Guess the Halloween Movie - it is happening again [closed]

in User Contests & Giveaways

Female
535 posts

katrinwolf • 1 October 2018 at 1:51 PM

It's this time of the year again... the time of soothing darkness, fuzzy blankets, hot tea and SCARY MOVIES! Last year's Guess the Movie contest seemed to be quite popular, so, as a proper beloved character, it makes its comeback. However, I have to say that, sadly, I probably won't be able to make this many lots, as it's even more difficult to get certain items now. BUT! To compensate for that, this time around, you can not only guess, but make your own guessing lots now! (and get something from it, hehe) Read "Creating Lots Rules" below for more info.

- So, what's it all about?
- In this topic, links to the trading lots will be posted. The items in the lot will all be connected to a certain movie or TV series, hinting at heroes, iconic scenes, movie's name and so on. If you can name the movie with these hints, you get the whole lot. Simple!

- Once again, how do these items work?
- Im many different and mysterious ways, you know. Some may be pretty literal - if there's a desert travel, the story probably unfolds in the desert, if there's a mask, someone was probably wearing it. Some may have been chosen for their looks - for example, if the book looks like a brain, it might mean a brain, or a round ball could be... anything that's also round and has a role in the plot 😃 Or maybe it's the item's name that's a hint to you. Say the travel's named The Upside Down - how many Eggo waffle substitutes will it take you to think of Stranger Things?

- What kind of movies/series can we expect?
- Basically, everything that has scary or creepy elements (can be downright horror, or creepy thriller, or unsettling sci-fi - anything!), or monsters in it (that means something like a comedy or a kids' cartoon can also qualify, if it stars some Halloween-type creatures). Beware, though, not all the flicks will be well-known!

GUESSING RULES:
1) Please only post your guesses here. This way, it's easy to say who had the right answer first.
2) Please ping the lot's creator when posting.
3) Please don't beg for hints. Small hints can and likely will happen - I myself often try to push the guessers in the right direction if they're completely stuck, otherwise the fun dies out - but it's up to the lot's creator only and you can't force them to do so.
4) The lots might be modified by their creators if new, more suitable items are found. You will be notified if this happens, but I just want you to know beforehand that that's a thing.

CREATING LOTS RULES:
Okay, this is new. If you like this contest and feel like you have a good idea, you can also participate in the fun! And, since you're helping to keep the spirit alive by doing so, for each lot you create you will get 10k EC and a random item from me. Interested? Then read the following rules:
1) The movie/TV series you have for guessing should contain creepy, scary elements or monsters. Just a reminder. No fluffy rom-coms here 😃
2) The items you put in the lot should be able to point the guesser to this exact movie. Easier said than done, I know, but it's no fun otherwise. For example, say all your hints together simply amount to "serial killer" - how many totally random guesses will it take? But if you top all your "serial killer" hints with a constellation travel, then the chance of someone shouting out "ZODIAC!" gets much higher.
3) Please, no less than three items in the lot. Even if you're such a genius that the one item you've chosen tells you everything you need to know about the movie.
4) Put a link to this topic and the "Guess the Movie Contest Lot" disclaimer in your trade description.
5) You can definitely modify your lot if you find some suitable item after creating it! But be sure to post a message about it here with a new link. Also, it's more of an etiquette thing, but it would be nice if you pinged the people who were making their guesses about this lot before it was modified.
6) Please. This is important. As a host of this contest, I need to make sure everything that's posted here is technically guessable. So I ask you, when you're posting a new lot, you PM me the name of the flick and a brief explanation of how this or that item helps identify it (I'm not participating in the guessing myself). I might offer you to modify your suggestion a bit or add a hint, but, honestly, I trust you all to have great ideas 😊
7) It's your choice whether to give small hints to people or not. Just saying it's allowed, as long as you don't favour one player over another or give away large chunks of information. (Saying "No, this movie came out long before the one you're naming did" is fine. Saying "No, mine is the one that has a two-letter name and the first one is I and there's also a clown" is not.)
8) Please look through the previous suggestions to make sure yours is no obvious duplicate. I will try and keep the list of all the guessed ones and the links to the unguessed ones on the first page, but well, I'm still human and might have a busy day. If there is a duplicate after all, I will ask the one who posted later to remove their entry. You won't get in trouble for it, don't worry. Just want this to be somewhat versatile, and not, like, 1000 Jaws and 1500 Jurassic Parks in a row 😃

Any questions left? Ask me. My English is broken and you can't understand some part of the text wall above? Ask me. You got tired reading this? Here's a cup of tea, now you're warm and awake.

