Has anyone seen a ghost or have been haunted before?

in Chit-Chat

Female
224 posts

cheetahgirl8 • 9 September 2018 at 11:41 PM

This question strikes the mind of some people they all wonder if they are real when you see something strange.

I honestly believe in ghosts. A few stories I would like you to hear. As a 13 year old girl you would think that this doesent really happen because people think that at age 5 you loose you 7th sense, I still have mine. So get comfy and hear of my experiences with ghosts.

1. One time me and my brother were walking upstairs when all of a sudden we see a woman that looked like my great grandmother. She was sitting in her rocking chair knitting. My great grandmother died about 2years before this happened so when we saw her we can downstairs screaming our heads off.

2.this one still happens to me. One night I was walking down the hall and I see this native American girl she told me she means no harm and showed me her family they said that they protect my house at night from spirits that want to cause harm. One night I woke up to find her dad staring at me looking over. Some nights I smell bacon in the middle of the night.

Plz share your experiences and don't ping me I have this followed

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 9 September 2018 at 11:55 PM

@cheetahgirl8 woah that's creepy but kinda cool o.o i haven't had any ghost experiences except when things randomly fall or the door starts to close by itself lol

Female
869 posts

netherling • 9 September 2018 at 11:58 PM

I haven’t seen or heard any, but I can feel them. I can’t be in places that had any horrific or tragic pasts either, I’ll blackout.
I was on vacation with my family in New Orleans and we went on a nightly ghost tour -which they have plenty of- and one of the stops was the Lalaurie mansion. I’d already known the history of the place, so the story the tour guide told me wasn’t unfamiliar. After a couple minutes I started zoning out and couldn’t hear the guide’s voice clearly, it because a mumble in the background and over it I could hear whispering. Mainly that of a little girl but I couldn’t understand what she was saying. While this was happening my vision also started to go black, starting with black spots in the corner of my vision that would spread until I couldn’t see at all despite my eyes being wide open. I managed to somehow find my way to my mother because the street light was reflecting off of her hoops earrings and I had to push through people to get to her. I told her I couldn’t see, and it all eventually grabbed the attention of our group and guide. After I got away from the house my vision cleared up and I could hear and see normally again. On a clarifying note, I was fully rested, I’d already eaten, it was night time -meaning it was cool outside- so it wasn’t heat that got to me.

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 10 September 2018 at 12:56 AM

I would say I haven't seen a ghost or felt like I've been haunted. 😱 (I'm so boring)
Though there was one time when I was little (like young enough to be scared to get out of my bed at night to go to the bathroom without a parent to make sure nothing would happen, lol) I could have sworn I saw a floating red skull at the foot of my bed cackling. I didn't get out of bed, but threw the sheets over me an stayed as quiet as possible. 😋 Once I looked again, they where gone. But I remember not sleeping well that night. xD

Deleted • 10 September 2018 at 4:09 PM

@cheetahgirl8

Yes I do. I can see ghost and I have to many stories to share so I won't. But I can say this My mom passed away and I can see her and others!

Female
1,575 posts

sorrow • 10 September 2018 at 8:02 PM

@cheetahgirl8
My best friend has a ghost who you can hear come up the stairs really late at night, then he sits on her bed, then he walks out and closes the door. It gets cold when he walks in (She calls him "Josh", I don't know why.) There's also something in my basement bathroom. Lights flicker, the door shuts and closes as it pleases, things fall over, water turns off and on, it's always, always cold in there, ect.... I don't go in that bathroom anymore.

EDIT:
I somehow forgot to mention my dolls. I collect old, broken porcelain dolls, and sometimes, out of the corner of my eyes I think I see little girls. But the dolls never moves. The apparitions resemble them. But I don't really think they're there.

3,057 posts

jirachiwishmaker • 11 September 2018 at 12:01 AM

@cheetahgirl8

Ok I got some good stories and strange experiences. This happened when I was a kid prob around 10yrs old, and for some reason I used to keep my puppy with me in the room while I slept. It just felt comfortable for him to sleep in the same room with me. Well, one night while I was sleeping I was told by my dad that they came in the house. I didn't know who, or what he was talking about as I was asleep and not aware of what was going on. But he said that while everyone was sleeping he said that they came in, and because I slept with my puppy he started growling and barking at whatever came into the house. And then they went away I guess cause the puppy might've scared them into leaving. I later had checked what this phenomenon or event that my dad was talking about was called if other people had the same experience. And I did find that I wasn't the only one, they're called the "Nightmarchers" and they come down from the mountains by a path lit only by a torch flame, during a certain time of year they walk the path back to the sea, but if you're along that same path they can take your soul with them and you'd prob not be alive anymore. They pick the people, while they're sleeping, and then head to the sea. I used to live next to the ocean, and I guess that we were on their path, but luckily they got scared and went away if I didn't have my puppy to guard me while I slept I don't think that I'd still be around. People that have come across them while sleeping probably never made it to the next day so it was told. They've never come around after that, and so I'm happy that they left.

