Old Folks Home

in Chit-Chat

Should we form our own official club?

Female
149 posts

grimwood • 7 July 2018 at 11:58 AM

Hey guys! I decided to make a chat topic for old, returning users (or for users who joined in 2014 or earlier). If you used to go by a different name (or account) please make sure to ping that account in your first post! That's about it honestly ^^; My old account is: @silverlightdragon if anyone remembers my hyperactive, crazy, middle-school self.

Edit: Also feel free to chat about literally anything, this is kind of a hangout as of now πŸ˜‰

Pings:
@yts
@dcmaster
@prairie

Female
2,022 posts

budgie • 7 July 2018 at 12:44 PM

Used to be @kisamari, left sometime in 2016 I believe--but now Im back ^^

Female
149 posts

grimwood • 7 July 2018 at 5:55 PM

@budgie
Ah, cool! I forgot to follow this forum topic so sorry for the late reply ^^; I think I remember seeing you around. Your old username sounds super familiar.

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 7 July 2018 at 6:08 PM

@grimwood
Lol, for some reason, I didn't seem to get the ping, I just saw this topic now. xD

My first account was @clbr6117, I originally joined on January 5th 2013. πŸ˜ƒ
(I also used to have an old side called @demons, which has since been deleted.)

Female
149 posts

grimwood • 7 July 2018 at 6:28 PM

@prairie
Yeah, sorry I forgot to ping, I just pinged some people off the top of my head. EDIT: I realize I just pinged you but it didn't go through xD I'm legit scrambled today, I've been running back and forth so much
@budgie
When did you first join EggCave? I wanna see if my old account is the oldest so far πŸ˜‹

Female
2,022 posts

budgie • 7 July 2018 at 6:36 PM

@grimwood May 4th, 2013, It's weird that although my account is decently old, I still feel super new

Female
149 posts

grimwood • 7 July 2018 at 6:37 PM

@budgie
Huh, my account's the oldest so far. That's really odd. I guess everyone from 2012 just up and left or got new accounts?

Female
2,022 posts

budgie • 7 July 2018 at 6:43 PM

@grimwood I imagine a lot of people wanted new usernames, kinda like how you get embarrassed of your first email account name because you made it when you were young ^^"

Female
149 posts

grimwood • 7 July 2018 at 6:47 PM

@budgie
Lol yeah, that happened to me and I didn't want to spend 200CC to change my username. But would you or @prairie happen to know anyone that used to go by @feurglut? We were really good friends back then.

Extra pings (party time! *throws confetti*):
@dcmaster
@immortalraven

Female
2,022 posts

budgie • 7 July 2018 at 7:07 PM

@grimwood I don't think I recall anyone with that username, even when I was active, sorry

Female
149 posts

grimwood • 7 July 2018 at 7:09 PM

@budgie
@prairie
Well, darn. I'm just gonna have to keep asking. Oh! And feel free to ping some old users you guys know as well!

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 7 July 2018 at 8:14 PM

@grimwood
I joined August 2012, though I quit and didn't come back til October because someone told me I'd never get the critters on my wish list. I got all of my original wish list now and some of theirs and they have thus went on hiarus/quit heh...
But when I came back in October I got a LOT of the Halloween critters and someone gave me a Draqua and Flar for like 5 of the event critters. I wish event critter weren't all seasonal now. One it'd help newer players and two they'd feel more special and worth it. I don't really like like them now cause all are seasonal >.> That person was real nice and saw that that had happened to me... although I traded the Flar for a slight under offer /dies/ x'D

I haven't really gone on hiatus/quit since then though. Like for vacation yeah but other than that I think I've been on every day ^^ (Lol I have issues)

Female
149 posts

grimwood • 7 July 2018 at 8:47 PM

@immortalraven
Lol, good 'ol karma. Luckily I don't remember anyone being rude to me back then (and now thank goodness). And omg! We joined the same month and year XD (on my old account @silverlightdragon).

