Helping Ease Rereleases

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Are you interested in rereleasing?

Male
682 posts

decay • 20 May 2018 at 6:18 AM

First and foremost, I have to say that obtaining creatures is becoming increasingly expensive. I enjoy this game very much however, Egg Cave is leaving quite a dent in my wallet and has become an expensive hobby.

Additionally, older creatures are getting increasingly harder to obtain because many users do not want to trade because of the value or their personal attachment. As a result, there is a large group of superior Eggcave users with older creatures which younger users cannot catch up to without becoming bankrupt.

Meanwhile, obtaining dream creatures is satisfying but after the initial excitement there is not much to do other than admire. Therefore, the prices for many creatures are ridiculous and are becoming ridiculous.

However, I understand that many users do not want to lose the value of the creature that they worked really hard for. For example, I wouldn't like my Rencup going less than 40$ because that's how much cc I paid.

As a result, I thought of a potential solution which could help bring some balance between older user's valuable pets and younger users thirst for older creatures. Perhaps Eggcave could add some type of golden or customizable border to those creatures which were initially released to indicate that they were original creatures that were not rereleased. When the older creature is rereleased then the border will not present or an alternate version of the border would be present.

Other solutions: ( no specific order)
1) Possible day / week where creatures get rereleased annually
2) Breeding
3) Contest Prizes
4) Account Purging with inactive accounts before June 23rd 2011
5) Oasis including retired creatures
6) Furniture for Creatures
7) Changing color of name

Thank you to everyone who discussed on this topic and a special thank you to
@grimwood
@applegranny
@luv *** ---> Gave a lot of insight!
@crown
@playermocha
@wonglikiu821
for thinking of these ideas!

Unfortunately, with all ideas there are drawbacks which could lead to potential problems. Some problems that I could potentially see are:
1) Eggcave potentially losing money because people aren't spending so much on valuable creatures.
2) How would Eggcave go about rereleasing creatures?
3) Some people would not like the borders or even find them tedious.
There are other potential problems however, I cannot think of them at this moment.

Please, with the help of other users, we could potentially have a solution to the impossible growing values of older creatures which definitely needs to be fixed because both younger and older users are becoming increasingly frustrated with the difficulty of obtaining dream creatures. Thank you.

Feel free to add on to this idea! The more people and opinions the better we could make this idea and come closer to a solution.

Pings (sorry):
@immortalraven
@crown
@wigglytuff
@wonglikiu821
@heartoffrost
@playermocha345

Female
116 posts

heartoffrost • 20 May 2018 at 6:21 AM

@dcmaster
i agree with you about this, but i need some time to think over the issues and some possible solutions!

Deleted • 20 May 2018 at 6:24 AM

@dcmaster Not a bad idea.. but truth is the difference between now and then right? It gets more expensive as the site grows, these creatures aren't really worth RL money to me, so I have no say on that, but a possible way to help is to have another less time-consuming but still ok way of getting EC?

Then, to save the pockets of people being spend, you can choose 2 ways. The fast, if you choose to buy CC straight from cash. It's your choice.
1) Err, another is to have a way to convert EC to CC, like what we do when trading for the CC vouchers. And have another use for these vouchers, maybe this is just a suggestion, but a custom-able small room to decorate? CC will be used to purchase furniture but the problem is that prices may be high too, so let's just forget that for now.
2) There could be something like one of those annoying free ways to get something purchasable, you know the games that advertise other games and have a goal? Like play Clash Royale until lvl 6 and receive 10 gems for Castle Story. Personally i dislike them as it really a bother. Perhaps change it to something else?

Deleted • 20 May 2018 at 6:32 AM

@dcmaster I agree, but personally I enjoy trying to get expensive cc critters, finding good deals to work my way up 😃 It's what I find so fun about this game 😊 I don't buy cc, so it's what makes it harder for me. (And of course others who don't too)
A border might not appeal to some users' tastes, so perhaps something more subtle? Hmm...what about the original critters can have a different colored name...? Lol idk, just my opinion ❤ī¸

Deleted • 20 May 2018 at 6:37 AM

I'm with @crown
Not planning on buying CC if possible as my wish is to obtain one of every creature if possible. Rereleasiing of creatures, have they done it multiple times before?

