☆ EggCave Fanart ☆

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

How is it? (Multiple answers allowed.)

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 21 December 2018 at 12:58 AM

Hi everyone!

I decided to make some EggCave fanart because I don’t think that there’s enough ❤️ so here’s a digital drawing of a Leoaquar I made, since they seem to be really popular:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bro13suHMxa/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=11zdexe6rxvo

(And plis follow me I have like no followers x’D rip)

Tbh, I’m still looking for a heckin lotta critique more than other types of comments! Even if you’re not an artist and you see something off, please feel free to lmk 😊 this took maybe 3-4 hours ouch

And if you want, please feel free to give tips/critique on the rest of the drawings on my ig account ❤️ (I don’t need help on the warriors cats art though, and that’s not really art anyway 😋)

Pings: (sorry if you don’t want to be pinged):
@prairie
@sackname
@skyfall4
@yoghurt

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 21 December 2018 at 1:15 AM

@wigglytuff

I really love the shading and colors. 😃 ❤️ The eye is gorgeous. 😸
And I love the BG you gave it. 😊

As far as critique, I'd definitely say the wing (left wing) is off as far as anatomy/position go. 😱
IDK if the leoaquar is in a sitting or standing looking over the shoulder position, but the way the left wing is positioned, it kinda looks like a feathered wing fin jutting out of it's side at a weird angle. 😋
For me, the easiest way to draw wings it to think of your arm and hand as a wing. Overall, its kinda the same general bone structure, but with wings. 😱
(This pic sums it up good: https://imgur.com/kJr4Wuz)
Though I really love the detail you got on the feathers. 😸 ❤️

On fur, I think it worked really good on the back with the shading you have, but on the face, it could use some work; as the grey fur is so similar in tones, that it almost comes out as a solid shape. Some shadows under the chin, slight shadows around the eye (to emphasize on head shape) would also help as well. 😊

BTW: out of curiosity, what program is this?? 😱

Female
192 posts

vanley • 21 December 2018 at 1:16 AM

@wigglytuff

That's so pretty, I'll definitely follow ❤️

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 21 December 2018 at 1:16 AM

@wigglytuff
Hey I followed your insta with my art account! 😸 I honestly haven’t posted for so long x3

It’s a really nice drawing! 😃 I don’t digital art, as I’ve got no platforms, but I still art! XD The eyes are beautiful, and the fur/feathers are well done. The background is also suiting! I do recommend more shading on its head and feathers though. You’ve added good dimension to the body, and it makes the head a little flat. Some shading behind the neck would balance it out, as well as behind the ears and along the bottom of its jaw.

The feathers are nicely done! I can see each individual feather. I do recommend blending different shades of purple, as the single shade of color is kind of bland. Try using different purpled in each row of feathers to make them stand out more, and keep the shading thickness the same but darkening it a little bit.

It’s very good though! I’ve never worked with digital art, and I’d like to see what would happen if I ever try ;-; one day I will xD

Female
316 posts

sackname • 21 December 2018 at 4:29 AM

@wigglytuff

OMG you're so good !! I love the color blend !! 😃

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 21 December 2018 at 9:57 AM

@prairie @vanley @skyfall4 @sackname

Thanks so much for all the commments and critique ;-; ❤️ ❤️ I'll definitely work on it 😸

Edit: this is medibang paint pro 😊

2,251 posts

yts • 21 December 2018 at 10:47 AM

this is actually very nice 😊
If your intent was flat colour it's very nice!

Deleted • 1 January 2019 at 2:57 PM

@wigglytuff Ooh, the Leoaquar is super gorgeous!! ❤️ 😸

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 1 January 2019 at 9:26 PM

@yts thank you! Every time I try shading with painting, I usually go a little overboard with blending and it doesn't look very shaded 😋

@achimenes thank you!

Female
4,622 posts

mastergemma • 2 January 2019 at 12:36 AM

@wigglytuff

It looks really good! I love how you drew the eyes, I'm taking notes! The ears look really nice and so does the bottom wing. The top wing doesn't have the same amount of definition, especially around the middle section. The shading on the lower part of the face does look really good.

For that to only be 3-4 hours that is really good. You do have talent!

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 2 January 2019 at 12:37 AM

@mastergemma omg I got noticed by a mod :’)

But thank you so much ❤️ ;-; And I’ll work on my anatomy!😋 xD

Female
343 posts

foxbit • 2 January 2019 at 2:48 PM

@wigglytuff Very well done! I love the face, it looks adorable! It needs to be more furry, though. I'm not good at lineless art myself, I admire those who have the patience to do it haha xD
EDIT: Followed!

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 2 January 2019 at 2:51 PM

@foxbit thanks so much! I get impatient a lot, also lol 😋

Non-binary
1,088 posts

moonweaver • 2 January 2019 at 4:43 PM

@wigglytuff

I love the eyes! So pretty! ❤️

You should do a Nyacos or Pekva next 😸

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 2 January 2019 at 5:41 PM

@moonweaver thank you! But i think I'm gonna lay off on doing lineless paintings for a while xD