Page Shifting

in Problems & Bugs

Female
316 posts

sackname • 9 September 2018 at 5:41 PM

First of all, I'd like to point out this is probably just part of the EggCave 3 set up.

This is mainly about the advertisement bar at the top. When I do speed feeding or look through a forum, the page always shifts upward and it forces me to retrace where I was at. 90% of the time, the page shifts up, leading me to be used to the unusual change of placement. However, the times when it shows a huge advertisement banner, I end up accidentally clicking it. When I first start using EggCave for the day, the advertisement banner takes maybe 5 seconds to load on my computer. In speed feeding, the "slow" advertisement load isn't a problem after 150 creature profile loads (on my computer).

I mostly want to tie this to mobile. I use EggCave on mobile all the time. I'd like to point out that the top advertisement bar will take forever depending on my cellular data zone. When the page shifts up and I'm looking at a profile or a forum, it scrolls where I was right up to the top and it drives me nuts. I'll be halfway down a page reading through a trade forum or the site blog, then suddenly I'm back at the top of the site page.

I was wondering if this bothers anyone else? It's not a huge deal, but if the page didn't shift upward all the time it would make using this site a lot easier. Maybe just keep a large space there?

Pings (let me know if you don't want to be pinged in the future)
@crown
@moonweaver
@rabbitwanter
@rainbownya
@mejary
@orderedchaos

Non-binary
1,088 posts

moonweaver • 9 September 2018 at 5:44 PM

@sackname

This happens to me all the time! I'd be at the cave, and try to pick an egg but instead tap on the Return to Ark button.

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 9 September 2018 at 6:38 PM

@sackname,
I've had the issue with the adds on Mobile alot. šŸ˜‹ They are pretty annoying, especially the ones that pop up on the very bottom of my screen, over the site. -__- I go to click something, and that add loads, and I click on it. D:< ALOT. On the pages shifting, I have that problem a ton on mobile as well. -__- Its either the page hasn't loaded all the was, or the adds keep trying to load and stuff. šŸ˜‹ Makes mobile pretty irritating sometimes. šŸ˜‹

As far as on my computer, I don't really have issues with it, cause I use AdBlock; but when I have an Incognito tab open (to be on one of my sides at the same time as my main), I get the same stuff you are talking about.
Overall, this is definitely a much bigger issue for mobile players that I think should be somehow fixed (as best it can be)

Female
316 posts

sackname • 9 September 2018 at 7:32 PM

@moonweaver

Me too! T.T

@prairie

I agree, it makes loading times much slower on mobile. The bottom add always gets clicked for me too XD and if I try to scroll and my finger starts on an add, it won't scroll.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 9 September 2018 at 8:54 PM

@sackname IKR????!!! It's so frickin annoying.

Female
1,285 posts

mejary • 9 September 2018 at 11:16 PM

@sackname God, that happens to me a lot! ;-;

Female
371 posts

rainbownya • 10 September 2018 at 3:25 AM

@sackname it also happens to me a lot, especially when Iā€™m feeding creatures on mobile ā˜¹ļø

Female
316 posts

sackname • 18 September 2018 at 11:16 AM

@rainbownya

Creature feeding is very difficult for me too on mobile. I have to scroll down to get to the feed button but then the advertisement finally loads, which then brings me back to the top of the page, scrolling down to the same spot I wanted to be at.