Male
682 posts

decay • 20 May 2018 at 6:41 AM

@heartoffrost Yeah, thinking of a solution is going to be complicated but I'm glad you agree with me c: Thanks for reading! Have a nice day!

@playermocha345 Yeah and the more the site grow the harder it becomes to obtain some creatures especially creatures like Doovoo, Macbot, and Tine which are worth so much now I believe somewhere around 1000$ which is insane. Even now, a Eurog is going for 12k cc which is about 100$ which is a lot for a creature. Thanks for reading c:

Sorry I didn't read your full post before replying. Yeah, those are awesome ideas actually! Also, I used to not spend cc and just gather a lot of ec but eventually feeding creatures got really time consuming and frustrating. Eventually, I was losing creatures to people who bought cc because they would get deals easier 😋 Then I started buying cc to get creatures. Maybe what we need is a better way to get ec based on your argument?

@crown
Yeah, it's really fun honestly! Working your way up and finding good deals for creatures is really interesting and entertaining but there comes a point where the creature start to get impossible to trade for. For example, the older creatures in the end of the rarity scale are extremely hard to get because few users have them and are usually unwillingly to trade usually because of sentimental reasons which is reasonable but it just makes it hard to progress which causes some users to get frustrated and eventually lose interest. I really like the idea of changing the color of the name or changing to something more subtle c: Thanks for reading and replying btw c:

Pings:
@rashka
@id2d
@mairbear
@applegranny
@silverserpent
@thedarkarcher

Female
258 posts

boop • 20 May 2018 at 6:48 AM

I agree with @crown that I like to work my way up to obtain creatures,
but I'd also like certain creatures like those released in 2009-2012 to be rereleased for maybe three days as a special event, so new players like us can catch up. 😊

Male
682 posts

decay • 20 May 2018 at 6:59 AM

@wonglikiu821
Thanks for reading and replying c:
Definitely! Maybe there could be a time of year where it's a week of rereleases similar to creature release week like a creature rerelease week.

Could you guys help with pings please? I need more opinions 😋 Thanks so much!

Pings:
@orderedchaos
@mastergemma
@megadash
@_black3333_
@blub

Female
812 posts

totallynotjoey • 20 May 2018 at 7:08 AM

@dcmaster
I've heard this idea a bunch of times but no one can find a good solution to it's many problems
I guess we could have a special time of year where (I think it should be one creature at a time) a creature gets re released for, say, a day, just so that it's worth doesn't go down toooo much
@skyfall4

Female
74 posts

id2d • 20 May 2018 at 7:14 AM

I to would like to see re-releases become a thing. As an old returning player, I missed out on quite a few creatures that I'd really like to own.

That being said, the only way I personally see something like this happening, is if the re-released creature is put into the Cash Shop, for something like 500-600cc. That way Eggcave is still able to make a profit, and players who really really wanted that older creature can buy it. I also imagine Eggcave would rotate the re-released creature every month or so, or only do it a few times a year. But yeah, it would be nice if the staff of Eggcave could do, something, about the community prices on some of the older creatures.

Male
682 posts

decay • 20 May 2018 at 7:15 AM

@totallynotjoey
Well I just wanted to take matters into my own hands honestly 😋 I felt really stagnant and felt the need to help find a solution but yeah the idea isn't too complicated 😋

Yeah I really like the idea of having a special time for rereleases that happen consistently.
Thanks for reading and pinging!

Pings:
@wild_wonders
@littleblush
@arvak
@lunar

Deleted • 20 May 2018 at 7:19 AM

@dcmaster lol littleblush is me

Female
258 posts

boop • 20 May 2018 at 7:34 AM

I think we can agree on a time where every year during those two days two random creatures from earlier years of eggcave are available for 200CC.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 20 May 2018 at 10:24 AM

@dcmaster thanks for the ping ^^

But tbh, I don't really like the idea of rerelease. Sorry ☚ī¸ I still think the csp and the end of the year sale is a good idea, tho.😊

Female
2,022 posts

budgie • 20 May 2018 at 10:51 AM

@dcmaster I understand its super frustrating when everything costs so much, but Im still kinda against the whole thing of rereleasing.

