Site Trivia

in Help & Questions

Female
133 posts

vos • 22 April 2018 at 5:23 AM

Yesterday's question was if the Raihon's HEIGHT was 0.6 m. I answered False because it's LENGTH is 0.6 m and was told my answer is incorrect. Why was I incorrect? When did height become the same as length?

Deleted • 22 April 2018 at 8:04 AM

@vos
Length=Height ???
Oh, some creatures they use height, for other creatures they use length as they measure the length sometimes the height other times.
*shrugs* check ohter creatures in the archives, some are length
some are height

Female
133 posts

vos • 22 April 2018 at 9:43 AM

@playermocha345

I'm pretty good at maths. Height is quite a different thing to length. It is FALSE to say that the Riahon's height is 0.6 m when it is it's length is 0.6 m. Egg Cave owes me 10 k egg coins and probably a whole lot of other people who know the difference between height and length.

Deleted • 22 April 2018 at 10:07 AM

@vos "Shhh Shhh" Don't get too mad. Just go with the flow and look at the numbers alone. It's just a game. To me at least. Smile and look forward to the next day/night

Female
258 posts

boop • 22 April 2018 at 10:47 AM

@vos I can give you 10k ec if you want???

Female
133 posts

vos • 22 April 2018 at 11:57 PM

@wonglikiu821

Ty for your very kind offer - very lovely of you. I don't need the ec.

It's the principal. My answer was clearly correct but was judged wrong. That's what's got the bee in my bonnet. Don't the people in charge of trivia know the difference between height and length? :/

3 posts

onomatopoeia • 25 April 2018 at 4:59 PM

Vos is right, length and height are quite different.
I got that trivia wrong too for the same reason. I thought they were trying to be clever and trip us up on technical wording. Now I know to dumb the questions down instead of think about them I guess. :/

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 25 April 2018 at 5:25 PM

@vos I understand :C I believe it's a typo, as i think what really matters is the the number. But you are quite correct- height and length are two completely different things.

Hey whoever is in charge of the Trivia, it'd be nice if you could fix the error before too much confusion happens IF the question shows up again!

Female
133 posts

vos • 26 April 2018 at 2:57 PM

Thanks EggCave >

You have been awarded 10,000 EC for entering the Site Trivia on 04-21. The system answer was incorrect and it was our fault. Enjoy an extra 10,000 EC on us! ~devs

😊

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 26 April 2018 at 3:59 PM

@vos
Yaayyyyyyy!!!!! 😊

Female
8 posts

mccarthy222 • 2 June 2018 at 7:43 PM

I wondered why some creatures have length and others have height, hmmmm. I guess it just bases itself on the body shape. height and length count as the same thing though, if that answers your question XD

Female
4,593 posts

mastergemma • 2 June 2018 at 10:27 PM

@vos @playermocha345 @skyfall4 @mccarthy222

It is not important if it is length or height but rather if the actual number is correct or not. In this case it was 0.6 and as the number is the same in the Archives and in the question, we can say true. We are not trying to say that height is the same as length as these are usually different measurements.

From the last time it happened, the Site Trivia future questions were combed to prevent this from happening but it appears that a few may have escaped our search. The search will begin again shortly but it may take a few days or a week so please be wary of this in the future if some do manage to slip through the system.

Thank you for understanding.

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 2 June 2018 at 11:25 PM

@mastergemma Is there a possible way to re-integrate previous trivia questions that are more fun and complicated for your money? When I first started, Site Trivia was a great way for me to learn the names and solve some riddles about creatures on the site. Now, all it is is just these true or false questions based upon trivial (welp if you want to tear apart my argument in seconds, i just gave you the scissors with "trivial"), unimportant description pieces. I miss the days when you had to determine what creature belonged to a silhouette, find a certain creature based on its qualities (my most vivid memory of this question was finding the kernel based on stuff in its description [not height, length, habitat, but the fact that it eats candy or whatever]), or what creature likes to prey on the Foo.

I would love to take some time and write some trivia questions for y'all if you want me to. Right now, site trivia is dull.

edit: I desperately don't want to go through every single one of them but i think that the last one of the kind that i was talking about is question #1471.

Female
4,593 posts

mastergemma • 3 June 2018 at 12:55 AM

@jello
I will be happy to make such questions myself after my exams (2-3 weeks tops).

Female
133 posts

vos • 3 June 2018 at 9:06 AM

@jello @mastergemma

I am perfectly happy to simply look up a creature's stats. There are too many creatures now to know who did what to whom. I use the 10 k to buy pet slots. I'd struggle to do that much clicking each day.

Maybe you could include one jello question per week and leave the status quo for the rest of the time.