Ideas for the new User Shops~ please give feedback and add on!

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 23 May 2018 at 7:34 PM

I spent a lot of time in the new User Shops lately, and I've come up with some ideas 😊 Aaand I say the official abbreviation of User Shops is US xD

1) New Shop Leaderboards
I think this is a huge thing as the shops that are not on any major leaderboard are rarely visited. I noticed only the shops on the "Largest Shop" and "Most Items" are really the only ones visited widely. So I thought the leaderboard could cycle through shops within a 1-20 item range, so each little shop has a chance to be seen. I think this would help some users greatly.

2) Price/rarity Search
I am one of those users who LOVE cheap things no matter what it is, as I have an item collection. Lately I have only come across SUPER overpriced items, and is having troubles finding any good deals at all. So maybe a price search would be nice? Maybe we could enter a range of đŸĒ™ and select whether we want individual prices and items or the average price of an entire shop. Being able to search by rarity would also be nice because maybe you want rare items but you don't know what you're looking for. This would definitely ease my $$$ spending, but I understand if this might mess up the site...

3) Ability to Sort Stocked Items at the Store Front
This is minor, but what if we wanted to sort our shop in a certain way? For example, there might be an item you want showcased but it's stuck at the bottom! Maybe you want it organized by price or category. MAYBE you are the type of person you LOVES color organizing 😉

4) Liking and Subscribing
Subscribing (from @totallynotjoey)- You may think this will come with lots of notifications whenever an items is added to a shop, but I was thinking of just one notification for each shop you follow every hour if they restock their shop. Kind of like the forums "follow" button, but no individual notifs for every item added to the US. Just one for every shop every hour.
Liking- I get it. You're going to say no to this because your thinking of all the BAD THUMBS DOWNS some people may get. Solution? Discard the dislike button. Only likes will be allowed. Why would I suggest this this though? It's just that it would be a great way to get recommendations of what shop is popular 😊

5) Item Rarity
Another extremely minor thing, could we have the rarity of an item listed below it like in the shops? This would be really helpful as I actually don't have a mental list of what's r100 😋

6) Sold Items Log
Now, for users with big shops or those people who want to know who bought what, this would be helpful. Right now, when an item disappears, you have no idea who bought it, and sometimes you forget what you sold. Some history of the item, price, and customer would be nice so you can figure out what is in demand and what is the best price.

If you have any ideas to add on to this list or any criticism, feel free to say it all! If you can, ping people maybe? I don't expect any of these to actually be used, so it's fine if you disagree 100% 😋

Pings:
@crown
@jlya
@degong
@musical_slytherclaw

*ahem* @Ian, if you don' mind? 😃

1,629 posts

icecloud101 • 23 May 2018 at 8:16 PM

@skyfall4
yes! ❤ī¸
support cast

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 23 May 2018 at 8:17 PM

@icecloud101
😃 Thank you! ^^

@thedarkarcher
@spectaclenest
(sorry!)

1,629 posts

icecloud101 • 23 May 2018 at 8:18 PM

@skyfall4
i think having a full list of ALL items, like an item archive would be cool and yeah

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 23 May 2018 at 8:23 PM

@icecloud101
Hmm that would be a great addition to the archive, but probably not the US... and it depends because there are likely over 2000+ items, and the creature archives only have almost 700.... o.o

Pings (sorry if you don't wanna check out the above ^^")
@budgie
@lazyanon
@greengrass100100

1,629 posts

icecloud101 • 23 May 2018 at 8:28 PM

@skyfall4
yeah owo
maybe I'll make one

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 23 May 2018 at 8:46 PM

@icecloud101
That's quite a lot of items you'll have to jot down x3

1,629 posts

icecloud101 • 23 May 2018 at 8:47 PM

@skyfall4
yes, and thanks
p.s.
when is EC's birthday this year?
i wanna know...

1,135 posts

lazyanon • 23 May 2018 at 8:48 PM

@skyfall4
I totally agree. I especially love the organizing one.

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 23 May 2018 at 8:52 PM

@icecloud101
Ermmm.... July 20 was it? Just check Ian's join date and it's probably correct xD

@lazyanon
😃 Great to hear! ^^

Pings (sorry)
@anna54
@animefan

1,629 posts

icecloud101 • 23 May 2018 at 8:55 PM

@skyfall4
thx (i'll send u a pm to tell u why)
i ❤ī¸ new orginization thingys

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 23 May 2018 at 8:56 PM

@icecloud101
Okie! ^^

Female
2,695 posts

jlya • 23 May 2018 at 10:30 PM

@skyfall4 I agree with all of the above!! It would be SO helpful to know what you sold, and who bought it, for what price, and I love the idea of cheap items search! There could be a lot of search results that show up, but I like the basic idea!
I also think that publicity for smaller shops is a problem. Whether your solution is the best way or the worst way, I do believe that the smaller shops need to be seen by more people, because not everyone wants a huge shop, or any of the other leaderboard things.