But maybe, EC could put a creature back into the cc shop--but for the same price as it is currently on the market? This would keep the value the same, so that people dont flip their lid, but also creates more of that specific creature in the market so its not as hard finding one uft.

Female
149 posts

grimwood • 20 May 2018 at 11:24 AM

@dcmaster
Huh, funny no one's brought up breeding as an option but, allow me to elaborate. I've been on a lot of different websites in the past few years such as: silvadopts, taleofdragons, dragoncave, DragonAdopters, Evodragon (when I was a kid), This is Halloween (just joined and it's an awesome site), FlightRising, Magistream, Draconis Theory, GPX Plus, and some others I've forgotten. Point is, I've seen a lot of different ways that these sites obtain money / give out valuable creatures and none of them are as expensive as this site. Yet, they are still very well off with money (except a few). The main question like so many people have brought up is 'How do we maintain the value of said creatures and still give Eggcave enough money to keep it running.' It's a very difficult question and not one solution will solve the problem. In fact, many solutions probably won't either. But, I'll use Magistream as my main example here for the following reasons:
1. Their funds come from the users and they are an advertisement free site.
2. There are donation shop creatures which can be purchased for real life money.
3. There is a trade system and auctions forum for creatures.
4. Many creatures are retired and/or shop bought.
Yet, I've been on there for maybe a month and I almost have enough gold to purchase a Vescatur (there are less than 500 on the entire site). Now, why is that? I didn't even spend a dime unlike on here.
The simple answer is breeding.
Yes, I know what you're thinking but hear me out. I've been on a lot of sites and have seen how people can obtain rare creatures/breed them. Again, Magistream will be my prime example since they've been running since 2009. For regular, shop/stream/quest creatures breeding is free and can be done once every three days. HOWEVER, not every breeding will be successful. Many retired creatures can be bred for 3 shards (equivelent to 3 real life dollars OR 150,000 gold (to trade for the shards)). All of these breedings will be successful. There are however, some rare cases where a creature cannot breed or is limited to a set number of breedings (commonly one or two).
This leads me to how eggcave can go about "rereleasing" creatures.
1. Implement breeding.
2. For the rarest creatures, hardest to obtain ones, have a set number of breedings for them (or none at all, whatever the Mods decide on what's best).
3. For retired creatures, have something similar to the 'shard payment for breeding' in place to ensure Eggcave still gets their money (I love this site to much to not give them other ways to make money and keep going ❤ī¸) .
4. List lineages on a creature's profile so that 'Parentless' creatures will be worth more than their offspring (this is how it works on Magistream)

If you'd like to look into this concept further. Visit the website I got these ideas from and look around. If you have any questions feel free to PM me here or on my Magistream account.
P.S Sorry for the rant, but I think it's crazy how expensive things have gotten.

EDIT: Forgot to mention I had someone offer me a retired, parentless, donation creature for 500,000 gold. I found a user who breeds the exact same creature for only 150,000 gold. Thought I'd throw that out there 😊

Female
158 posts

applegranny • 20 May 2018 at 12:19 PM

Hi! Thanks for the ping!
I agree and I think you have most of the arguments covered here, so I will just add a few things:
I believe that the oasis was originally introduced as a way to "find" retired eggs but it never has been used with the abandon that I, for one, had anticipated. There may be a reason for the limitations on what is there, but it certainly could, at least in theory, be used for more exciting offerings.
I am suspicious that we are about to undergo another round of off-site traders; just a few little clues that I recognize from past experience. This is, besides being against the rules, really detrimental to the site and it's economy. Anything that would nip that in the bud would be good, in my opinion.
The user sales idea that I see in the front page this morning would, certainly, help a lot and would receive my whole hearted support for just that reason.
And, of course, the obvious admonitions that any self-respecting granny must offer: just remember that this isn't real life and, as frustrating as it may be at times, does not effect the rising of the sun. Don't spend money that you can't afford on things that don't really exist; take a break if you need to be less possessed with Eggcave stuff. We'll be here when you get back! Now if someone will PLEASE just sell me a draqua. . . .

