’s so amazing! I love the colors! The mix between a tree and deer is unique but accually makes a lot of sense! ❤️

Other
1,553 posts

rabbitwanter • 3 February 2019 at 3:17 PM

i love it ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ concept and design are sooo cute ❤️

1,022 posts

anarchy • 4 February 2019 at 3:11 AM

@prairie

Thank you! I really appreciate your notes ❤️ Having the branches come up and form a tree sounds like a really cool idea actually, I'll try to see if I can incorporate that into the final stage 😃

@cuty @iia @rabbitwanter

Thank you ❤️ I'm really glad you guys like it 😊

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 4 February 2019 at 4:18 AM

@anarchy
i like it! it looks pretty similar to the onabi but equally adorable~ love the pink/purple colour ❤️

1,022 posts

anarchy • 4 February 2019 at 8:06 AM

@wild_wonders

Thank you ❤️ Yeah I definitely get the similarity, though I hope it's still unique enough to stand on its own.

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 4 February 2019 at 8:09 AM

@anarchy
Yea it definitely is!! The baby stage is so unique and precious ❤️ ❤️ it's my favourite stage 😸 Best of luck!

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 5 February 2019 at 3:28 PM

@anarchy LOOOOOOVVVVEEEE!!!! So cute!!!

1,022 posts

anarchy • 6 February 2019 at 3:04 AM

@qerrats Glad you like it ❤️

Female
2,514 posts

dragrawr • 7 February 2019 at 11:41 PM

ahhh ❤️ so cute

171 posts

mirime • 8 February 2019 at 5:25 PM

I really like the idea!

1,022 posts

anarchy • 11 February 2019 at 6:20 PM

@dragrawr @mirime

Thank you both ❤️

171 posts

mirime • 11 February 2019 at 8:34 PM

I hope to see it soon in the archives! @anarchy

Female
391 posts

redflipflap • 13 February 2019 at 6:22 PM

The child stage is so precious!

Female
893 posts

murfijs • 15 February 2019 at 11:21 AM

its soo cool! i hope it gets made 😃

1,022 posts

anarchy • 16 February 2019 at 11:41 PM

@redflipflap @murfijs

Thanks for the support ❤️

Female
59 posts

superunloved • 17 February 2019 at 11:50 AM

aww wow love this love the cherry blossoms

1,022 posts

anarchy • 20 February 2019 at 2:23 AM

@superunloved

Aw glad you like it ❤️

1,628 posts

icecloud101 • 20 February 2019 at 9:43 AM

@anarchy
pretty good! 😊
like the color combo
i can clearly see the description matched the critter design
(looks a tad bit like an onabi)

Female
86 posts

ryepuff • 22 February 2019 at 5:14 PM

OK, I really really want one of these. that’s so gosh darn cute

1,022 posts

anarchy • 8 April 2019 at 8:59 PM

^ Thank you both ❤️

Giving this a little bump just in case for May x3

Female
169 posts

nightslayer300 • 27 October 2020 at 2:00 PM

Perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Female
408 posts

izziedragon • 28 October 2020 at 5:09 PM

Cuuuuute

87 posts

structuresfromsilence • 24 March 2022 at 10:20 PM

@anarchy I like this design 😸 I wish the last two stages were a bit cuter (bigger head/bigger eyes), but the concept is great and the baby stage is precious ❤️

Female
97 posts

amberwater • 30 March 2022 at 7:28 AM

@anarchy Love le design! Tbh I was actually planning a sakura creature myself(A fox one, and looks completely different so no worries XD )

84 posts

quinoafuntime • 30 March 2022 at 12:11 PM

Agree with @structuresfromsilence that I would prefer the last two stages to be cuter, but I love the idea 😊

1,022 posts

anarchy • 22 January 2024 at 3:19 PM

thank you for the more recent comments/feedback, i don't think i ever got to see them ❤️

shamelessly bumping this for spring ^^ the art is a liiiiittle unpolished whew so maaaaybe i'll redo it eventually but i do still like the cherry blossom growing as a deer's legs symbiotic relationship idea

176 posts

noman15 • 26 January 2024 at 10:44 AM

Cool, a sakura antelope! You could even make it a relative of the onabi for eggcave lore.