Announcement: Weekly Contest

in General

What prizes are you most interested in?

Androgynous
140 posts

eggcavity • 19 June 2018 at 5:56 PM

Hello again, EggCavity fans! (and non-fans / soon to be fans)

With the help of @Dcmaster, EggCavity will be introducing weekly contests! (for a limited time)

Update: Sunday is officially our declared contest day! Each contest will begin on Sunday then end on Sunday (Midnight of Saturday).

Additionally, @Jello (who will be answering EggCavity Emails) and @dcmaster will be around the EggCavity EggCave profile for now on!

First off,
What is EggCavity? EggCavity is the ultimate EggCave fan site! We have all sorts of cool stuff like a travel viewer, a wishlist function, and indexes for all items, travels, and creatures (check out the creature index for original art, suggestion art, and to see hidden stages!)
Give us a try! eggcavity.com

We will be giving out 1 mil EC to a random user that answers the poll and respond to the question in the comments: what type of contest would you like?

We already have some ideas, however, we need input from our community. The more people respond, the more variety will be available in these contest!

Furthermore, donations would be highly appreciated and would greatly aid in the development of these contest!
❤️ A million thank you's to @muppet for the first donation!!! ❤️

Thank you!

and a big thank you to EggCavity Mods:
@karenna19 (The Creator Herself)
@mairbear
@lbowe_elbow (Mod Mama and Developer)
@rashka
@prairie
@totallynotjoey (COTM mod)
@mechanicalheart
@mairbear
and our Admin Support
@jazzyleia

Female
1,186 posts

lbowe_elbow • 19 June 2018 at 6:02 PM

@EggCavity HOORAY! I love giveaways! And delegation d:

Can't wait to see where this goes!

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 19 June 2018 at 6:11 PM

@eggcavity everyone needs EC for auctions and shops, makes sense to raffle off the most used currency. Also im kinda pinging myself here

Androgynous
140 posts

eggcavity • 19 June 2018 at 6:25 PM

@jello That's a very good point. EC is able to be traded for most things! Thank you for participating!

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 19 June 2018 at 10:27 PM

@eggcavity
I would like EC giveaways because I'm always broke from auctions. Creatures would be nice too.

Androgynous
140 posts

eggcavity • 20 June 2018 at 12:41 AM

@shadowdragon28 awesome! Do you have any fun ideas for contests? Thank you for participating!

Deleted • 20 June 2018 at 1:31 AM

@eggcavity I'd like CC or Creatures 😊 CC is really helpful to me as I often need a lot of freezes or rebirths! Creatures are great too ❤️ Like, why wouldn't you want one? ^^

Suggestions for contests:
- Drawing contest? Ooh! Perhaps we can have a drawing fanart contest here, and as well as winning a prize, their art can be featured somewhere on Eggcavity? 😃

- Writing contest....? This is really just for fun, because I love reading people's work ❤️ And all their different styles!

Also, for some contests I can help judge 😊 Only some though, cuz I might want to participate in them....

Androgynous
140 posts

eggcavity • 20 June 2018 at 1:41 AM

@crown thank you so much for your awesome suggestions!!! We cannot wait to get started on these fun fun contests!

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 20 June 2018 at 1:48 AM

@eggcavity
I think any of those as prizes are good.
My personally ordered preference is EC [as stated by some already I need it a lot lol x'D], CC [cause well who doesn't], and critters [pretty much same as the CC reason]

Maybe feeding contests for dying coves [with the users' permission]? I have noticed some newer users have trouble keeping things alive and such.

@crown
/high five for having like minds/ lol x'D
Like 3o minutes ago I suggested something about having people do fan art for eggcavity since the putting up of the original art concept didn't work out cause some didn't want their art up on it. I didn't think of it as a contest though, but that is a great idea for a contest ❤️ I love seeing other people's takes on things and art and such 😸

Female
812 posts

totallynotjoey • 20 June 2018 at 2:42 AM

@eggcavity
I absolutely LOVE how eggcavity is progressing and it's an honour to be the COTM mod 😸

I personally would prefer Cc (I mean, who doesn't) and then probably Creatures. Ec is just something that would be pleasant to me tbh XD I actually just (try) to hoard ec, I don't really use it much ^^; I'm probably saving it for that veryspecialamazingdream creature over there XD

The contests that were already put forward sound absolutely amazing! Can't wait to get this baby on the road XD

Good luck team! ❤️

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 20 June 2018 at 7:30 AM

@eggcavity
Maybe feeding and clicking contests? How but writing contests? This is a great idea.

2,251 posts

yts • 20 June 2018 at 8:02 AM

@eggcavity
I would love cc to save and trade for my wishlist ❤️

What about drawing contests? Maybe creature themed or creature design contests based on objects/flowers/animals/seasons/any themes. 😸

23 posts

angoku • 20 June 2018 at 9:08 AM

@eggcavity
CC or rare creatures 😊
I like @yts Idea of fanart or designing contest. I would also like clicking and hatching contest.
But I'd avoid writing contest because people writing in their mother language would be much more advantaged.

Female
170 posts

muppet • 20 June 2018 at 9:47 AM

@eggcavity
Maybe if you guys get donations of some of the rare/retired travels you can use them as a prize for the contests.
I absolutely love eggcavity.
It's crazy useful with having a wishlist that other users can go to & actually see the creatures you want.
Trying out travels on creatures so you know if you're going to like how it looks or not.
Plus you get to see travels you may not have seen in the shops & try to find it & trade for it
Keep up the AMAZING work guys ❤️

Androgynous
140 posts

eggcavity • 20 June 2018 at 12:14 PM

@immortalraven
Feeding dying coves sounds like a great idea! Thank you!

