What Gobblers Look Like This Year

in General

Female
2,022 posts

budgie • 1 November 2018 at 11:35 AM

https://imgur.com/a/HY30oN3 This is what a Gobbler will look like, they're were much easier to find years prior, but I guess with the upped stakes they needed to make this a bit more challenging ^^"

edit: My current strategy, with two monitors, is to have a movie/podcast/etc play on one, and refresh the thief shop on the other. The thief shop is a small page, so you can see it all without needing to scroll.

Male
326 posts

seraph • 1 November 2018 at 1:11 PM

I was here thinking it would be a fun event... not with almost-impossible-to-see stuff or anything like that

Female
32 posts

packagesk • 1 November 2018 at 3:52 PM

wow...I guess it's because they're giving CC to the top 100 this year, and that explains why I can't find any, thought it was just bad luck

Female
2,691 posts

jlya • 1 November 2018 at 6:03 PM

I thought it would be more like the Easter Egg Hunt, but it's much harder! It probably is due to the fact that there's CC on the line, though.

Deleted • 1 November 2018 at 6:15 PM

So faint? I probably missed 50 of them!

1,628 posts

icecloud101 • 1 November 2018 at 7:00 PM

wow
me too
cry
i only found 2
oWo

Female
437 posts

magicaltomato3 • 2 November 2018 at 12:12 AM

They're so faint I usually click away and then catch a glimpse of them before my page changes. I've missed like 30

8 posts

hauntedrose44 • 2 November 2018 at 12:25 AM

This event is hard.
I've seen people who've already caught over 100 and i don't know how.
even with CC on the line I think that there should be a fair chance for people to do the event.
maybe it is fair and I just don't know but
still
it's not fun if we can't see the gobblers.

3,057 posts

jirachiwishmaker • 2 November 2018 at 1:01 AM

Honestly, I find the easter egg event much harder to do because it's nearly impossible to see the egg, the key to finding the gobblers scan the whole page while you're scrolling look everywhere. I found alot of them on the right side of the page that's below the facebook and twitter ads, it's hiding there because you'll not to think of looking there, but the gobbler has blue feathers, if you look in that area quickly you'll see him even if he hides in that area very well. If you spend your time only looking at the top of the page you'll miss him, like I said bottom right side, Also, you do have to look in all places on this site, shops, blog, inventory, archives, trades, forum,your own cove, and everywhere in between. Anyways, that right side of the page is key to finding him alot of the times, but you do have to scroll down to see his blue feathers showing. Also, if you missed him and thought you saw him press the back button he will still be on the page, and you will see him.

Female
40 posts

secrety • 2 November 2018 at 12:14 PM

I'm not having any luck with this event. Maybe I'm unlucky. XD

Male
5 posts

mastermewtwo2 • 2 November 2018 at 1:35 PM

With people that got over 1,000 Gobblers, I doubt I stand a chance anymore (unless the bottom of the top 100 are extremely low by the end of the event). Though I'm able to see the Gobblers good enough, but being paranoid about trying to see one might make you see something that isn't there.

Female
60 posts

darkskyazray • 5 November 2018 at 4:35 PM

After hunting for a few days now I feel I should say something as well.

1. Yes, the event is much harder, the Gobblers are hard to see and to me it is more annoying than fun to hunt them this way.
I liked them the last years much more.

2. To get Gobblers very fast:
Open up the Thief Shop Site in multiple pages, because this is a site you can see completely without scrolling down. The Myst. Asteroid would work as well.
Then skip the pages via Tab and CTRL. The page will skip to the next one and if you only look into one spot and there's a Gobbler you can see the difference in the site from the corner of your eye.
I prefer to look first in the left, then in the middle and then to the right if I 'tab' through the pages.
Also, if there's a Gobbler a little bit more down on the site you can see the scroll bar on the right change.
After finding a Gobbler (or when there is no Gobbler), reload all pages. There's a function in your browser to reload all the pages at once. After they reloaded you can 'tab' again through them and look if there's a Gobbler. In this way you can find a large number in a short time.

However I have to say that it's faaar away from 'fun-hunting' and that this way shouldn't be the main purpose of this event. I really don't like doing it this way.
I think some event changes to see the Gobblers faster are needed.

Transgender Male
6 posts

lee993 • 6 November 2018 at 11:48 AM

I also do Chicken Smoothie, which does similar contests, which I tend to enjoy, however, I have a partially lazy eye and have a super hard time even seeing the gobblers, if I happen to find one, which is so much more difficult than I expected. I've kind of lost interest at this point, it's too difficult and frustrating to be worth the prize

Non-binary
2,819 posts

lunacharm1037 • 6 November 2018 at 4:13 PM

it is extremely hard to see the gobblers this year. I have missed about 25 so far that I even noticed. They should be lass transparent, make it fair to everyone. I fed one by one many coves.

Female
2,022 posts

budgie • 6 November 2018 at 4:22 PM

@lunacharm1037 If you miss one while loading a new page, you're allowed to go back and catch it

Non-binary
2,819 posts

lunacharm1037 • 6 November 2018 at 4:27 PM

@budgie, I tried that a few times but it was always gone.

Female
2,691 posts

jlya • 16 November 2018 at 2:58 PM

@Budgie you're allowed to do that? I never thought of that! XD 😋 Thanks, you've saved me 5 Gobblers already!