Forum Bookmarking

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Is this a good idea?

Female
812 posts

totallynotjoey • 17 April 2018 at 9:28 PM

So yeah, I have this idea where instead of only being able to follow a forum, you can bookmark it instead. 😃

I've had this thing where I want to follow something just to know that I have to go back to that thread without needing to get constant notifications of other people posting. It's not bad that people are posting, it's just that I get excited that I get a bunch of notifications the next time I log in and then get disappointed that it's just fellow eggcavers talking about something that has nothing to do with me.

Overview:
There are two options for a forum
>Following (keep it as is) and
>Bookmarking (You don't get the notifications of everyone else but you can go back to it anytime without needing to go through the hassle of searching through the forum pages)

You can find your bookmarked forums in a tab at the top of the forum page (just like how there's a 'Following' tab) to easily access the forum that you want to go to.

This would be great for when you are part of say, a feeding competition. If you follow it, you would get a load of notifications with people just saying 'fed all 😊' instead of notifications about, idk, wall comments xD
But if you have the option to bookmark it, on the other hand, you won't get the unnecessary notifs about how other people are feeding. Instead, you just go to your 'Bookmarked' page to find the forum you want 😃

Forums are kinda a problem for me, especially when I want to keep up to date with a forum but I don't want the notifications of everyone else. But if I don't follow it, I'll forget all about it and I won't feed the creatures or I don't follow up on something xD

Tell me what you think 😊

Pings:
@crown (I can't think of anyone else who is active in this aspect of eggcave xD)

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 17 April 2018 at 9:30 PM

@totallynotjoey
I wouldn't mind 😊 I mean, it's not a huge thing since we could copy and paste the link to somewhere else to "bookmark" it, but it would save the hassle 😊

Female
812 posts

totallynotjoey • 17 April 2018 at 9:34 PM

@skyfall4
Oh wow, I can't believe I didn't think of that O.o
I might use that for the time being ^^ (if the idea is ever gonna get input into the site anyway xD)

Thanks for your opinion 😸

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 17 April 2018 at 9:34 PM

@totallynotjoey
XD Np! 😸

Deleted • 18 April 2018 at 3:41 AM

@totallynotjoey Hi! This doesn't really apply to me as I'm generally active on forums and don't feel the need to follow topics, but, this could be helpful to those who join contests regularly.

This is probably way to complicated to code, and understand, but it would be cool if you bookmark a topic in the User Contests and Giveaways section, everyday it would remind you of it- only one notification. Say you joined a feed contest, and you bookmarked it. Everyday along with the "welcome back" notification you'd get a "Reminder" notifcation of that contest 😊 Hope that's understandable.

Good luck with the idea ^^

Female
812 posts

totallynotjoey • 18 April 2018 at 4:47 AM

@crown
Thanks for your opinion 😸
I think one notification when you login sounds good 😊

Deleted • 18 April 2018 at 5:45 AM

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ Great idea. Crown's suggestion made it even better, cos it would list out the creatures that you have to feed and not clog up the notifications list, i know that i too get excited, then i checked and it's nothing much to be able to post on. So disappointing.

1,627 posts

icecloud101 • 18 April 2018 at 8:44 AM

@totallynotjoey
I really support this idea
i get 30 notifications within 12 hours and they are like all stuff not about me

Female
812 posts

totallynotjoey • 18 April 2018 at 8:39 PM

@icecloud101
I know exactly what you mean and thanks for the support too 😸

@playermocha345
Thanks for the support 😸