Hello! First time here and ready to make all the noob mistakes!

in Welcomes & Introductions

Male
105 posts

storm-sage • 16 October 2018 at 7:16 AM

Just wanted to say hello, I discovered this place when I saw people on other forum sites with their pet in their signatures and such and I loved the art styles so it interested me. I love the idea of having people click on the pet to feed/grow it as it really engages people and draws them in from other sites instead of it all be contained on this site.

As I am with all new games I'm ready to make mistakes and learn from them head on and that's already apparent with me using all my EC to buy rare items for my shop that may not sell, but I'll learn about the economy in this game over time. I've been spending most of my time looking up new pets I hope to acquire in the future and I cant wait to see my them grow.

I look forward to hanging out with all of you!

Male
2,762 posts

fakeworld • 16 October 2018 at 7:45 AM

@storm-sage
Hello, welcome! 😃

Starting out I made a lot of mistakes, like way too many, it's embarrassing thinking about them now lol. If you need help, have any questions, etc. feel free to shoot me a message or post on my wall.

I'm about to go check out your shop, I might purchase a few things.

Male
105 posts

storm-sage • 16 October 2018 at 8:05 AM

@fakeworld

Thank you! 😊

Any tips/tricks I should be aware of?

And thank you so much for checking out the shop! I think you cleared me out lol.
I'm not exactly sure if rarity equals demands though
as i saw some r99 with multiple listed for sale in other shops
while some r91 were nowhere to be seen,

whats your opinion on what people are mostly looking for?

and what would be considered a fair price for items if there are no other sellers to reference?
for example I buy something for 1,000 EC thats r98 and nobody has it listed,
do I place it at 2,000EC which is double
or 5,000-10,000 since im the only one or more since its rare
and im the only one they could get it from?

are items just used for collections/adding to pets?
I haven't tried quests but apparently you need to collect some items which I assume would be why people also look for items?

So how would I know what sells and what won't between toys/food/books/ect.?

Sorry for all the questions!
No worries if you dont have specific answers
I always find it fun figuring this stuff out anyway! 😊

Female
3,795 posts

sparklefox • 16 October 2018 at 12:12 PM

@storm-sage - Welcome to Egg Cave! I'm not going to post my usual welcome message since you already seem to know all of the basics. I can still help if you're stuck with anything, though.

Don't worry about making mistakes. I joined this place at a pretty young age and I was a very dumb child. I made so many stupid mistakes - for example, I filled my entire cove pretty quickly with all of the available commons back then... right up to the maximum amount (which was 100 back then, which probably wouldn't be considered a huge cove now).

I don't really think rarity equals demand. It's more like "popular items", which are usually older travels like FairyWorld and Sunset of a Heart, and (right now, because of a certain prizepool in the Quests) books and toys. These are the things that people are usually looking for right now.

A fair price would probably be just above the item's price in the NPC shops, unless the item was pretty expensive. Keeping it under 6,000 EC seems to make your items sell out quickly, especially if you're stocking up on items that are in demand right now, so there's another little tip.

Outside of Quests, items are indeed mainly just for adding to a pet's collection, or giving them a background if you use a travel. They also raise happiness (except for travels), though.

In Quests, you need to collect the items that are requested by a character. Different characters / areas request different types of items, and it should be a little obvious at first glance who requests what.

Right now, you can tell what would sell by looking at the prizepools in the Quests. The rarer creatures would be what people would want the most. Right now, the Halloween creatures from quite a few years ago are what everyone is trying to get, and they require a whole ton of tokens from the books and toys ones, so that's what will easily sell right now.

Sorry if none of this makes sense and if I haven't really told you everything. I have an annoying cold right now and it's making my head a little messed up. ;p

Male
105 posts

storm-sage • 16 October 2018 at 12:34 PM

@sparklefox

Thank you so much this is excellent info!
I hope you feel better I know colds are the worst especially around winter.
I'm currently having fun setting up a better storefront text.
I think it might be a while before I can start consistently completing quests
but I'm glad there is a way to get retired pets
so there's always a chance I can get something I missed.

I'm sure I'll have more questions about auctions and trades l
but I still wont have access to that for another day or two
Thank you again!