Gender Nonconforming
6 posts

silverstreak • 19 November 2018 at 8:09 PM

I've lived with a poltergeist, was a lot more sceptical before that! Honestly the most terrifying two years of my life.

I now live with a harmless little old lady ghost who I love to bits. She's a sweetheart.

Female
191 posts

kiiiiiler • 27 November 2018 at 5:29 PM

I KNOW ghosts aren't real. ( Not for sure though ) and it was probably your minds playing tricks on you! cause when people die, they become angels or spirits that watch over you to keep you safe. I should know! One of my older sisters died when she was a baby. And I never got to meet her... ANYWHO!
and why i say "not for sure though" is cause I know a way to not believe that they are real. If you know someone who died that you love, then once your scared then think of them and that they are trying to protect you. Thats what i do and then I am not scared! ( But if you dont go to church then you might not believe me... )

1,135 posts

lazyanon • 27 November 2018 at 11:06 PM

ghost animals are my encounters. cause apparently I petted a cat that died and buried two years ago. Like i got told them the described the collar, what it looked like to the last detail right. It was a cute cat. it followed me till I pet it. Not a very scary ghost. I also randomly found a dog tag (not the collar just the tag) for a dog from 1999 just laying on the grass. Just there. It wasn't even dirty so I could see it very well. Me being dumb. took it home. It disappeared the next day. this was all in my neighborhood on the street next to mine about a year ago.

Female
191 posts

kiiiiiler • 28 November 2018 at 8:46 PM

ok, so what i said i kinda remembered that at a camp, my sister and her cabin where sleeping, then my sister heard ticking. but she said nothing cause it was probably her imagination. or so she thought. then another cabin mate said, "do you guys hear that?" and my sister said "YEAH!" so everyone woke up from the ticking, and searched the cabin. they finally found the clock. then they went back to sleep. later, they found ANOTHER clock. and another. The next morning, they sat at the fire place spot with other cabins. one of the prankers asked my sis, "so howd you sleep?" "well the clocks didn't go off." "oh yeah ha ha." "no they didn't." he whispered to the others in his cabin. "guys, it didn't work." the next night, they heard more ticking. they all woke up, looked, and found a clock under the garbage bag. they put it somewhere where they could find it again. the next morning, it was gone. they searched all over for it but it was gone. and the prankers only brought THREE clocks. so since, it was called: The Ghost Clock. Dun Dun Dun...

Female
130 posts

deidi • 13 December 2018 at 3:29 PM

@cheetahgirl8 I don't believe in ghosts but I encountered some.. really unexplainable... maybe there are ghosts.....
So one time I suddenly saw a shadow on the wall... it appears quickly as it disappears...
another time I was in the washroom when I heard a deep cough outside... my dad's the only male in the family but the cough doesn't sound like him... Very weird...

Female
2,022 posts

budgie • 13 December 2018 at 4:52 PM

Not my story, but my aunt's. When she was around six she and my grandparents lived in this old community shopping center-turned home. Ancient building, sadly its coming apart now-a-days, but back then it was just finishing construction to turn it into someplace livable and not just an old-timey super market. Anyway, aside that, she woke up around 1am, completely chilled, and in her words the room just felt...off. She felt like she was being watched and sure enough, in her closet (which was at one point the only chimney place) was a man hanging from the ceiling. She swears to this day that it happened and honestly I believe her. I'm 19 now but I hate getting out of my bed to use the washroom, the place has this weird feel about it when everyone's asleep--doesn't help that the place is massive.

Female
191 posts

kiiiiiler • 15 December 2018 at 10:10 AM

YOU'R OLDER THAN ME! I'm 10... and I think I'm going to quit this chat cause I'm getting scared... a little bit... BUT I'll still check it every once in a while!