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 20 May 2018 at 5:07 PM

@dcmaster
I totally agree and to be honest if I can get the last of the ones I need I don't care if they lose value even with the boatload of money I spent on this game.
Though I know others would so re-releasing can't be too easy cause ya can't just snub the ones that would feel way different than I.

I need to think a bit on possible ways. Right now I don't particularly feel like thinking about it.

I regret even finding this site to be honest. I'm so frustrated with not getting the last 5 I really want and with others things on here that combined I have started to really become less inclined to be here. I'd leave if I hadn't spent so much money on here. But I stay because of that fact. I'd be on more and happier if trying to trade wasn't so annoying because other than trading there is not much to do. I have become more of a hermit on here because of stupid crap I've gone through on here and that most the people I talked to a lot aren't on anymore. I only really ever get messages for trades [of which they either under offer or I am too attached and am only looking for one of the 5 I seek] or for value help [which I don't mind] I am getting to the point where I'm probably gonna have to trade those better critters for CC cause I don't wanna buy more CC if I'm only gonna buy newer critters with it and get nowhere with getting the older ones I want. Only good side to that is I'm helping someone get an older critter for just CC instead of forking over another older critter which most don't like to trade anymore. It's gotten to the point I wanna pull my hair and flip the table. Oh that and the cove expansions costing so much in EC. I want a CC unlimited one that was said a maybe a long time ago lol. Cove expansions make me wanna cry >.>

Sorry that was kinda a rantish thing but needed to get it out. I know some other probably feel this too. Like 95% sure that 95% of the population have some frustration of not getting the critters they really want.

But I'll think of some things and look over what others thought later.

Female
2,022 posts

budgie • 20 May 2018 at 6:46 PM

@grimwood I would be so down with breeding. People who own valuable creatures can keep the value in their own hands--but it also makes new creatures available on the market for people to even have a chance at getting. Also EC can make more money when people buy two of a cc creature to breed--and it'll make mars and venus stones more coveted as well!

Deleted • 20 May 2018 at 7:29 PM

@dcmaster
oh yeees
i agree
i know the downsides......it's gonna be real hard!
i think maybe a compromise?
like the creature's price does go up as the rarity encreases
maybe a LE rerelease date? or week? or something like that
like, a special day/period of time where (not toooo rare) LE's are rereleased

Non-binary
2,849 posts

luv • 20 May 2018 at 7:35 PM

@dcmaster
(This is honestly going to get really long I'm sure, I'm sorry)

Ian, in 2015, "I do see that it's important to leave previously-released Cash Shop Park creatures sold under these words as retired. And to keep our promise... retired forever."

This was in the original species re-release discussion, along with a myriad of other suggestions people tried to talk out and Ian's feedback on most of them. The topic is here, if you want to check it out: https://eggcave.com/forums/topic/55724

So that does, inevitably, put a damper on re-releases, as that means no CC creature released before 1 Sept 2015 will be re-released, as per Ian's promise. As for my own opinion, well, I try to remain impartial as much as possible even though I do have a pretty strong opinion, because I understand I have experienced two very different sides to this. Let's take the four probably most desired things in my cove, for example (in order): onny, tine, nym, ignis. Of those four, three of them were free to me. My tine, ignis, and nym were all gifts throughout the years, and I didn't pay a cent. My onny, on the other hand, is (I believe) one of the highest-selling creatures in Egg Cave's history: 82,000cc. Very different circumstances.

