The Deogol- Creature Suggestion

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
1,935 posts

mechanicalheart • 2 May 2018 at 3:31 PM

#Creaturesuggestions

So I guess I'm going to actually try it, I'm afraid of it being similar to some creature already created. Especially so since I haven't looked through archives too much or at descriptions or anything as I didn't want to end up accidentally infusing another idea into my own original. Anyways, crossing my fingers that it isn't similar or too similar to an already created creature. (If it is just notify me and I'll try and switch it up a lil')

Oh and this is my first creature suggestion so critisism, tips, advice, comments, etc are all welcomed and encouarged so I can improve or keep trying to do certain things that people like. Here we go-

Species Name: Deogol

Image drawn by @mechanicalheart- http://fav.me/dcag46f

Uses To Evolve- Views.

*Stages and views needed to get to said stage*
Stage One (Egg Stage) Achieved at 0 views- Stage Two (First evolution) Achieved at 300 views- Stage Three (Last Stage) Achieved at 600 views.

Date: ???

Habitat: Ocean

Height: 1.4 meters

Weight: 100 lbs.

Obtained from: ???

Description by @mechanicalheart

Description-

About the egg:
Deogol eggs are multiple shades of blue and seem to be extremely squishy, also feeling quite slimy though they will not leave anything that touches it feeling wet or slimy itself. The egg has two sandpaper like fins located near the top of the egg and a grey rough cover over the front that doesn't seem to come off, much like an unremovable mask. These eggs are extremely delicate, one wrong move and they could shatter making it really hard to raise.

About Creature:
Deogols are often described as fish-like creatures, often they can only be found hiding in oceans but ocasionally one will have the courage to emerge onto land until something scares it back. Deogols are born with an unusual wooden shield and mask, both of which are unremovable unless broken into many small pieces thus leaving the Deogol extremely vulnerable.
Deogols are gentle creatures and despite their semi-weird or creepy looking appearance and sharp teeth they wouldn't hurt a fly.
Most Deogols tend to live out their short lives alone but a small few find themselves owners that are as gentle and careful as the Deogol themself.
The reason behind Deogols being such gentle scaredy cats is because they're very delicate, even an accidental bump can shatter part of it's fragile body. It's sheild and mask playing a very important role to protect it from shattering completely.

So there it is, my creature suggestion- The Deogol. (So nervous posting this, I feel like I messed up something accidentally.)

Pings (Sorry to botherO.o) (Pings would be appreciated.)

@icecloud101
@playermocha345
@wigglytuff
@skyfall4
@musical_slytherclaw

1,628 posts

icecloud101 • 2 May 2018 at 3:42 PM

@mechanicalheart
Pretty and interesting! One suggestion if you don't mind. The 1st and 2nd stages look very similar. Maybe add more to the last stage and change the pose?

Female
96 posts

eggslover • 2 May 2018 at 3:43 PM

Wow. I have done one creature suggestion before and it was a bajillion times worse then this... This is great!!!!!!!

Female
1,935 posts

mechanicalheart • 2 May 2018 at 3:53 PM

@eggslover
Thanks!! I'm sure yours was great.

@icecloud Thank you and yeah, I had no clue what to do for the second stage so I ended up just making it really similar to the last which probably wasn't the best idea. Thanks for the suggestion.

Female
96 posts

eggslover • 2 May 2018 at 3:57 PM

@mechanicalheart Your welcome! But seriously it was bad... https://eggcave.com/forums/topic/66719 that's the link if you want to see it.

Female
1,935 posts

mechanicalheart • 2 May 2018 at 4:04 PM

@eggslover I think it's pretty cool and I bet if you were to remake it now you'd be able to make it even cooler than before. I like the ivy idea and stuff though.

I think the only reason mine is decent is because I've been writing for a few years and the picture I think came out decently because it's not heavily similar to a real animal.

Female
96 posts

eggslover • 2 May 2018 at 4:19 PM

@mechanicalheart

Ok, maybe I'll give it a try.

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 2 May 2018 at 4:38 PM

@mechanicalheart
It's a very interesting suggestion! 😸 I'd suggest change up the 2nd and 3rd stages, as they look extremely similar.

Female
1,935 posts

mechanicalheart • 2 May 2018 at 7:27 PM

@skyfall4 @icecloud101
Thanks both for the suggestion, I've updated the second stage a little.
(I don't know why I started it over as it took way too long for the little bit I added XD. Further suggestions will just be noted for next time I decide to make a creature suggestion, don't want to be editing this too much especially since I'm not sure if it's even allowed to edit a creature suggestion after it's posted.)

Anyways, it's not a huge change but it makes it a bit more different from the 3rd stage.

1,628 posts

icecloud101 • 2 May 2018 at 8:22 PM

@mechanicalheart
Cool! I like it a lot.

Female
391 posts

redflipflap • 15 May 2018 at 8:19 PM

I rly love the color scheme for this!!