Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 9 May 2018 at 8:17 PM

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▒█▄░▒█ ░▀░ █▀▄▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀
▒█▒█▒█ ▀█▀ █░▀░█ █▄▄█ █▄▄▀ █▀▀
▒█░░▀█ ▀▀▀ ▀░░░▀ ▀░░▀ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀

I know it's early, but nobody said I can't suggest a Halloween creature in the middle of MAY!!!!! xDDDD

Art: http://fav.me/dcb3pko
Egg
Wrapped in a veil of ominous mist, the obsidian egg appears to be untouched. It’s glossy black surface reflects the night sky, and the veil of mist resembles a galaxy. Whenever something comes into close proximity of the egg, the mist seems to attempt to consume the object, whether it is a creature or a rock. As beautiful as this night egg may seem, many fear the curse of the Nimare egg. Rumor has it that if the obsidian eggshell comes in contact with something else, even the lightest touch will give way for the shadows to consume the object or creature. This myth has not been confirmed for no one is even tempted to turn towards the dark side...

Creature
The Nimare itself is a lonely creature. Despite it’s entrancing appearances and flowing galaxy mane, it seems to have a dark aura that instills fear in everything living being around it, driving them away. Around Halloween, Arkians refrain from staying up too late, for they fear the wrath of the Nimare. In truth, young Nimares are very desperate for love and will always accept kindness. As it grows, it will realize creatures always flee from it, and the Nimare’s true colors will show: it will hate every single being it sees, the main reason being that it believes it is being ignored. The Nimare’s distress is also caused by the fact that no one seems to be awake to enjoy the night and to admire the Nimare’s stunning “beauty” leading to its sworn enemy being daylight.

If you can guess who this is based off of…. Well, good job then xD
#creaturesuggestion @skyggestions

Pings (sorry!)
@prairie
@ifi123
@musical_slytherclaw
@crown
@thedarkarcher
@jlya

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 9 May 2018 at 8:39 PM

@skyfall4

I immediately thought it was going to be a horse once I saw the name. xD
Definitely notice the resemblance to nightmare moon from MLP, even though I've only seen a few pics. That might cause there to be a slight redesign if it is chosen.

But still, I love the colors so much!! 😃 😃
The description is nice too! ❤️

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 9 May 2018 at 8:50 PM

@prairie
XD Yeah I don't mind if they redraw it 😊 I'd be happy if it's made, even with changes 😋

Thank you!!! 😸

@sodabearjess
@achimenes
@telekinec

Deleted • 9 May 2018 at 8:53 PM

@skyfall4 Beautiful!! ❤️

@rashka
@hugh519
@heather519

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 9 May 2018 at 8:55 PM

@achimenes
Thank you! 😸 And thanks for the pings! ❤️

@carnesiel
@cloudslay3r

1,628 posts

icecloud101 • 9 May 2018 at 9:54 PM

@skyfall4 beautifilly!
@prairie i agree, it looks a lot like nightmare moon from mlp, but i still love it, kinda like how the gliyon looked like a fenneking from pokemon
nightmare moon https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/villains/images/8/8f/Nightmare_Moon.png/revision/latest?cb=20130106212744 or luna https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/mlp/images/f/f9/FANMADE_Princess_Luna_vector_by_MUMEPR.png/revision/latest?cb=20130722023113
fennekin https://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/3/3d/653Fennekin.png/250px-653Fennekin.png

Female
1,422 posts

rashka • 9 May 2018 at 10:49 PM

i really love it too and i too know about nightmare moon and saw the similarity to it and the name also give a clue nightmare - nimare

but i really do love it! 😃

Female
1,106 posts

musical_slytherclaw • 9 May 2018 at 10:58 PM

@skyfall4 o.o So pretty! I love it - the description and the design~

@mechanicalheart
@rainbownya

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 9 May 2018 at 11:09 PM

@icecloud101 @rashka @musical_slytherclaw
Thank you!!!! 😸❤️

@degong
@bloom

Female
1,689 posts

cloudslay3r • 9 May 2018 at 11:21 PM

@skyfall4

Amazing as ever ❤️

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 9 May 2018 at 11:25 PM

@cloudslay3r
😸❤️😃

@budgie
@toplel
@playermocha345

Female
1,935 posts

mechanicalheart • 9 May 2018 at 11:28 PM

@skyfall4

I absolutely love the design and description, it's design is so pretty and the detail and word choice used for the description makes it even better as it's not too complex nor boring. It'd definitely be something I'd look to have in my cove.