That being said, I've spent a lot of time thinking of solutions. I'm not the old user who wants to run around screaming "I have it so you can't!" at everyone. I was there in 2011, and I benefitted from it. I understand that handouts are great, why wouldn't they be, and I've had my share of gifts. As well, as you can see, I have a treelar, florn, roo, and foo in my cove. Only one of those was from 2009, and it was the only one I had to work hard for. Still, I agree with Ian and the original discussions on that side. Cash shop pets were promised to have retired forever. I'm not sure I would have spent upwards (well upwards) of 50k on one if it was just going to come back someday. On the other hand, I do understand that some sort of change is necessary. The cove I have is not just because of how hard I worked (well, parts of it are, but not all of it), but also an extraordinary amount of luck. I met nice users who I exchanged gifts with over the years that we've both benefited greatly from. I've had friends quit and trust me with their things. Really, my cove is a product of one simple sentence: I've been here for seven years. This is sort of just what happened with a lot of old users. Not all of them, but a lot. However, that'll continue to happen as everyone gets older, it's not as if my case is particularly extraordinary. When I got most of my gifts, they were worth as much, or slightly more, as CSPs available now.

So what are the solutions? I'll list a couple that came from this topic and the previous one and my thoughts on them, and if you want to add anything, feel free.

1) Breeding
No offense to @grimwood but I'm not sure breeding is feasible. That's a major change to announce this late in the game, and having been on sites that employed that concept before, I believe it's a massive change from a coding standpoint too that might prove very difficult to implement. It's an intriguing idea though. It doesn't appeal to me as much for a variety of reasons, but I love that you're taking initiative about the issue and trying to propose solutions.

2) Re-release
Ian has now stated that CSP pets won't be re-released. I agree with this wholeheartedly, as it goes back on Egg Cave's promises of "retired forever" if they do. Although I would not be totally opposed to a cave creature (cave creatures being defined as CRWs, cave monthlies, special event creatures, etc) re-release, but probably not just directly back into the cave, some sort of limited number/challenge would be necessary (pretty sure Ian stated that too).

3) Contests
Anyone who was around for the one billion view contest will remember the prize was one of whatever creature the winner desired. Something like that coming around every year on Egg Cave's birthday, where a user was chosen at random and got to choose one retired creature, wouldn't skew any values. It's one creature a year, after all.

4) Account purging where creatures are recirculated after a certain period of inactivity
Ian was strongly against this one, and I agree to an extent. As a user who has disappeared (for over a year/two years probably) many times, I'd be devastated to return and find my account emptied and given away to other users. That being said, there's one way that could work without anyone being disappointed, but the only issue is I have no idea how many (or more appropriately, how few) accounts would qualify. My idea was that any account that hasn't been logged into since before June 23rd, 2011 should have its remaining creatures recirculated back into Egg Cave. The date seems really specific, but the reason is that's the day when level 2000 creatures being immortal was introduced. So anyone that hasn't logged in since before then would have been leaving their cove to die, as they wouldn't have known there was any way for their pets to survive. Thus, they're likely never to return as they'd be expecting empty coves. The problem would be that there's probably a very short window where this applies, in which accounts would have had to have been active mid to late March of 2011 but not past June 23rd, otherwise, all their creatures would have run out of Tim's (if they had it). It also only applies to immortal creatures as the rest would be gone. So I have no idea how many creatures are still alive from accounts that haven't been active since before June 23rd, 2011, but I do think that could be a solution no one would disagree with.

Well that was terribly rambly. Sorry about that, but I hope some of the general ideas were still conveyed.

Male
682 posts

decay • 20 May 2018 at 8:59 PM

Honestly guys I'm really ecstatic that we are actually discussing the topic because that's what I wanted in the first place. I've heard many ideas which are really great which i'm going to post them on the main topic post.
I wanted to ask @wigglytuff and @budgie for their opinion because they're against rereleasing I just need more opinions i'm sorry if I'm calling you out a bit 😋