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 7 July 2018 at 9:05 PM

@grimwood
I've experienced worse this year unfortunately ;-; and kinda throughout the time I've been here to varying degrees but this last time was the worst and I probably would have quit if I hadn't spent so much money on this game. Someone had told me to die and I should have killed myself. So yeah... But they're gone now at least so they can't do it to me or anyone else.
I didn't have a whole ton of people to talk to at this time either. Most my friends hiatus/quit. Though some came back after awhile after this event had happened at least so some are back 😊

Wish I could help with the person you wanna find but I don't remember em ☹️

Lol nice x'D

Female
149 posts

grimwood • 7 July 2018 at 9:10 PM

@immortalraven
Omg, wow. At least they're gone, I just hope they didn't do real life damage to anyone else though. I've been lucky so far, although my Goldox might attract some unwelcome rudeness. Well, at least some of your old buddies are back! None of mine have returned (that I know of). Also, just feel free to PM me if you want, my real life friends started calling me their 'Fairy Squad Mother' XD

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 7 July 2018 at 11:33 PM

@grimwood
Yup

Yeah it might, most understand though and aren't rude bout it. Just select few.

Yup c:
I hope some do c:

Mmk 😊
Nice xD

Female
149 posts

grimwood • 9 July 2018 at 10:27 PM

@immortalraven
@budgie
@prairie
@dcmaster
@yts

Pinging everyone for an update. So, I was thinking about perhaps making this a club? You know, for older users and returning ones. I might wait to start a poll to see if there's enough interest. Oh, and feel free to chat about anything, we're in the Chit-Chat forum so anything goes πŸ˜‹ (as long as you follow forum rules).

Male
682 posts

decay • 9 July 2018 at 10:57 PM

@grimwood
Wow! I barely made it to the group XD I joined in June 2014 c: I found this site because it’s was being advertised in Jellyneo and I thought Balrog looked really cool so Balrog is literally the reason I joined c: I remember a user traded me a first stage frozen prath as a gift c: it’s still in my cove and @rashka was one of my first friends here we met when I was trying to get an Aodsihe with ec c: still have it in my cove too!

I quit once kinda XD first I quit and gave some creatures out then I came back like a day later because I was addicted.....

Then I actually quit because I got bored and was pretty frustrated with creature prices at the time... little did I know what I would come back to XD I came back though because of college stress and nostalgia.
Also, I missed talking to @xenni and @rashka

Female
149 posts

grimwood • 9 July 2018 at 11:35 PM

@dcmaster
I totally agree with the last part. I had actually quit becuase there were no creatures coming out as monthlies/CSP's that I wanted, so I quit. I sort of came back for nostalgia. The main reason I came back for good though was because of ShortStuff ❀️ She wasn't a gift but she's my favorite.
Also, imma ping another awesome person I know @pjbuzzy

Female
1,422 posts

rashka • 10 July 2018 at 9:39 AM

@dcmaster

this game is really addcitive! πŸ˜‹

i never thought of quitting this game and my hiatus was coming each day to make sure no creatures are dying! but still lost few of them.

but my friends are keeping me here and even after 3 or 4 years i still hope a lost frind wll come back, @veroncio is one of my first friends i had here and i promissed her i'll take care of her pets! and still going through her cove to gather her ec! πŸ˜‹

when DC went through his hiatus i REALLY missed him he his my far out adopted boy! πŸ˜ƒ i really love you and hope the best in your life dear ❀️

i really enjoy talking to many more people like @immortalraven, you know i'll always be here if you need to talk or vent! πŸ˜ƒ

Female
535 posts

katrinwolf • 10 July 2018 at 2:52 PM

Well, hi 😊 4 April 2011 here, quite a bit spent in semi-hiatus when I would just drop by once a week - feed, Tim's, bye. Got too frustrated because of all the beautiful CSPs I couldn't possibly get... Never been a talker though, so I'll bet none of you know me from back then. The only people I have a memory of talking to are @dragonessofire (seemingly quit) and the guy that got me to EggCave, @tazar (quit... it's odd how he brought me here, and now he's quit and I'm still here somehow...)

