The Hollow of Andyse {RP Sign-Ups}

in Roleplaying

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 15 June 2018 at 4:38 PM

The Hollow of Andyse is a refuge for those who are strange, not strange in the traditional sense, but strange in that they have unique abilities and attributes. The Citizens of the Hollow consist of all those who are uniquely gifted, and it shall always be open to those who are not human in the usual sense. For the Hollow of Andyse is only open to those with abilities and attributes outside those of normal people.

A small town, Andyse has always been a very close-knit community, they take in those who find their way into the woods, helping them find their way. And they look out for one another. While the small town has recently lived in peace, it has come to pass that something dark lurks along the edges of the town. In the forest that encompasses the Hollow of Andyse. And it seems to have its sights set upon those of Andyse.

Important Information

The Hollow of Andyse is only open to those who have powers, or nonhuman attributes. As such, no one who is just a regular human can access it.

Andyse, due to being so separated from the rest of the world, has a strange technology set up. Their entire technological advancement is nowhere as advanced as the rest of the world, not needing cellphones or laptops, cars or vehicles. They have a small town where people can walk from place to place, not to mention the barriers around the town make certain technology work strangely. They have gotten televisions to work, although they look close to how old school televisions did, albeit with color. But for the most part the town doesn't have modern tech.

Rules

- No sue’s, godmodding, or powerplaying
- No unnecessarily extravagant drama, drama is fine. Just please don’t give us a ton, try to keep it in small doses. A similar goes for violence, although I’d try to tone that down to very mild things, such as stuff that would be around kids.
- Follow all the site rules, and please avoid romance rping. Yeah, the site rules say it, but I gotta restate.
- Please avoid typing in all caps or with excessive punctuation. It gives me anxiety.
- Your spelling and grammar doesn’t have to be 100%, mine won’t be perfect, all I ask is that you at least use decent grammar and spelling. So I can at least understand what you're saying.
- No omnipowers, or overpowered abilities, that would include mind control, unconditional immortality, perma invisibility, and mind reading, among a few others.
- Certain powers, like flight, camouflage and similar powers, do not count as powers and instead are connected to attributes. These require the necessary animal attributes, such as wings, or chameleon scales and so forth.
- You can have more than one power, but they must all be related to each other, so no flight and invisibility, or flight and fire manipulation or whatever.
- If you have read and agree to the rules, give me your characters zodiac sign in the last slot of the form
- No unapproved plots or things of the like. Just ask me before you go on adding things.
- All powers, unless they are passive powers, need drawbacks. Not necessarily weaknesses, but something to prevent them from becoming overly strong. So if your character has fire powers, perhaps they can’t create their own fire, or if they can change shape perhaps it’s linked to emotion, and so forth.
- Additional attributes and powers can be on the same character, but you can only have one character with both of them. Attributes and powers don’t need to be related, but they can’t be absurdly unrelated.
- Everything in the form is necessary unless there is an asterisk next to it. Those can be left open.
- Personality needs at least more than just traits. Give me depth to the characters, not just kind, caring.

Form

Name:
Pronouns*:
Appearance:
Clothing:
Power(s)/Additional Attributes:
Weaknesses(*Only if Attributes Solely):
Drawbacks(*Only if Attributes Solely):
Past*:
Personality:
Other:

My Forms

Name: Palum Vedlok
Pronouns*: He/Him
Appearance: He has rippling patches of soft feathers across his body, and very soft gray hair. Palum has golden eyes, and his legs look similar to a birds, with a high bent ankle, almost looking like having backwards knees. He has large feathery dove wings, and slightly bird-like hands, having the bird leg scales and claws.
Clothing: A low backed blue shirt, gray pants, and no shoes.
Power(s)/Additional Attributes: Dove feathers, wings, and birdlike limbs, as a result of the wings he is capable of flight.
Weaknesses(*Only if Attributes Solely): None
Drawbacks(*Only if Attributes Solely): None
Past*: Born to the Hollow of Andyse, he grew up alongside his sister and later cousin. He had a generally quiet life, which was only altered upon the death of his parents when he was eight, and he had to live with his cousin and aunt. His aunt eventually vanished less than a year ago after she went to check the adjacent forest for any new members to the Hollow of Andyse.
Personality: Very kind and sweet, Palum is quiet and not too outspoken. He tends to
Other: His twin sister is Corvane, and his cousin is Morley

Morley and Corvane's forms are going to be posted later, I am not yet done with creating them.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 23 June 2018 at 3:54 PM

@thebrokenvibe

Name: Ruby Vahelle
Pronouns*: she/her
Appearance: Ruby is part red dragon, like her name says. She has horns on her head, a spiked tale, and wings that stick out of her back. Starting from her elbows, her skin gradually turns to scales, leading to claws. She has fangs, and also has a forked tongue. She has black hair and amber eyes.
Clothing: She wears a faded read t-shirt, black pants, and a necklace with fangs strung around it.
Power(s)/Additional Attributes: Dragon fangs, claws, a forked tongue, and scales. Due to this, Ruby is able to breath fire, and fight using these attributes. She also has scaly wings and a tail. Ruby can also fly for short distances. She is also strong.
Weaknesses(*Only if Attributes Solely): none
Drawbacks(*Only if Attributes Solely): Can only fly for short distances, due to not that good proportions.
Past*: Ruby was born on the way to the Hollow of Andyse, and on the way there, her parents were killed in the middle of the night by a unknown creature. Ruby was 12 then, and hid in the tent till morning. She survived the attack, but had no idea to take care of herself. She then met this woman who lived in the middle of the forest, that directed her to the Hollow of Andyse. There, she learned how to take care by herself with help from the villagers.
Personality: Ruby is intelligent and determined. She will stop at nothing to do what she wants. She can be protective.
Other: She has no siblings.