Clicking Cove Official Thread

in General

Female
149 posts

grimwood • 30 May 2018 at 2:52 PM

IMPORTANT!!!!!!

Hello everyone! I've got a new site up and running called 'The Clicking Cove' which can be found here: https://sites.google.com/site/officialclickingcove/

Here's some basic info. about the site before we get started:
The Clicking Cove, unlike Yarold's Link Exchange, is for Eggcave links only! So you don't have to sift through users to find Eggcave links! Also, this is a more efficient way of making EC than the click exchange.
Why? Well, here's some reasons:
1. There are over 100 links on each page or "Cove", so no need to constantly refresh and scroll up or down.
2. The Click Exchange only permits users to enter 20 creatures at any given time. We allow you to request your whole cove to be submitted! (This might take some time though)
3. We allow users to give us their links to use! We don't link to creatures unless we have explicit permission.
4. ◆'s contain individual creature links, so a ton can fit on the page at any given time.

Now that that's out of the way, this thread is only to be used for discussions, suggestions, updates, etc. for the Clicking Cove. The site is currently in an Alpha stage, so please be patient with development (I'm literally the only person right now that's managing the site)
Current To-Do List:
1. Get rid of redirect notices when clicking on linked creatures. RESOLVED! (If you are seeing a redirect notice, clear your site history, cache, and cookies. This will be addressed in the FAQ section of the site)
2. Post a 'How To' Guide on the site.
3. Post more links (if given permission)(Yep, over 1000 now!)
4. Add more resources links.
5. Change the 'egg' part of url to 'click' so creatures gain click stats.

For any ISSUES or BUGS please do the following:
Ping me! (I'll follow the topic, but please ping me so that I know it's important!)
In your post describe what page you were on, what you tried to do, and what happened. Be extremely specific!

For SUGGESTIONS please:
Do not ping me so that I know your post is not about an issue or bug on the site.
Title your post: Suggestion
Explain what you want to see and why (if applicable)

To request being a co-creator/helper please:
Post on my wall, I will PM you directly after I see your post with some general info. (your wall post will also be deleted).
Currently there are five slots open:
Co-manager (exactly what it says. They help manage the site, update changelogs (unless I do) and help with suggestions and site issues):
1. @skyfall4
Authors (help write pages, get creature links, update/add links):
2. @jlya
3. @zinny
4. @degong
Converters (DESPERATELY NEEDED)(Convert links from: https://eggcave.com/egg/2238581 TO https://eggcave.com/click/2238581

To give me permission to use all or some of your creatures:
PM me DIRECTLY DO NOT post here!
Tell me whether or not you want your entire cove added or those under a tab.
For creatures under a TAB, please tell me which tab/s you'd like to be added.
For only a few of your creatures, please provide the links in your PM.

So, that's all I can think of right now. Thank you for reading!
Pings (Sorry for the mass pings 😋):
@playermocha345
@animefan
@giggletheclownlovesya_xoxoxo
@tetromino
@poe
@crown
@icymuffin
@budgie (shoot, I forgot to ping you ^^; )

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 30 May 2018 at 8:21 PM

@grimwood
Hey I'm pretty interested in putting creatures for more clicks! I just have a question- is the site accessible to everyone or just you? I'd like to see the layout 😋

Female
149 posts

grimwood • 30 May 2018 at 8:25 PM

@skyfall4
Yes! I'll provide you with the link shortly and update the first post. I had to switch between new and classic in order to get links to work properly. Also, if you want your creatures to go up first, PM who you'd like on the site 😊

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 30 May 2018 at 8:26 PM

@grimwood
Okay, great! I'll PM shortly ❤️

3,057 posts

jirachiwishmaker • 30 May 2018 at 8:37 PM

@grimwood

Great! How many links can you load to the exchange? And they have to be eggcave ones only? No other game links to different creatures?

Female
149 posts

grimwood • 30 May 2018 at 8:39 PM

@jirachiwishmaker
Yep! Eggcave only. I use direct web links (the ones listed in the address bar) on the site. As of now, I can link as many creatures as needed on the site.

3,057 posts

jirachiwishmaker • 30 May 2018 at 8:42 PM

@grimwood

Do I send the links to you, or you can upload them on the site yourself?

Female
149 posts

grimwood • 30 May 2018 at 8:52 PM

@jirachiwishmaker
You can PM me which creatures you'd like put on the site (All or otherwise). I upload the links myself 😊

EDIT:
Site has been updated to version 0.0.2
Changelog:
1. Links change from blue to lavender when you click them (so you know which ones you've clicked).
2. A cheat sheet has been added to the site.
3. Added a 'How To' guide.
4. Site now has over 200 links (special thanks to @totallynotjoey for all the links)
5. Still planning the FAQ, help out by using the site and asking us some stuff!
6. @skyfall4 is now an official author.
7. I'll be adding my creatures soon so be on the look out.

