CRW Discussion- Cryptids

in General

Female
2,538 posts

dragrawr • 16 January 2019 at 8:43 PM

Hello everyone! Here's a forum where you can post your creatures that have evolved, talk about the creatures, and guess on what is next! Do not create trades here, do that in Trades and Auctions.

CRW Cryptids!

Get goin'!

Female
785 posts

pretzel • 16 January 2019 at 8:49 PM

Oooh!~ Nice

Is it fine if a ping a few people?~

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 17 January 2019 at 12:43 AM

What's the Arkchie based off of? D: Cause I really like it!

Day 7 is going to be Loch Ness, isn't it....

Deleted • 17 January 2019 at 12:51 AM

@skyfall4 I really have it's going to be a cute Loch Ness monster! But.. judging by the previous CRW released and the word monster. It's not gonna be so cute anymore.

Other
1,553 posts

rabbitwanter • 17 January 2019 at 11:39 AM

does anyone have any evolved pets?? id love to see them before they disappear from the cave

Female
2,538 posts

dragrawr • 17 January 2019 at 1:43 PM

Evolved pets anyone?

@pretzel pings are fine! In fact...

sorry for the pings~
@dragonkeeper @elluwah @dionaea @piucca @chihiro_sang @karakia @tikimaki @byfelisa @lunacharm103 @spirit @gumiho710 @iv2

1,031 posts

anarchy • 18 January 2019 at 8:30 AM

The cave seems to love giving me Arkchie's and no Mothmen :S

Also Arkchie's are apparently loosely based on the Loch Ness so I don't think we're getting another one for Day 7. I'm personally hoping for a Wendigo creature with a deer skull.

Female
806 posts

aedia • 18 January 2019 at 9:40 AM

I look forward to seeing the evolutions too!

1,031 posts

anarchy • 18 January 2019 at 10:10 AM

FINALLY got a Mothman โค๏ธ

Female
580 posts

splashnose • 18 January 2019 at 11:36 PM

Is it possible to get male Dropallas? Because like, I have six and they're all females.

Female
5,406 posts

Orderedchaos • 18 January 2019 at 11:40 PM

@splashnose
Yes, you can get male Dropallas. You just seem to run into a weird string of luck with getting all females.

Female
2,538 posts

dragrawr • 19 January 2019 at 12:11 AM

How do we look at stages with that png thing ? link anyone?

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 19 January 2019 at 12:12 AM

3 in my 25 attempts! I'm finally getting some good drops!

I still need to find a Mothman, hopefully one will appear soon.

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 19 January 2019 at 12:17 AM

nice.

First stage needs 700 clicks, second needs 1500, looking what last stage needs..

edit: last needs.. a crazy 3250 clicks, phew!

Female
580 posts

splashnose • 19 January 2019 at 12:22 AM

@Orderedchaos
Ah yes, got one today.

Female
18 posts

rach • 19 January 2019 at 5:04 AM

This is kinda weird but when I first saw the name Arkchie it reminded me of Riverdale as one of the main characters is called Archie ๐Ÿ˜‹

Non-binary
7,220 posts

whispers • 20 January 2019 at 12:21 AM

I'd have to say I was a little disappointed in this years CRW. My favorite has to be the Doomwalker, but I'm not too big a fan of the others. Lets hope for a better CRW next year ^^;

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 20 January 2019 at 12:28 AM

I liked this years theme, and the cryptids that where picked. ๐Ÿ˜Š
When most people think 'cryptid' they think of the Loch ness monster, bigfoot, yeti, jersey devil, mothman, and chupacabra.
I recognized the Hoddel (hodag) and Doomwalker (night-crawler) cause at some point I was looking up cryptids for suggestion idea fuel. And Mothman I recognized because it's more famous.
But I really liked that they used less known cryptids as creatures. โค๏ธ Even if I didn't really favor many.

My fave from the release week was probably the hoddel, as I like the child stage. ๐Ÿ˜Š
Followed by Yarayaho (child), Dropella (last) and Mothman (last)

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 20 January 2019 at 1:54 AM

@dragrawr

I would say majority of the creatures on this site are cutesy. I found this a nice change as Halloween creatures are normally loved for being different.

@prairie
Iโ€™m happy with the lesser known ones because itโ€™s a good chance to learn more about these horrifying creatures! I still donโ€™t know which one I like the best because they are all really cool!

