Item Management

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
2,915 posts

mairbear • 15 September 2018 at 10:50 PM

Hello, I feel like I've been doing a lot more things with items ever since questing started (for those who aren't in the beta testing, you have to collect certain items to complete quests). And there's a few things I'd like to see in terms of moving items around which often feels a bit convoluted.

On any item's individual page, we have a dropdown with the following options:
1. Move to Strongroom
2. Move to Shop
3. Donate to Donations Center
4. Discard (Delete) Item

Can these options be available on all item-related pages? And can they apply to multiple items at once?

WHAT THAT WOULD MEAN

From your inventory, you can check off multiple items (as you currently are able to) and decide to do any of the 4 things with them.

From the strongroom, you'd be able to enter in quantities under individual items and then decide what to do with them ALL via this dropdown menu at the top / bottom of the page.

From your shop, let's first put in entry fields / drop downs allowing you to select multiple items (without opening a new mini window...) and then implement the same options.

ADVANTAGES

1. Being able to move multiple items from strongroom and shop.
2. Being able to skip the convoluted process of first moving items from strongroom to inventory to then put in your shop.
3. Similarily, being able to move items directlly from your shop back into strongroom.
4. CONVENIENCE (what can I say? I'm lazy xD)

DISADVANTAGES (?)

1. I personally don't see any, except it being a pain to code? Although can some copy-paste work be done because this drop down is already in individual item pages?
2. Perhaps people will accidently mass delete items, although this could be fixed with a pop up saying something like "You are about to DELETE / DONATE x items, ARE YOU SURE?"

Edit:

More suggestions from @lbowe_elbow! (All of which I agree with cause we need more functionality here ^^)
"Things I think are needed:
- The ability to use multiple items at once from your inventory

- The ability to sort your strongroom by item name
- The ability to sort your inventory
- The ability to sort your shop by item name and by current price
- The ability to see which items are retired in your shop "

And I'll add on: -ability to sort strongroom/shop by item type (i.e. books vs. bakery items vs. travels, vs. trinkets

Some pings to get discussion going? picking on people who show as online rn.. sorry xD
@rashka
@prairie
@lbowe_elbow
@mejary
@newlife
@achimenes
@inkpelt
@dusskfall

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 15 September 2018 at 10:51 PM

@mairbear

God please.

PLEASE

I hate going ONE BY ONE in my strongroom to send things to my inventory, then inventory to shop, oh and then going to my shop and if I need to remove items back to my inventory.. one. by. one.

I'm sick of it lol, why isn't there a multiple selector.

Female
1,422 posts

rashka • 15 September 2018 at 10:54 PM

@mairbear

that would be a really great idea! 😃

Female
1,186 posts

lbowe_elbow • 15 September 2018 at 10:56 PM

@mairbear
I agree. The interface for moving items around, sorting, pricing, etc needs to be updated. I have a shop with 390 items and honestly scrolling through and pricing every item is SUCH a pain, especially when I can’t sort the non-prices items to the top.

Things I think are needed:
- The ability to use multiple items at once from your inventory.
- The ability to move items out of the strong room more than 1 at a time without refreshing the page
- The ability to sort your atrongroom by item name
- The ability to sort your inventory
- The ability to sort your shop by item name and by current price
- The ability to see which items are retired in your shop
- The ability to remove more than one item from your shop at a time without refreshing the page (I just had to remove ALL items from my shop to check if they were retired and it took wayyyyy too long)

All these things would be easy to implement and would make the user interface on this site extremely better, especially with this new focus on items.

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 15 September 2018 at 10:58 PM

@mairbear

*SLAMS SIGNATURE ON PETITION*

I need this in my life.... NOW.
I cannot tell you how badly I need this. It is so incredibly PAINFUL to go through my storage and remove one item type quantity at a time, I miss the check boxes.

Female
737 posts

inkpelt • 15 September 2018 at 11:00 PM

@mairbear

This would be soon nice! Moving stuff from one place tho another right now is such a pain.

Female
2,915 posts

mairbear • 15 September 2018 at 11:11 PM

Yay glad to see agreement all around ^^ Feel free to ping more people so that opinions are heard and awareness is raised... should I ping some mods? o-o

@lbowe_elbow
YESSS to all your extra suggestions! I added them into the first post (took out the two about moving multiple items without refreshing the page since that's what what I originally suggested xD but all your items about sorting are soo needed. I also added -ability to sort strongroom/shop by item type (i.e. books vs. bakery items vs. travels, vs. trinkets cause that's what I need more than anything Dx

I especially liked the suggestion about sorting by price. That honestly just makes sense so that you can price anything that's still at 0......

Female
1,285 posts

mejary • 16 September 2018 at 12:09 AM

@mairbear YES! PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN

Also, I wish there was this option to lock certain items... For example, most of the time when I move all the items, I accidentally end up moving the Leaf of Vaka and I don't realize it until I see my pets starving XD

Cis Woman
163 posts

smartie2742 • 7 October 2018 at 12:20 PM

I really, really want a way to sort the shop by price. It's currently a pain when I add an item in my shop and I have to go through multiple pages trying to find where it ended up. And I tried sorting by "newest added" but doesn't actually sort by newest added? I'm not sure if it's a bug or if I'm missing something obvious.

I'd also love to sort by item type in both the strongroom and the shops. I had a bunch of travels I wanted to put in my shop, but I had to go through 8 pages to get to all of them. I also can't figure out how those are organized either. I have old and new items mixed in together, and some item types like toys are clumped together, but then get separated by an occasional food item, then travels clumped together, then more toys clumped together. Sorting by newest added in there also doesn't sort by newest added.

I'm really hoping for these changes. Especially sorting by shop price.

264 posts

snowwall • 7 October 2018 at 11:02 PM

@smartie2742
It might be "Newest added to website", not "Newest added to shop". That is, "Sort by release date" or so.

Item management point I'd love to see - for the quest giver to say what item I'm missing and to point out if I have it in my strongroom.