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 3 June 2018 at 10:18 PM

Hey guys, that means you can PM me, @grimwood, or BOTH of us! 😊

Are we going to add more pages @grimwood?

Pings:
@budgie
@crown
@degong
@jlya

Female
2,675 posts

jlya • 3 June 2018 at 10:38 PM

@skyfall4 thanks for pinging! 😃

@grimwood, I'm excited to try it out! One question, though, what makes it more efficient than the click exchange?

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 3 June 2018 at 10:41 PM

@jlya
For the reasons above, as well as a perk in here: https://sites.google.com/site/officialclickingcove/how-to-use-this-site 😃

Female
2,675 posts

jlya • 3 June 2018 at 10:53 PM

@skyfall4 @Grimwood

Ah, I see. 😊 Would it be better to only use the site on a computer instead of an electronic, such as a kindle?

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 3 June 2018 at 10:55 PM

@jlya
Hmm, probably xD Though I suppose you could just use the back buttonnnnn xD

Female
2,675 posts

jlya • 3 June 2018 at 10:59 PM

@skyfall4 Yeah, that's what I've been doing. xD It's not as efficient as just feeding coves. xD

@iris1929578
@icecloud101
@power
@mermaid

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 3 June 2018 at 11:00 PM

@jlya xD I suppose xDDD Though other people will likely click! 😸 Thanks for the pings! ❤️

3,057 posts

jirachiwishmaker • 3 June 2018 at 11:09 PM

@grimwood

Ok I sent you my 25 links. How come the links you have to click on look like tiny diamonds?

Female
149 posts

grimwood • 4 June 2018 at 10:32 AM

@jirachiwishmaker
Simply put, more creatures can fit on a page and it uses a lot less space. The site was actually inspired by Magistream's Image Free Mine here: http://imagefreegoldmine.wikidot.com/index

@skyfall4
Omg, thanks so much for responding to all those questions. You're a real lifesaver 😃

Female
2,675 posts

jlya • 4 June 2018 at 1:24 PM

@grimwood
The Clicking Cove has been so helpful!!! 😱 It's much faster than anything else I've tried, and rewarding. 😃

@animalliterature check this out!

@skyfall4
You should consider becoming the co-manager! You've been really helpful answering all these questions. 😃

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 4 June 2018 at 1:45 PM

@grimwood @jlya
ahaha np ❤️ You weren't online so I answered them 😋 ❤️

3,057 posts

jirachiwishmaker • 4 June 2018 at 4:36 PM

@grimwood

Yeah I was so fooled at that cause I was looking for link names or links and instead just found tiny diamonds as the links. It's sure a space saver, but it's an ok site just needing ppl to use it's service is all to keep it going.

Female
149 posts

grimwood • 4 June 2018 at 5:05 PM

@jlya
@skyfall4
Huh, co-manager does sound good. Where's my knighting sword at? 😋

@jirachiwishmaker
Yeah, the authors are doing a great job and since I'll be going off to college soon, I won't be able to update as much.

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 4 June 2018 at 5:14 PM

@grimwood
Ahahahaha xD I have a plastic toysword in my inventory does that count? XD

Female
149 posts

grimwood • 4 June 2018 at 5:28 PM

@skyfall4
Sure! *grabs plastic sword* I dubb thee Miss skyfall4, the clicking cove's new co-manager!

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 4 June 2018 at 5:32 PM

@grimwood
XD *bows*

Female
2,675 posts

jlya • 4 June 2018 at 5:59 PM

@skyfall4 @grimwood
XD *claps* Congratulations, Sky!

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 4 June 2018 at 6:31 PM

@jlya
Why, thank you!

@bloom
@honeybearbee
Sorry if not interested ❤️

Female
1,426 posts

bloom • 4 June 2018 at 6:33 PM

@grimwood
Oh! This idea is actually REALLY cool! 😃DD

Female
149 posts

grimwood • 4 June 2018 at 7:23 PM

@bloom
Thank you 😸 Hopefully this'll make getting dream critters a bit easier (not for me though lol)

Female
1,426 posts

bloom • 4 June 2018 at 7:25 PM

@grimwood
I have hope in youuu!! Hm... can I be one of the authors? But I might need a bit of assistance. XD

Female
149 posts

grimwood • 4 June 2018 at 7:29 PM

@bloom
Sure! I'll send ya the info. in a PM 😉