Newbie unsure of how to get high value pets

in Help & Questions

How did you get your first high value pet?

Female
2 posts

riptidegreywolf • 19 November 2018 at 4:42 PM

Hi! I joined a little while ago, and have all the common cave pets. There's tons of cute retired and higher value pets I'd like, and I've accumulated lots of bulk cave pets to trade with. I can't find anyone who'll trade me a cool pet for bulk cave pets. They all want my noctiandy, which I really like and wanna keep. Any advice from seasoned players on how to start getting the pets I want?

Non-binary
1,218 posts

degong • 19 November 2018 at 6:13 PM

@riptidegreywolf
Hello! 😊 First of all, welcome to the site! I hope you decide to stay. ^^ Second, I'd like to inform you about some things.

1. Cave commons are usually not traded in return for a retired creature. In fact, trading commons might even be seen as an aversion as they often 'clog up' coves. A collector/hoarder, however, might trade a retired creature for multiple of the same creature (e.g. trading ten Honks for a Dalahart).
2. Keep your Noctiandy! 😊 Just label it 'NFT' (not for trade) or 'NUFT' (never up for trade). Once you make that distinction on either its profile or yours, you probably won't be asked about it (though some players may try to scam you as you're new).

Now! For suggestions. 😊

1. Hoard monthlies! Monthlies, if you aren't aware, are creatures that become available at the beginning of the month and retire at the end. (Examples: Dalahart, Coarach) After they retire and some time passes, their value will increase and they can be used to trade for higher valued creatures.

(Side note: while it's possible, usually you won't be trading them directly. Instead, sell them for EC or CC, and use that currency to trade for higher valued creatures).

2. Collect EC and CC. EC is the free currency that can be gained through trading, selling items, and feeding. I'm sure you already know this. CC is the currency that costs rl money, but is valued at a much higher level (the typical ratio is 10,000 EC for 1 CC). EC can be exchanged for CC, and CC can be used to buy CSP (cash shop creature) and older, retired creatures.

(Side note: If you manage to get your hands on 500 CC (5 mil EC), buy a relatively popular CSP, and wait a couple of months (perhaps a year), you could potentially earn back 200% or more.)

---<>---

TL;DR: Hoard monthlies, grab deals when you can, and wait for values to increase.

(This might be a lot, haha, so you don't have to read all of it. Just ask me specific questions, if you'd like. 😊)

Female
1,725 posts

minnie298a • 20 November 2018 at 12:56 AM

@riptidegreywolf

In addition to the above advice, look into the Quest feature as well. It's only relativity new, but basically by turning in items you get tokens, which in turn you can cash in for a random creature from set pools. It's allowing old, retired cave creatures to return, making them slightly easier and cheaper to obtain.

There are 2 ways you can use it to get the available creatures, if your willing to put in the effort. Either do the quests and cash in the tokens yourself (then keep, sell or trade the results), or use the re-release as an opportunity to buy or trade for some creatures at a reduced rate. Either way start looking into what items are required, so you can stock them from the shops to either use yourself or sell to others.

This month the cave monthlies are the Omap and Stegga. They retire at 11.59pm ECT on the 30th. Generally creatures stolen on their release date (so the 1st for monthlies) are worth a little more to some players.

Also check the origin of the creatures your after. I didn't look to far into your wish list, but for example the Ami is seasonal. This means it returns for a short period every year, in the Ami's case it's in the prize shop for the Valentines Day event. Not only could you earn your own participating in the event, but 2019 creatures should be more readily available. The Asteran is currently available in the vend machine.

Unless you are willing to spend a lot of real life money, prepare for a long game to get what you want. It won't be easy, but it shouldn't be entirely impossible.