[December]/[Christmas] Creation Suggestion: Muffette

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

What do you think about the Muffette?

Female
8 posts

duskysoulz • 2 October 2018 at 6:08 AM

Heya! I know that I'm fairly new here, but I really wanted to try having my designs as an official creature! This was honestly pretty rushed, because I just so happened to have my first exam today- ^^; Either way, I think I'll post more designs over time!

Warning though, it mightttttt be a bit dark- -._-.
Or at least dark for a Christmas creature---

Design:
https://www.deviantart.com/duskysoulz/art/Eggcave-Muffette-766486306?ga_submit_new=10%3A1538473247

About Muffette Eggs:

Even though the egg looks similar to the creature, it is simply an egg plush with stuffing inside! As the 'egg' shrivels over time, it gradually takes a shape of a Muffette and facial features and legs will appear after the next few days. After that, the Muffette will begin moving, claiming what used to be the outer shell of the egg as it's body, which raises a few questions by several Ark residents.

The scarf wrapped around is actually its arms, controlled by telekinesis. If the scarf is removed from the egg, it will not be able to hatch. It also requires warmth, thus the creator would usually place the egg in any socks found hanging during Christmas, in hopes that the owner will take care of it until it's ready to leave.

About Muffette:

The Muffette is well known in a children's story, which features an old sick man. It starts off with the old man catching a terrible disease. Over time, he got more weak and weak, till the point when his own family stopped visiting him, believing that he could never recover at this rate. On the morning of Christmas, a spirit visited his bed, and accompanied him. During the time spent during Christmas Eve, the old man didn't feel so lonely with the creature accompanying him and shared his feelings about how upset he was that he could not spend the day with his family. And he kept sharing his stories, until midnight, when he took his last breath. From that moment, the spirit made a pact, to always bring happiness to the lonely and sick people on Christmas, thus that was how the Muffette came to be.

Although it's only a children story, many citizens believe in it, especially when they see a Muffette on the day of Christmas Eve. On that particular day, it is not unusual to see one hopping to somewhere else, presumably to visit someone. There are stories shared by several citizens, where the Muffette would appear in front of someone as a sign that their beloved ones were hoping that they would come back to celebrate the holiday with them. For the people with complicated relationships, they would simply accompany the person in an attempt to cheer them up. After their job is done, they will create an egg plush with their blessings and place it in a sock, before falling to the ground, liveless. And the egg will hatch, do it's job, create a new Muffette and become a liveless toy, as the cycle repeats every year.

Thank ya for reading this, and I hope it will be an official creature one day! ;w;
If you have any advice or comments about the story or the description, I'm all ears!

Female
4,265 posts

izziebee1017 • 2 December 2018 at 3:45 PM

@duskysoulz
Congratulations! I love the Muffette!