Butterflies of Hogwarts {RP Thread}

in Roleplaying

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 18 April 2018 at 6:31 PM

Butterfly Effect - Noun, The phenomenon which when referring to the chaos theory states that a minute localized change in the grand scheme can cause large effects elsewhere.

It is on the night of October 31, 1981 that things took a sharp turn. No death was met in the Potter’s home, and yet as day rose it was shown that the family was short the youngest member. It just so happened that it was this same night that a son of the same age was taken, this one belonging to the Longbottom family. Almost adding insult to injury, the Dark Lord vanished from Britain with hardly a trace, and the Death Eaters serving under him seemingly all vanished as well, each and everyone returning to their normal lives. The First Wizarding War had ended, yet with their original solace from the Dark Lord now missing, it seems the Death Eaters won.

September 1, 1991 arrives and there has been no sign of the Dark Lord nor of the two missing children. Despite this, it marks the first year that the hope for the Wizarding World’s future take their first proper steps into the magical.

House Numbers and Characters

A list simply denoting the number of played characters in each house.
Gryffindor: 2 (Valeria Rivest "Rie" a Muggleborn, Finn Blackcharm a Pureblood)
Ravenclaw: 2 (Zanna Pyrope a Parselmouth Half-blood, Fiona Burn a Pureblood)
Hufflepuff: 2 (Matthew Pyrope a Half-blood, Brianna LeVille "Brie" a Pureblood)
Slytherin: 2 (Raide Hawkins a Half-blood, Kirian Ellive a Half-blood)

Important Notes

This will roughly follow the plots of the books, with obvious changes made. As it stands I have a very rough outline(read: bare bones skeleton plot) for how events will pan out each year leaving more than enough room for creative liberties.

For the most part there will be numerous timeskips, at least when covering the first few years. So be ready to jump from day one to the fourth month relatively fast.

We may now begin, everyone should either be at platform nine and three quarters, on the Hogwarts Express, or arriving at Kings Cross. It is September 1 1991 and all these children's first day at Hogwarts. It is up to you on what your characters do on the train, but keep in mind that for the most part once the train takes off there will be only a few posts of train shenanigans before I do a timeskip and they arrive at the school for sorting.

Zanna Pyrope stood excitedly as she watched a few students enter the Hogwarts Express, she had heard from her mother how the train itself was supposed to look and how the platform was accessed but it was still exciting to emerge on the other side of a platform hidden on the other side of the wall. She exchanged a glance with Matthew as the two bid their parents farewell, bringing their luggage with them as Paulina and Oliver left the station, their father had a new job interview and unfortunately they wouldn't be able to see their kids off. But no harm was done, they could still write to their parents.

Deleted • 18 April 2018 at 10:13 PM

Raide firmly gripped the handles of his luggage before he boarded the Hogwarts Express. He gazed around, observing the magical aura that surrounded him. With a sigh, he directed his gaze behind his shoulders, hoping that someone would wait to bid him goodbye. But of course, his father was off at work. Raide looked straight ahead to the locomotive once again, but looked beside him when he heard another boy’s voice.
“Hello!” the boy greeted.
Raide gave a curt nod to the boy, but then continued to look ahead. Finally, it was his turn to board. Raide gripped the handles even more firmly as he took a step onto the train.

Female
96 posts

eggslover • 19 April 2018 at 4:45 PM

Fiona smiled at her mother and gave her a kiss, then picked up her stuff, including Blizzard, and started towards the platform, but her mother stopped her.

"You are sure you have your toothbrush and toothpaste right?" She said.

Fiona rolled her eyes. "Yes mum."

"And all your books?" Julia (her mom) asked.

"Yes mum." Fiona replied.

"You're sure?"

"YES MUM!!"

"Oh, yes, of course." Julia said, a little surprised.

"I love you mum, bye." Fiona said, giving her one last kiss and going through the boundary before her mother could stop her.

She got on the train and took a seat closer to the middle of the train, hoping she might meet some new class mates.

Female
127 posts

mimikyu360 • 19 April 2018 at 8:40 PM

Finn looked slowly at his uncle, who was waving bye to him. He picked up Hazel and shut her in the pet cage. Glancing back, he walked towards the boundary. And... he missed it by a foot. Rubbing his head irritably, he picked up Hazel's cage, which had fallen off. He stuck a finger through to pet her and walked through the boundary. He decided to walk near the back of the train, to not draw any unneeded attention. He quickly looked through his bag to make sure he didn't forget anything. Looking at how little he brought, he slapped his head.

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 22 April 2018 at 12:34 AM

@eggslover

Matthew flinched as he watched a kid trip when getting ontotge train. That must have hurt. He was nudged onto the train by his sister and was unable to find the kid who tripped.

The duo began heading down the train before Matthew was uncemoniously pushed into one of the compartments. His sister followed just behind, dragging their luggage with her.

He waved at the only other person in the compartment as Zanna watched an arrogant looking blond child push other kids away from him.

"Do you mind if we share a compartment? I don't think there's any other avaliable ones." Zanna asked turning towards the girl.

Deleted • 22 April 2018 at 4:42 AM

Brianna walked sedately towards the train, her stepbrother Kirian already long gone. Both of them had said their tearful goodbyes at home, as purebloods could never show weakness in public, for fear it would be used against them. Kirian had to be more careful, being a half-blood. Nobody could ever know, especially not the idiot Light side. Mother and Leo had warned them to always Be cautious, and family secrets must stay secret. The Weasleys youngest son must never be approached, but the others may be. Not that she would want anything to do with Him. That idiot boy ruined her day in the past. But Hogwarts would need more pranksters.. and who better than Kirian and her?