Pings:
@emo_pattys
@chihiro_sang
@jirachiwishmaker
@mindassala

3,057 posts

jirachiwishmaker • 20 May 2018 at 9:25 PM

@dcmaster

I do believe that re-releases are absolutely necessary so that nothing does retire permanently. As what @Ian has stated before in past discussion about this he never wanted any creature to become unobtainable because it's retired. To keep the site going you need new creatures and old creatures to pop up so that people are always interested in collecting them. It's the main hobby on here is to be able to collect eggs and creatures to your hearts content even if it means hoarding something you really really love. To keep everyone's passion and hobby going you'd want creatures to be available even old ones. Old ones that can be kept to getting just once a year as a re-release and the condition of getting them would mean you can get just one of them. And however way it may be obtained whether thru the cave of surprise, or thru the cash shop it will keep everyone happy and it will also be an event that everyone would look forward to, so they'll have to logon to be able to get the creature. I see this as a positive aspect to keep things moving forward here on eggcave.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 20 May 2018 at 10:08 PM

@dcmaster um ok

Well, then creatures would first gain value, and like right before the creature is rereleased someone would trade a heck of a ton for it then well... you know what happens.

Female
1,422 posts

rashka • 20 May 2018 at 10:26 PM

I would REALLY love to get some older creatures in any fair way possible, and as the possible way for now is like impossible to do, i won't spend that much to get older creatures and cloned or not genuine creatures could be fine to get my collection completed!

Female
149 posts

grimwood • 20 May 2018 at 10:41 PM

@budgie
Thanks for the feedback! And yeah, I figured that EC could make some more money from the Mars/Venus stones because of it.
@luv
No offence taken 😊
I do agree with you as well it would be a major change and a hard one to code/implement at that. I took a class on Java and wanted to tear my hair out just trying to code a mock postal service system. I actually dropped the class, but that's besides the point. But, seeing where we're going this solution or the yearly prize creature might be our best bets at this rate. Regardless, something needs to be done before I go bald.
@immortalraven
I absolutely agree with you, creature prices are absolutely INSANE compared to what they used to be. In 2012, I had gotten my Skrulline for 100,00 EC from an auction. Funny thing was, there were four or five other Skrulline auctions running at the same time. So I got to pick and choose what I wanted back then.
@dcmaster
No problem! I'm glad a bunch of well known members are bringing this issue up! Anyways, regardless of the solution, something does need to be done about this. Something should have actually been done a while ago but I'll leave you guys with some math.
Skrulline 2012 (what I got ShortStuff for): 100,000 EC
Skrulline 2018: 800CC or 8,000,000 EC
How much has it increased?:
Increase = New Number - Original Number
Increase = 8,000,000 - 100,000
Increase = 7,900,000
Now take 7,900,000 and divide it by 100,000 (the original number)
That gives us 79
Lastly, multiply 79 by 100 to get the percent of increase
So, this creature has an approximate price increase of 7,900%
Now, I'm no expert, but this isn't good.

310 posts

chihiro_sang • 21 May 2018 at 9:17 PM

I kind of agree with your points, as someone who's been on the site from 2009 I can attest that it can be ridiculous to get some creatures. I'm not sure how the drawbacks may effect the site though.

Female
2,873 posts

mairbear • 24 May 2018 at 1:41 AM

Some very interesting points brought up from all parties 😊 I think we've been revisiting the re-release idea every so often and personally, I think that it should be done but that it does need to be done carefully. How that can be achieved, I'm not too sure so let me put in my 2 cents on some of the ideas that I've read:

Set period where certain creatures are released - I don't like this because no matter how short that time-frame, it still gives everyone the creature and that would change things too drastically for those creatures selected. And it wouldn't change things at all for whatever creatures that are not selected. Case in point, think about how much the rarity of cave monthlies change from day 1 to day 2 each month.

Altering the appearance of creatures via borders, text colours etc - I'm sorry but I don't like this idea at all ☚ī¸ Eggcave images are tiny and changing up those things would make the critters too messy. And the colours could clash with backgrounds that users have already chosen for their creatures.