Female
1,924 posts

reality • 10 July 2018 at 3:03 PM

Well, I decided to go through a name change cause I still wanted to revive some critters on this account. Used to be @panda9983, jumping all around. I think I went through two long hiatus cause I grew bored and couldn't get any wishlist. Now I'm back, sorta.

Female
149 posts

grimwood • 10 July 2018 at 3:44 PM

@katrinwolf
Oh no, my record has been broken D:
But, yeah, I did the same. I left in 2013 because I got bored with the site, and in 2015 or 2017 because... Well I actually forgot ^^; But there's a huge gap in when I left, came back, left, and came back. My oldest account is @silverlightdragon and my second oldest is @novalight. Plus I think I saw you around sometime in 2013.
@reality
Awesome! I just made a new account because I didn't want to pay 200CC for a name change. Oh, and welcome back!

Female
1,120 posts

valorieviolet • 10 July 2018 at 7:40 PM

@grimwood

I joined in August of 2009 with this account! Just a little over a month after Egg Cave popped up. I can't recall where I seen the advertisement for this site (maybe The Daily Neopets...?) but I remember the Calla being one of the creatures on it!

I participated in The Mystery of Ghosty and got myself a Balrogipuwet! His name was Alec (named after the evil dude in Twilight lol) but he died before the Resurrection Stone was even a thing. I stopped playing sometime in 2010, came back in November of 2011, stopped playing around September 2013, came back for a month in 2015, and then finally came back September 2016. I'm happy to say I've been playing ever since then :')

I may have missed all the most sought after creatures, but it's not like I could have bought them anyway T^T

Female
149 posts

grimwood • 10 July 2018 at 8:22 PM

@valorie100
Wow, did you ever get your Balrog back? Also, sort of the same thing happened to me except I left mainly because I was bored with the site. Also, @everyone feel free to post how long your hiatus/(s) were!

Female
3,795 posts

sparklefox • 10 July 2018 at 8:44 PM

@grimwood - I joined on September 22nd, 2009. I was very prone to taking random hiatuses, particularly during the earlier years of EC - I can't even remember why. As such, a lot of my favourites in my cove at the time slowly died.

I think I took another hiatus / semi-hiatus during 2012 or 13, mainly due to real life stuff and slowly becoming bored of here / finding other things more interesting. At one point, I was basically logging in, checking to see if anything in my cove was dying, checking comments on the wall, then leaving for the rest of the day. I kinda hate myself for doing that since I missed out on a lot of creatures that I really love.

I try not to make too much of a deal on losing out on a chance to get them, though. These are just pixels, after all.

Female
149 posts

grimwood • 10 July 2018 at 8:58 PM

@sparklefox
Yeah, I did that when I returned on my second oldest account @novalight. As a result, I didn't get any creatures that I had wanted. In all honesty, I should have stuck around in 2012. That was a really good year.

Female
1,120 posts

valorieviolet • 10 July 2018 at 9:59 PM

@grimwood

Nope, I never got it back! When I came back in 2016, I heard they were in the CSP for a super long time(not too sure about this), but I wasn't active when it was/also in no position to ask my mom to buy me CC for an online game xD

Female
149 posts

grimwood • 10 July 2018 at 10:09 PM

@valorie100
Oh, darn. I hope you get another one then! They're pretty awesome critters ^^
Also, I got graduation money and a credit card so I'm trying to get most of my wishlist knocked out before I go to college πŸ˜‹

47 posts

rayray • 10 July 2018 at 10:54 PM

@grimwood

I found this website in July 2009 on TDN as a small banner at the top of the page. This was back when I was an avid Neopets player and since joining EggCave, I would juggle my time between those two sites. I remember @justbeingme and @dragonkeeper as two users I talked with often, the former who has sadly now quit and the latter who I'm hoping will return sometime soon. I continued to frequent the site until sometime in 2013 but took extended breaks in between to manage real-life priorities. I'm a bit bummed that I missed out on so many creatures and plots but I'm glad I got to experience this site since its early days.