@yts
Thank you for participating! We will take your idea into consideration.

@angoku
You bring up a really good point about writing contest and people having an advantage with english. We will take this into consideration. Thank you for participating!

@muppet
Travels are great prizes! Thank you for all the support and appreciation c: We work hard to make it easier for everyone!

Thank you all for participating, we enjoy hearing your ideas and they are all really wonderful!

Female
89 posts

pheonia • 20 June 2018 at 12:31 PM

@eggcavity
I prefer EC, they can be traded for items/travels/CC 😊

What about cove design contest? 😊 Using the tool that allows to see creature+travel users are able to recreate a cove based on a theme or whatever, the cove would be judged based on general aesthetic, originality ETC

Androgynous
140 posts

eggcavity • 20 June 2018 at 1:51 PM

@pheonia
That's a great idea! Thank you participating!

Female
242 posts

amethyst_elf448 • 20 June 2018 at 2:43 PM

@eggcavity
Here are my contest ideas. Hope you like them!

Creative writing contest~
The members are given a theme. They the have to write a story based on that theme including egg cave creatures/lore. You could also create your own myth about Ark. For example, if the theme was "the sea" I could write about an adventurous whoon that meets a pintura, go on an adventure, find a sunken underwater island that they then discover that used to be a part of Ark before it sank back into the ocean. Then, when Ark rose back up to the surface, the part the whoon found broke off and stayed under the sea.

Creature/ CDWC contest (two round contest)~
Round 1~ Creature suggestion round

The members are given a theme and have to come up with a unique and original creature based on that theme. If the theme was the sea, I could create a creature that is made of coral and seaweed and when it evolves into its final form it is a mermaid with a tail made of colourful coral and seaweed. I would also need to come up with a name for the creature e.g: the Cormaid

Round 2~ CDWC

Following on from round 1, if my creature won, I would join the judging panel for this round. However, if I didn't win round 1, I would be able to write a creature description for the winning creature. For example, for the cormaid idea, I could describe the egg as:
Surprisingly smooth and quite small so it can be tucked into a small hollow in the coral reef.
I could describe the creature as:
Very friendly and they love to play games with their fellow cormaids, other sea creatures and occasionally some humans or land animals going for a swim.

Drawing contest~
The members are given a theme and they need to create a piece of art based on that theme. The judges can either specify an art media you have to use (e.g. paint, pencils etc.) or ELT the contestants use whatever art media they would like. For example, if the theme was sea (What is my obsession with the sea today? XD), I could draw a picture of a whoon and a pintura discovering a hidden underwater island filled with a civilisation for Cormaids and fish. The art pieces would be judged on art quality and originality.

1,628 posts

icecloud101 • 20 June 2018 at 4:25 PM

@eggcavity
awesome!
i have an idea or 2

EC or CC giveaway! everyone loves currency 😋
also critter giveaway
Contest such as art, writing, critter suggestion, etc.
and yeah thanks!
(maybe make a separate forum thread for funding for contests)
p.s.
I'd love to be a mod on Eggcavity

Female
415 posts

sundae • 20 June 2018 at 4:35 PM

@eggcavity

I think that all of the prizes are great, but I would choose ec because many people want it and if you want cc, many people want to swap cc for ec so you can get it that way!

Contest Idea:
I think some sort of raffle would be good, just plain, simple, and easy. 😊

Androgynous
140 posts

eggcavity • 20 June 2018 at 5:56 PM

@amethyst_elf448
Thank you for adding so much details! It's really impressive!

@icecloud
You can contact @lbowe_elbow c:
Thank you for your suggestions!

@sundae
Simplicity is always great, thank you!

Female
1,186 posts

lbowe_elbow • 20 June 2018 at 6:02 PM

@icecloud and I have been chatting (: Could you send me a mail so that we can talk more?

Female
242 posts

amethyst_elf448 • 20 June 2018 at 6:18 PM

@eggcavity
No problem! 😊

Androgynous
140 posts

eggcavity • 21 June 2018 at 2:27 AM

Hello again everyone,
This is @dcmaster,
I'm here to announce that Sunday is officially our declared contest day!
Each contest will begin on Sunday then end on Sunday (Midnight of Saturday). Prizes will be awarded on the day of Sunday.

Thank you everyone!

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 21 June 2018 at 5:23 AM

@eggcavity
Not sure if it is too late, but I think that ec, cc and older/cc pets would be great to give away~ ec/cc would help many members of the eggcave community in auctions or trades to work towards their dream cove and cc/old pets would really be a big help for newbies 😊

Female
2,200 posts

thedarkarcher • 21 June 2018 at 11:40 AM

@lbowe_elbow
what a wonderful idea! thanks for doing this ❤️

i think a creature giveaway out of the list as it helps users expand their cove ❤️

Female
1,186 posts

lbowe_elbow • 21 June 2018 at 11:42 AM

@thedarkarcher no problem! Don'y forget to thank @dcmaster. They're the one who spent time with coming up with great ideas for the contests, and is going to be running them all! DC has done a ton of work on our profile as well and has been awesome!

Androgynous
140 posts

eggcavity • 24 June 2018 at 11:12 PM

Hello again everyone,
This is @dcmaster!

Congratulations to @yts! You have won the 1 million EC! We have contacted you!

Additionally, we gathered all your suggestion and have created two contest for you!

Item Gathering Raffle & Drawing Contest

Thank you to everyone that participated!
@jello
@shadowdragon28
@crown
@immortalraven
@tottalynotjoey
@yts
@angoku
@muppet
@phenoia
@icecloud101
@sundae
@wild_wonders