Female
535 posts

katrinwolf • 20 January 2019 at 2:33 AM

@dragrawr
So what if it's an adoption website? Can people want to adopt nothing but cute and pet-looking? I'd say that, throughout the year, the amount of cutesy pets is high enough for those who want it. We even got cute pets for Halloween - like Trick or whatever that wisp cat from this year was called. I personally don't like MOST of these - but hey, that's okay, I know there're people out there who want exactly that. And I'm okay with that because I know there will be something else that's more suited for me and other people with similar taste, and we will have fun picking names and backgrounds to compliment our weird creepy-crawlies. Something like we got this year.
So, can I understand why you're unhappy? Definitely. Been there, done that. Do you have the right to be? Definitely. But does this mean this was a bad CRW or that it should've been different? No. Just not for you - not this time. Good luck throughout the year, there're bound to be some more to your liking.

1,031 posts

anarchy • 20 January 2019 at 3:33 AM

Yeah I'll echo what the last few people have been saying. Cryptids, by nature, are meant to be unnerving and creepy, and I like how there's a varied mix of creatures so there's something for everyone. Not everything has to be cutesy, there's plenty of those on the site already. Personally I think the cryptids are a mixed bag, I for sure am keeping a Mothman and Dropalla in my cove, but at least the ones I don't like are still super unique and interesting looking. I would've loved a creepy deer-skull Wendigo creature but I understand their decision to go for lesser known cryptids.

All that said, I actually think some of the Cryptids ARE cutesy. Doomwalker 2, Mothman 2/3, Dropalla 2 anyone?

Female
167 posts

thaliel • 20 January 2019 at 7:45 AM

any hatched eggs yet?

1,628 posts

icecloud101 • 20 January 2019 at 8:17 AM

@playermocha345
i agree
the word "monster" probably means it wont be 100% all cute
but just try our luck then
i thhink its also loch ness, maybe it could be a crypdit from another religion or place?
idk

1,031 posts

anarchy • 20 January 2019 at 8:23 AM

I went through all the site blog comments to make a summary of what each cryptid is based off and their origins. Credits to everyone in the comments who helped identify each one!

Hoddel - based off the Hodag, a gruesome reptilian creature from Wisconsin
Dropalla - based off Drop Bears, a carnivorous form of koalas from Australian urban legends
Mothman - mix of the Mothman from West Virginia and the Owlman from Cornwall, UK
Arkchie - amalgamation of various sea monster cryptids, such as the Loch Ness Monster from Scotland
Yarayaho - based off the Yara-ma-yha-who, a frog-like man with red skin from Aboriginal Australian folklore
Doomwalker - based off the Fresno Nightcrawler, an alleged extraterrestrial sighted in California
Logaster - based off the Gumberoo, a massive bear-like creature from American lumberjack culture

Female
2,538 posts

dragrawr • 20 January 2019 at 1:22 PM

@black @katrinwolf It's not bad. I just wasnt expecting it i guess. I do love the first four tho. Just my opinion. I did like the evnt I always am grateful for every creature I just had a little suggestion. That's all. I'll delete the comment if it is that a problem. I'm just shouting my opinion and loads of other people seem to agree with me. It's not that im hating on the site whatsoever and quite nearly i dont care that they werent my favorite. Like i said its my opinion and I think the first four were better than the last 3. โค๏ธ ?thanks tho

Other
1,553 posts

rabbitwanter • 20 January 2019 at 1:57 PM

i wanted to shout out the artists that designed and drew the creatures!! the art is incredible as always, especially since there werent user-made creature suggestions to go off of โค๏ธ

Demiboy
2,368 posts

ethereality • 20 January 2019 at 2:13 PM

@black It's really interesting to learn about the origins/culture behind these cryptids and it makes me appreciate them alot more. I honestly love the Yarayaho, I'm not sure why. I also started to like Doomwalker (who would've guessed!) even though I initially thought it was repulsive.

Female
535 posts

katrinwolf • 20 January 2019 at 2:23 PM

@dragrawr There's no need to delete anything whatsoever! After all, that's what a discussion is - people agree, people disagree, people have different opinions about the matter, people have opinions about other opinions. Nothing wrong with that ๐Ÿ˜Š

1,031 posts

anarchy • 20 January 2019 at 3:43 PM

@dragrawr I wasn't trying to attack you nor do I think there was any problem with what you originally posted. I was just sharing my opinion like you were ๐Ÿ˜Š

Female
2,538 posts

dragrawr • 20 January 2019 at 6:50 PM

@katrinwolf @black I wasnt trying to be rude either ^v^' sorry guys.