Now, here goes my first one...
Number one! Aand... @thedarkarcher immediately wins one 😊
Number two!
Number three! OH NO, NOT @wolfkit!
Number four!
And one more!
Guest suggestions:
From thedarkarcher
From wolfkit
Let the Games begin! 😈

Guessed so far:
Dead Snow
The Wicker Man

Female
2,200 posts

thedarkarcher • 1 October 2018 at 2:01 PM

@katrinwolf yay its back!

dead snow?

Female
535 posts

katrinwolf • 1 October 2018 at 2:07 PM

@thedarkarcher WAT R U DOING
now I have to make something else ASAP XD
Yes, it is Dead Snow, probably my favourite zombie flick 😸

Female
2,200 posts

thedarkarcher • 1 October 2018 at 2:12 PM

@katrinwolf yay im good at this lol ❤ī¸

edit i have one for people to guess Trade #909547

Female
158 posts

applegranny • 1 October 2018 at 6:04 PM

The Shining
@katrinwolf
So glad you're doing this again, thanks!

Female
535 posts

katrinwolf • 2 October 2018 at 3:18 PM

@applegranny Welcome back! And no, not The Shining. Way more obscure... and way less scary 😃

Female
434 posts

wolfkit • 2 October 2018 at 8:18 PM

Trade #909671 hey I made a movie lot, here it is.

Non-binary
1,318 posts

raccoon • 2 October 2018 at 9:32 PM

@katrinwolf

Can scary/horror/halloween games be included? I can't think of any really good movie ones to make, but I have a few games in mind!

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 2 October 2018 at 11:06 PM

@katrinwolf
Jigsaw????

Female
535 posts

katrinwolf • 3 October 2018 at 11:42 AM

@prairie, nope, not Jigsaw 😊
@raccoon Sorry, this one's movies only ☚ī¸ But if you decide to make a similar topic for games, I'm in!
Edited the first post with user suggestions, and there's a new one from me as well!

Female
434 posts

wolfkit • 3 October 2018 at 2:12 PM

@katrinwolf for the third one "Cast away?"

Female
535 posts

katrinwolf • 3 October 2018 at 2:14 PM

@wolfkit No, not the one 😋

Female
434 posts

wolfkit • 3 October 2018 at 2:17 PM

@katrinwolf "the wicker man" ?

if not "HoneyBee"

Female
535 posts

katrinwolf • 3 October 2018 at 2:49 PM

@wolfkit Oh no, not the right answer! Aaaagh! Now I need to think of a new one!
Yes, I was thinking of Wicker Man 😊 Congrats!

Female
434 posts

wolfkit • 3 October 2018 at 2:59 PM

@thedarkarcher The St. Francisville Experiment?

Female
2,200 posts

thedarkarcher • 3 October 2018 at 5:37 PM

@wolfkit nope sorry 😋

Female
535 posts

katrinwolf • 8 October 2018 at 1:16 PM

Sorry everyone, it's been a while... but, truth be told, I'm too low on time, energy and items 😃
Here you go, another lot for now!

Female
442 posts

magicaltomato3 • 8 October 2018 at 7:06 PM

@katrinwolf Would #2 happen to be A Quiet Place? And #4 the Ruins??

Female
535 posts

katrinwolf • 17 October 2018 at 1:19 PM

I'm sorry for not being active with it lately. There were some... not quite fun things happening IRL. But it's okay now, and I'm adding a new movie for you to guess!
Now, what could this be... 😊

Female
55 posts

mrcaudle • 17 October 2018 at 3:22 PM

Is Number 4 the Thing from another world

Female
535 posts

katrinwolf • 17 October 2018 at 3:41 PM

@mrcaudle Nope for both, sadly!

Female
369 posts

beckah-lula • 26 October 2018 at 6:42 AM

@katrinwolf
Hiya can i take a guess at number two - is it crimson peak?

Female
535 posts

katrinwolf • 27 October 2018 at 5:33 AM

@beckah-lula Nope, sorry!
Okay, a few hints for my own lots:
Number two - it's a pretty old thing. Also, while it is a movie, there's something else based on it, that is possibly even more famous...
Number four - one thing in the lot describes an event which starts off the movie's story. Also I just realized that, depending on what version you think of, the Greenhouse might be relevant or irrelevant... keeping it since that's how it was in the novel.
"And one more" - well, unlike most stuff I post here, this one's new. Even though it has a feel of something made long ago... in a good way... okay, stop fangirling now XD

Female
149 posts

grimwood • 27 October 2018 at 11:13 AM

@katrinwolf
Is lot number two Dracula?

Female
535 posts

katrinwolf • 27 October 2018 at 12:49 PM

@grimwood Not quite... but it does have vampires in it!

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 27 October 2018 at 10:43 PM

@katrinwolf
is # The Little Shop of Horrors??? (cause I can't think of much else)

Female
535 posts

katrinwolf • 28 October 2018 at 9:30 AM

@prairie No, not Little Shop of Horrors!