Breeding - I'm not too sold on this one, but if it were properly controlled and had costs associated to it then perhaps this could be an option. I think that %success rate is a good idea, and perhaps also setting the price in relation to how long a creature has been retired for. Indirectly, this could be a way for eggcave to control the prices of critters since users would be able to use the breeding costs to determine values of creatures. However.... I also see problems with that since creatures released within the same year could vary drastically in value and I don't know how feasible it is for eggcave to control values since then, they might as well start selling all retired creatures in the Cash Shop for set prices :/ Hmm okay now I'm not sure about this option at all ^^;

Contest prizes - I like this idea since it would be small numbers of creatures, granted to users who are likely to keep them as opposed to trading and therefore that equals opportunity to obtain wishlist creatures without impacting the economy too much. On that note, I would like to see more contests and events hosted by eggcave. There's very little to do on this website and also very little incentive to interact with other users apart from the role play forums (which not everyone does).

Oasis - I had the same impression of the oasis when it was first released tbh! I thought there would be the possibility of retired event creatures appearing but it turned out just to be retired cave commons. I like the idea of introducing old retired species to the oasis as this provides a randomized chance for random creatures to slowly re-enter into circulation 😊 The only problem with how the oasis is set up is that the users that camp out there will obviously benefit the most and I know that not everyone is able to stay on eggcave for hours at a time!

So all in all, I guess the big thing for me would be having a controlled and randomized way (i.e. people are getting different retired creatures) to *slowly* reintroduce retired species ^^ My favourite idea would be through contests since that would also mean we would get a few more contests which would also equal more things to do around here ^^

And now I should really go to sleep lol. Thanks for the ping @dcmaster! I'd love to see where this discussion leads and whether anything comes of it ^^

Female
558 posts

telekinec • 24 May 2018 at 7:59 AM

@dcmaster

I wasn't pinged but I've stumbled upon this conversation and I'd like to add my two cents. I'm with @wigglytuff and @budgie, on this. I'm an old user, I've been here since 2010 (yea I'm the lurking type xD), I've seen all the changes Egg Cave has gone through, I've come on here, then left, then come back so many times, you wouldn't believe. I like the fact that when you're an old user, you benefitted from being on here (or any game, really) quite long and you've gotten a few creatures for yourself along the way that are worth so much more now. It's gonna sound really greedy, but I like how my creatures are valued. I like to fight to get creatures I want. But don't get me wrong, I don't feel in any ways superior to any one on Egg Cave, I'm quite friendly to helping people if I can.

Back in the days, there weren't any immortal creatures, Leaf of Vaka, etc. that could help save a creature when the user left, that's why they are that much rarer now (with the sentimentality people give to the remaining creatures). I agree with the fact that it's hard to get creatures you want, but please be patient. Your account will get it's own value as the time goes, just like mine did. You can't always get what you want right now and right away. Also, it's a choice you make to spend CC on creatures. I've never been forced to buy CC, but I have: to accelerate buying creatures, for their views/clicks/feeds, etc. The whole point of Egg Cave is to feed/click/view creatures so you can get EC to help yourself. I know it's tedious and long, but grinding is the point of the game.

As for the arguments... I've seen a lot of thoe conversations pop up through the years and nobody has found a convenient solution for old and new users. Right now, in the state I find the game in, I feel like @luv has the best solutions. I'm still not okay with re-releases, but I do get the other point of views on here and I think @luv has the best solutions yet.

I hope I haven't been too harsh xD Please don't throw me any rocks 😊

Non-binary
2,849 posts

luv • 24 May 2018 at 10:07 AM

@telekinec
Maybe I'm a bit biased because I'm flattered (thank you! ❤ī¸) but I think you were pretty fair in your points, and I agree. As an old user it's not my goal to "punish" anyone for not joining back when I did by not letting them get their dream creatures, but similarly I do think it's fair that those users who have been around the longest reap some of the natural benefits of that, and yes, selfish as it may seem, I also like the worth of my cove. I started with nothing and haven't really ever spent more than $50, maybe $100 if I'm really pushing it of my own money on cc, years ago now. So I am proud of what I've done, but I still want new users to have the chance. Which is why I think some sort of change is necessary, I just don't think it can be as drastic as people might want it to be.