She boarded the Hogwarts Train, in all its red magnificent glory, shining in the sunlight. Her luggage was charmed to float behind her, making it easy to walk.
*She stopped suddenly when she saw a blond kid.*
Yepp! The Malfoy spawns was also attending the same year as I am! Oh Merlin Please! Not Slytherin for me! I wouldn’t be able to stand those arrogant boys!
-*-*-*-*-*+-*-*-*+-*-*-*-*-
Kirian found an compartment alone, and when he was walking in. He bumped into Raide. “Watch where you step. Are you alone? No sissy around to pull you down?” Kirian sneered down at him. He put on the perfect facade of a pureblood, as he noticed the distinct features of Raide’s face belonging to...
Kirian invited Raide to sit with him, and held a hand out to Raide, who had fallen when they bumped into each other. His mischievous self was hidden behind layers of bubble wrap, only popped in the presence of family and true friends.
@thalo Will you be a friend?

Female
96 posts

eggslover • 25 April 2018 at 5:52 PM

@thebrokenvibe

"Sure! I'm Fiona, what's your name?" She asked, smiling.

Deleted • 25 April 2018 at 6:01 PM

@playermocha345 If you can aquire his trust, aha 😉

As Raide sauntered to find a vacant compartment, he was thrown off guard when a body collided with his. He fell to his knees, along with his luggage that now lay beside him. Raide glanced up. Above him loomed a sneering boy with auburn hair with his hand held out, inviting Raide to sit with him.
With a sigh, he clutched the boy's hand and heaved himself up. He said nothing as he reached down to grab his luggage. The anti-social, secluded side of him hesitated for a moment, before finally deciding to join the auburn-haired boy in the compartment. All the other compartments were most likely occupied by now anyway.

Deleted • 26 April 2018 at 5:13 AM

(Kirian)
"Are you a half-blood? Or a mud.. ggleborn?'' Yeep! Almost used that word we were to use when the old pureblood supporters came around.. Hope he doen't take note.*sweating slightly*
"I'm an Ellive. Not part of the Elite 28 (@thebrokenvibe what did they call themselves again? I forgot.) of course, but still an old name that's to be looked upon with awe."

Just then a young lady pushed a cart of candies filled with a million variety of types in it. "Hello dears, would you guys like anything? Chocolate Frogs? Some Mexica Jumping Beans? Or Purplish Orange Bears?" the lady with the nametag Miss Furbishe said.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Brie backed away and found herself in a compartment with a boy and two girls. Matthew, Zanna and an unknown.
"Hello. I'm Brie. Mind if I.. take a seat while I'm here? I promise not to be too annoying. I'll just read my book."

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 27 April 2018 at 5:04 AM

@playermocha345 Sacred 28, but close enough. @eggslover

"I'm Zanna and this is my brother, Matthew." She introduced, "It is nice to meet you Fiona." Zanna said just before another girl entered. Shuffling away from the compartment door Zanna shrugged, "That would be up to Fiona, she was here first."

@hazelscar @mimikyu360

Deleted • 27 April 2018 at 10:08 AM

Um.. Fiona? Wait.. are you a Fiona Burn? Argh.. I remember you. Somewhat.. very sorry but if Zanna insists. May I sit here please?

Female
96 posts

eggslover • 28 April 2018 at 6:42 PM

@thebrokenvibe @playermocha345

She turned to Brie.

"Hi! It's fine if you sit here, but, you said you remember me, and I don't remember ever seeing you... No offense intended." She said, hoping she wouldn't (or hadn't) made a bad impression on her.

Deleted • 29 April 2018 at 6:44 PM

@playermocha345

"Half-blood," Raide replied, as he set his luggage underneath him before sitting down on the plush train seats.
He hinted that the boy almost said a derogatory term, but took no unease or distress over it. The auburn-haired boy then stated something about his last name, but before Raide could reply, a lady strolled by with a cart of candies. He shook his head in response when the lady asked if they wanted anything. When she strolled away, Raide turned to the boy once again.
"My name's Raide," he murmured, "Raide Hawkins."

Deleted • 3 May 2018 at 2:51 AM

@thalo @eggslover @thebrokenvibe @mimikyu360
Hello? Guys?
()(+*(](*)+&*&76)(
A voice resonated through the corridors.
*We are very sorry everyone for the delay of the departure of the Hoggywarts Express. Please enjoy the sweets that will be given out as an apology from the witch-in-charge. The train will depart soon after a short break.*
(Brie)
******* “Oh!So something’s wrong with the train. ThAts why we aren’t moving. I’ve been wondering about it.”
She took a book out and started to read.
(Kirian)
Oh,the incompetent of these fools. The delay of the Express will affect the Welcoming Feast! The apology sweets better be worth the wait..

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 3 May 2018 at 6:17 AM

@playermocha345 It is still relatively soon for the train to be leaving. I haven't writen it leaving yet because I was waiting for @hazelscar and @mimikyu360 to post.

Deleted • 3 May 2018 at 6:51 AM

@thebrokenvibe That’s why I did that. It’s so that it will explain why we are here now. Also I was bored and the train can leave when you say so.

@hazelscar and @mimikyu360 Come on guys, you heard the train! Its almost time to move on and leave your pasts behind. To a greater Harry Otter era!