@power
@wigglytuff
@kalessin
(Sorry, guys!)

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 23 May 2018 at 11:14 PM

@jlya
😃 Thank you for your feedback!!! 😸 ❤ī¸ 😊 I really do hope the smaller shops will somehow find their way to a good business ❤ī¸

Female
2,918 posts

mairbear • 24 May 2018 at 2:03 AM

@skyfall4

One little thing about your first point: I think that's what the recently stocked option is for o: I'm not sure if there's a way for them to say which shops were newly 'created' since it appears to be that everyone starts off with an empty shop of 50 spaces. However, once you actually stock something, then your name appears on the recently stocked tab ^^ Although maybe a "visit random store" button that takes you to a random store with at least 1 item stocked could be interesting. I know I'd definitely be checking out more random stores if that existed ^^

LOVE all your other ideas though ❤ī¸ Especially the store front organization... I feel like that's a bare minimum since currently my shop looks like a mess and I'd like to arrange it by item type, rarity, and /or date! XD Also, I'd love to have a log of what I sold and for how much, but the identity of the buyer is not too important to me. This could potentially be something to vote on since I see pros and cons. Pro: comprehensive sales information Con: people contacting you because they've changed their mind about selling something.. which can be awkward o-o

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 24 May 2018 at 9:56 AM

@mairbear
Hey I've never thought about that! 😃 I random shop button would be nice, just make sure none of the empty shops are in the cycle 😋

XD I have like, 2 r100 items stuck at the bottom and it bothers me o.o

Hmmm..... maybe the user could hide their username if wanted? 😱 And the trade policy in the trade center would be nice- no refunds.

Female
812 posts

totallynotjoey • 25 May 2018 at 3:00 AM

@skyfall4
Lovin the ideas!
I personally like the ideas 2, 5, 6 (and 4 harhar)
If I think of any improvements I'll ping you (atm my mind is overloaded with tmi of forces and gravity and newtons and AAAAAAAAARARGHA- Ahem.) Uhhh anyways, I've got nothing to say other than I have nothing to say because the ideas are that amazing ❤ī¸

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 25 May 2018 at 10:12 AM

@totallynotjoey
XD Thank you for your opinion! ❤ī¸

Pings:
@bloom you are the only person I can think of rn o.o I have a sluggish brain xD

Female
1,426 posts

bloom • 25 May 2018 at 3:35 PM

@skyfall4
Haha, no problem! ^^ thaks for the pingngngg

I think the ideas are really good! They should be implemented into the game for sure!

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 25 May 2018 at 5:11 PM

@bloom
XD And thank you for your opinion!!! 😃

@klauenwolf
@wigglytuff

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 25 May 2018 at 5:21 PM

@skyfall4 I agree ❤ī¸

Female
38 posts

klauenwolf • 25 May 2018 at 6:05 PM

@skyfall4
I really like the first three points and totally agree with them.
Points 4-6 could be added, but i think, they are not a really "must-have".

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 25 May 2018 at 6:24 PM

@wigglytuff @klauenwolf
Thanks for your opinions guys! 😃

@tikimaki
@isathebelle
(sorry!)

Female
2,918 posts

mairbear • 26 May 2018 at 12:25 AM

@skyfall4
😊 Yup just stores with at least 1 item stocked ^^ Feel free to add that to your master list above~

And I totally feel you. I've got random r100 items everywhere cause I stocked them at different times ☚ī¸

And I just thought of something else today - we should also be able to filter/sort by item type when we're searching. Eg. I'm looking for colourful travels so I type in rainbow - the results are saturated with rainbow food items, books, etc so it's not useful. A little drop down where you can select an item type would solve that issue ^^

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 26 May 2018 at 12:28 AM

@mairbear
Oh all great ideas! I'll add them when I'm not on my phone because the tiny keyboard is such a pain~ almost as painful as my r100 item at the bottom xD

Yes I totally agree- I probably look for travels a lot, but I always have no idea what I need xD

Female
694 posts

dappne6 • 26 May 2018 at 12:43 AM

PLEASE PLEASE PUT NUMBER 6 ON! I THOUGHT IT HAD ONE AND TRIED TO FIND IT TODAY BUT IT DIDNT SO I HAD NO IDEA WHAT I SOLD

Female
62 posts

purrystitches • 29 May 2018 at 5:01 PM

It would be great if we could name our stores