And I agree with everyone else, it reminds me a lot of nightmare moon from mlp (watched a few episodes that was once played on treehouse a long time ago [child me found treehouse a very amusing channel] with her in it and as soon as I saw the art she was the first thing I thought of. )

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 9 May 2018 at 11:31 PM

@mechanicalheart
Aww thank you! 😸❤️ I'm glad you like it! 😃 And yes, that is who I based it off of 😉

@valorie100
@icesparkle22
@rowina

Deleted • 9 May 2018 at 11:59 PM

Hope it comes out in the Cave. I will want to hoard this Nimares. Nightmare Moon is actually one of my favorite MLP characters.

1,628 posts

icecloud101 • 10 May 2018 at 6:49 AM

@playermocha345
omg me toooo
i love it
sooooooo pretty

Non-binary
1,218 posts

degong • 10 May 2018 at 9:14 AM

@skyfall4
Is that Nightmare Moon? O.o

I kinda like it! 😸 I just feel like some redesigning might need to happen since Nightmare Moon is copyrighted and all that. Anyway, I do like the Nimare! ^^ The palette looks really nice, and the description kind of makes me sad. ;n; Poor Nimare~ But I do really like the description. 😃 Haha, good luck with getting it made! I support. 😸

Female
2,022 posts

budgie • 10 May 2018 at 9:21 AM

@skyfall4 Oooh, I love it o:
Reminds me a of Nightmare Moon

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 10 May 2018 at 10:06 AM

@playermocha345 @icecloud101
Thank you! 😃
@degong
Yeah, I'm expecting that if they even choose this xD I liked the story between Luna and Celestia, and thought it would be a good Halloween suggestion 😸 Thank you! ❤️
@budgie
Thank you! ❤️

@marner

Female
242 posts

amethyst_elf448 • 10 May 2018 at 1:05 PM

It's really cool and I would definitely get one!

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 10 May 2018 at 1:25 PM

@amethyst_elf448
Thank you! 😃 😸

@raindrops
@wolfplay245
@pamela
@icymuffin
Sorry! 😋

Female
569 posts

wolfplay245 • 10 May 2018 at 1:33 PM

@skyfall4

HOLY COW! this is amazing! The art is spectacular and the description is incredibly interesting and moving XD i would love to see these cosmic creatures roaming ark and especially in my cove!

Female
3,796 posts

sparklefox • 10 May 2018 at 2:15 PM

@skyfall4 - It's just a recoloured character from MLP...?

I can understand basing creature suggestions off things, but it's not really a great idea to just blatantly copy it like this (I'm not sure how much of its description is based off this character, but a little bit of it seems familiar from what I've heard about her from places). Sorry, but no. I'm not really a big fan of this.

I've also been wanting to mention this to you for a while, but I've kinda held it back. Not all devices can read most smallcaps letters, or any at all. Yeah, I know, they look nice - but this is just a little pet peeve of mine when I see people use custom fonts like this so much. I'm sorry, I'll just be quiet now and stop being a grump.

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 10 May 2018 at 2:43 PM

@sparklefox
I didn't copy it right off the page. I didn't even look at a mlp image while drawing this- I used my memory because I knew if I used an image as reference it'll look even more like nightmare moon. But yes. I am completely aware it resembles Nightmare Moon.

Really? 😱 I didn't know :c sorry about that!

Female
3,796 posts

sparklefox • 10 May 2018 at 4:30 PM

@skyfall4 - I put myself into a great mood and used the wrong words. This is why I shouldn't reply to things while annoyed. Yay.

I wasn't really trying to say you copied it word-for-word - or right off anything. It just looks really similar.

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 10 May 2018 at 4:35 PM

@sparklefox
I understand 😊 Bad moods put everything off 😱

Yes I know 😊 😋

@wolfplay245
TYSM!!!! 😸 ❤️😃

@klauenwolf
Sorry! 😋

Female
5,402 posts

Orderedchaos • 10 May 2018 at 5:00 PM

Egg Cave can not create creatures that are based off of copyrighted material. Doing so would be copyright infringement and could lead to the closure of the site. This idea, while not traced, is so heavily based off of existing copyrighted material that is little difference between the two.

Due to the reason above this topic is now closed. This is not saying that you can't continue to create creature suggestions, just please suggest your own original ideas and not something so heavily based off of other ideas.