Male
2,235 posts

beta • 29 December 2018 at 1:35 PM

Tbh I do not believe in “ghosts”. However, that does not mean all this contacting the dead and stuff is not real. It is, and according to the Bible, ghosts are actually demons, and if we open the door they’ll come in. Superstitious things like Wuiji boards (did I spell it right) and other ‘games of the devil’ open up these dorrs

Female
1,395 posts

iris1929578 • 5 January 2019 at 3:41 PM

Woahhh that's so cool 😱 I've never been haunted or felt anything, except sometimes I sense someone looking at me but I guess that's just a safety thing for me??? Idk

Female
3,793 posts

sparklefox • 5 January 2019 at 4:36 PM

I personally don't believe in ghosts and have never really had any experiences with them. However, my mother always tells stories to other people about "ghost experiences" she's had that I can say without a doubt have never actually happened before. I think she just likes scaring people, haha.

One of her favourites to tell apparently happened one night while my sister had a friend staying over. This was when we were living in a flat / apartment. Everyone was in their bedrooms (my mother, sister and her friend were all in the same room), but suddenly the sound of laughing kids that sounded almost identical to my brother and I (we were both pretty young at the time) came from the hallway, and you could also hear them running up and down it like they were chasing each other. When they went out to check what was happening since they expected us to be playing, they saw nothing at all. The laughing had even stopped. The friend started freaking the heck out and my mother tried to reassure her that she shouldn't get worried since our house was regularly haunted by weird things.

...Yeah, none of this ever happened. I would've remembered it very clearly. Still, she loves to tell these things regardless.

This is kinda but not really related, but I'll mention it anyway. When I was very young, I used to be able to see very tiny, transparent men in tiny racecars driving along the floor, right next to the closets in my mother's room since I had to share a room with her at this age due to dumb anxiety reasons ;p. I was already well aware that it was just my imagination, though, and I'm pretty sure it was mainly because I used to love watching Wacky Races back then. Due to that, I was never freaked out by them or questioned if anyone else could see them. I was only ever able to see them if I stared long enough and they would always disappear as soon as they got past the closets. I swear, one of them was even Muttley!

Female
224 posts

cheetahgirl8 • 20 May 2019 at 1:26 PM

wow those are some cool run-ins with ghosts, heres a recent one that kinda spooks me each time it happens

so im just minding my buessness when something moves in the corner of my eye but im tho only one in the room and nothing moves around, freaky.

Female
191 posts

kiiiiiler • 20 May 2019 at 2:24 PM

@cheetahgirl8 THAT HAPPENS WITH ME!

Gender Nonconforming
1,249 posts

frankenstein • 24 June 2019 at 10:36 AM

I'm not a believer in the supernatural, but I have had a couple unexplainable experiences.

One happened when I was home alone. I live in a split level home, and that means from the main floor, there's 7 steps downstairs to the family room, and 7 steps to the upstairs where the bedrooms are. I happened to be walking past the stairs up on my way to the kitchen, and I heard a sharp intake of breath. Like I said, I was alone, so it freaked me out.

Other than that, I oftentimes feel pressure against my legs when I'm sitting at our dining room table, as if one of the cats is brushing past. When I check, of course, they're not there.

Cis Female
10 posts

noctem • 18 August 2019 at 2:02 PM

I absolutely believe in ghosts and spirits! When I was very young I saw a couple at the first house I lived in (my parents confirmed seeing these same figures, mostly shadow people). I now participate in paranormal investigations a couple times a year with my mother-on-law's paranormal group and witnessed and heard some interesting things. I have yet to "see" a spirit as an adult but I very much believe in paranormal energy and entities.

Female
276 posts

wolfspike23 • 31 August 2019 at 4:11 PM

~Ghost Encounters~

~ 12:00 AM, July 25, 2018. ~
One evening, I decided to record myself singing. (As what almost everyone does..) Halfway into the song, I see something in the corner of my eye... It looked like my mom, but she was downstairs cooking food for tomorrow.

~ 3:00 AM, December 3, 2017. ~
I'm sleeping alone in my room. I had heard a garage door open. I check my window. It's just a neighbour shovelling snow. I live in a semi-detached house, and they do have pets. I had heard footsteps. It's normal. I do sleep beside the wall that divides the two. But the footsteps had kept happening throughout the night. The morning had come, I couldn't find my phone. I looked frantically around the room, finding it in my desk drawer.

Female
4,622 posts

mastergemma • 3 September 2019 at 9:12 AM

I'm going to say maybe.

When I was between 5-13 I used to be able to see this fluffy teddy bear like shadow with a hat standing on two legs. So this... shadow bear used to appear mainly in night whenever I couldn't sleep and I would see him. Walking down the hallway, walking up towards me, slowly inching its way over.

Whenever it got close to me I would keep my eyes closed, occasionally cry as I used to get so freaked out about this, and hope the shadow would go away. I don't remember seeing him in years, I hope he's gone forever.

Please.