What are clicks?

in Help & Questions

Female
4 posts

moonwatcher1 • 26 July 2018 at 5:19 PM

Hi, I have no idea how to word this
The title says it all really, a lot of my eggs need clicks to evolve and most of them have had a few. What are clicks and how do I make them get clicks?
Thanks for helping!
moonwatcher1

Deleted • 26 July 2018 at 7:44 PM

@moonwatcher1 - Each creature has a link which can be viewed in the search bar when you’re on that creature’s profile. When a user clicks on your creature through that link, it will increase the click stat.

Female
3,757 posts

sparklefox • 26 July 2018 at 7:46 PM

@moonwatcher1 - Clicks are gained whenever someone clicks on your creature (or a link to the creature) to get to their profile. Your creatures can get them through quite a few ways.

Someone feeding your cove will obviously also give them clicks. You can also put them into EC's on-site click exchange or an off-site click exchange (such as Yarolds) so they can gain clicks whenever someone clicks on them / a link to them. Another way could be to put them into a forum signature somewhere in the hopes that someone would click on the creature, but this mainly just works for views. There's probably other ways that I can't really think of right now, though.

If you're putting them into Yarolds, make sure there's a 'www.' before the 'eggcave.com', otherwise it won't work for some reason. Also, make sure the link says "click" rather than "egg", otherwise they might not actually gain any clicks.

Hopefully I'm able to help at least a little.

Female
4 posts

moonwatcher1 • 27 July 2018 at 3:36 AM

Thanks @sparklefox and @thalo!