"Disable Daily Activities" in Settings

in Site Feedback & Ideas

good idea?

Neither
1,577 posts

fjhfjh • 27 August 2018 at 2:55 AM

So I don't know about anyone else, but sometimes I don't realize which account I'm on and accidentally visit the cave or buy lottery tickets from one of my sides (perhaps this is just me because of my usernames but I feel like this happens to more than one person).

Anyway, so my suggestion is to add a setting (perhaps under "Blocks & Account Controls") to be able to block all these abilities. That way, we can all enable this setting on our side accounts and leave it off on our main. It would prevent people from having accidents and probably save the mods (or @eggcaveteam, who is a bot now?) some work.

Items that might be disabled in this setting:
- cave
- mysterious asteroid
- site trivia
- wall of sandroons
- alkub race
- CS lottery
- Advent Calendar
I'm sure I'm missing some so feel free to comment below 😊

Also, comment to mods: I feel like the guidelines (and terms of service for that matter?) need to be updated to include all these features we aren't supposed to do from our side accounts (for instance, I am still technically banned from the lottery, even though neither the lottery nor the guidelines/ToS says I can't buy tickets to the lottery from my side) 😉
Additionally, some of the other info here is our of date (specifically regarding the "newest trades" in the TC, multiple owners for accounts, freezing scams - people just transfer cc vouchers now, pinging people from livepulse is done all the time - is it or is it not allowed?, not sure what the last bullet point under "Trading" means exactly, begging should include items like travels or books, etc... I'm sure there's more but I didn't read closely).
And while we are on the topic, is this post a violation of the Guidelines? Since technically we are "discussing moderator actions taken against your account or another player's account" 😋 lol

Female
1,186 posts

lbowe_elbow • 27 August 2018 at 3:20 AM

@fjhfjh what a great idea! I'm sure that would save a lot of people a lot of strife. I know I've had to send in a few tickets about accidental cave visits from my side

Deleted • 27 August 2018 at 4:15 AM

@fjhfjh During the Ark Day festival, I accidentally used asteroid attempts on my side and I reported to them and I asked for my side to be blocked from the activities ^^ They did so, so I didn't have the mistake of doing it again 😊
To have this normally would be great 😃 Thanks for bringing the topic up 😊

Female
1,422 posts

rashka • 27 August 2018 at 9:53 AM

@fjhfjh

that would be awesome! 😃

and i also did that kind of mistake!

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 27 August 2018 at 2:07 PM

@fjhfjh
I agree cause it's happened to me too >.>

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 27 August 2018 at 8:15 PM

@fjhfjh yesssssss

Neither
1,577 posts

fjhfjh • 27 August 2018 at 8:25 PM

@lbowe_elbow
ooh is that what youre supposed to do? send in a ticket when that happens? XD I always go "oh [yeep]" when I realize it and usually just skip whatever the activity is the next day.

@rashka @immortalraven @wigglytuff
very glad I'm not the only one! haha 😋 thanks for your support!

@crown
I didn't know they could block it. did you submit a ticket to do this? at least we know its fairly easy for them to do this then - if they don't make this into a setting I'll definitely ask them to block my sides!

Female
1,186 posts

lbowe_elbow • 27 August 2018 at 9:17 PM

@fjhfjh I don't know if that's what you're SUPPOSED to do, but that's what I do lol

Neither
1,577 posts

fjhfjh • 28 August 2018 at 2:06 AM

@lbowe_elbow haha well thats probably smarter than what I do XD I'll start doing that in the future

Pings:
@aedia
@moonweaver
@love23bug
@rowina

Female
5,399 posts

Orderedchaos • 28 August 2018 at 9:46 AM

@lbowe_elbow @fjhfjh
Sending a ticket when you make a mistake with dailies is what you are supposed to do. Otherwise we have no way of telling what is a mistake and what is intentional. Without the ticket you will get in trouble.

If you want to have dailies like the Cave or Asteroid disabled on your sides during events you can also send in a ticket and we can put on temporary daily ban on your sides. Having a way of doing this player-side is something that we could look into doing.

(the eggcaveteam account has always been a bot, its an account that's for sending out automated messages and doesn't have a real person behind it)

Female
806 posts

aedia • 28 August 2018 at 10:20 AM

@fjhfjh definitely like this idea since in the past I have accidentally visited the cave as well on one of my sides and had to send in a ticket!

Neither
1,577 posts

fjhfjh • 28 August 2018 at 6:17 PM

@Orderedchaos
Thank you for the clarification!
If someone asks to disable the activities on their side, will it only remain disabled for the duration of the event, or is it permanent (and in order to enable them again that person has to submit a ticket)?

If you chose not to add some sort of disable feature, I will definitely ask you to disable everything on my sides!

Female
5,399 posts

Orderedchaos • 28 August 2018 at 6:53 PM

@fjhfjh
We have to enter a timeframe for bans, even daily bans. So if you ask for us to put a daily ban on a side for an event it will be only for the duration of the event.

Neither
1,577 posts

fjhfjh • 28 August 2018 at 6:54 PM

@Orderedchaos that makes sense, thank you!

Edit: also, will quests (the new feature is quests, right? or are you misleading us all on purpose? 😱) be allowed on all accounts or only your main?

Non-binary
1,088 posts

moonweaver • 28 August 2018 at 9:03 PM

@fjhfjh

Yeah, I kidna agree with this..... It's happened a LOT to me. 😋 It would be a very useful feature.

264 posts

snowwall • 31 August 2018 at 12:00 AM

...and a way to enable them back, it case, say, I want to make that account my main...