Colosseum!

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
2,022 posts

budgie • 21 May 2018 at 5:49 PM

Im absolutely positive things like this have been suggested before. But recently my brother (who doesnt really come on anymore) has been reminiscing about the good old days where we found the aliens in that asteroid event. He got super into it, making typic charts, grinding a ton, and being active every day in general.

So...why cant we bring back something like that?

We can have wild dungeons where you can explore, grind, earn ec, items, etc. With certain themes like locations from the travels.

And then we can have a colosseum! Were user made and mod made competitions can be held--as well as user pvp. It doesn't need to be live combat--it can be turn by turn, updating whenever a user comes online to make a move.

And imagine having a little event every year where monsters can compete to be the very top! Crowned combat king/queen for the year! And needing to defend their title the next year, and the one after that! Edit: could maybe give an item called the champion belt, for item collections. But that might make getting 100% super frustrating

Of course to keep things fresh, Im thinking of a hands on stat progression per level up--like in certain mmo's and jrpg's. There can be a level cap at say...100, and for each level up certain stats go up--but then you're also given say ~5 points where you can spend wherever. This could also introduce a new cc item allowing you to remove the points you've poured into a stat and use them elsewhere. This would make each creature unique--and every species viable, unlike in other creature based fighting games where some species are just....less useful and therefore not used.

And of course the elements can come back, I was thinking each element could revolve around a different sort of stat gain. Say fire elements gain more stats in atk from a level up, but water elements gain more defence. Kinda like how in 'Fire Emblem' certain characters roll certain stats more often (or at least I think? Honestly haven't played a recent Fire Emblem game in awhile)

But to make stats more useful, we'll definetly need to broaden the moveset. If I recall, the event only gave creatures three moves? To make things more interesting we'll need more than that.

I'm bad at ending these kinds of posts, but who's with me?

1,628 posts

icecloud101 • 21 May 2018 at 6:02 PM

@budgie
totally! i've suggested something similar
pvp battles and such, like more minigames
❤️ full support

Female
2,022 posts

budgie • 21 May 2018 at 6:05 PM

@icecloud101 Yess more games ❤️
I find feeding coves as my #1 source of income to get boring super fast. Having different methods will make the game all around more fun and might keep new players around ^^"

Like, look at Neopets? Cut all those games out and what's even left to keep player's interest?

1,628 posts

icecloud101 • 21 May 2018 at 6:06 PM

@budgie
yea

Non-binary
1,218 posts

degong • 21 May 2018 at 7:15 PM

@budgie
Haha, yes, my thoughts exactly. 😸 I'm a little biased since I'm into Pokemon and all that, but that plot was super cool. O.o I was like your brother when it was active. xD I think I still have that table somewhere...

Female
2,022 posts

budgie • 21 May 2018 at 7:27 PM

@degong Im also into Pokemon, though I do kinda feel bad that some Pokemon are just set up for competitive failure ^^"

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 21 May 2018 at 7:35 PM

@budgie yesss love this idea so darn much ❤️

Female
2,022 posts

budgie • 21 May 2018 at 7:42 PM

@wigglytuff Thank you! ❤️
Would it be rude of me to maybe ping a mod?

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 21 May 2018 at 7:43 PM

@budgie nah.. I don't think so. Why not 😉

Female
2,022 posts

budgie • 21 May 2018 at 7:55 PM

@ian Heya ❤️
Sorry if pings like this are annoying

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 21 May 2018 at 8:21 PM

@budgie
Reminds me of Flight Rising 😋 I'd say we probably don't need this right now as quests and user shops have already taken our interest, but once everything settles perhaps this would be a good idea! 😃

Female
2,022 posts

budgie • 21 May 2018 at 8:23 PM

@skyfall4 Oh true, never know what quests might entail

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 21 May 2018 at 8:30 PM

@budgie
...unless quests INCLUDE this! 😱

Female
2,022 posts

budgie • 21 May 2018 at 8:39 PM