Colors Not Working

in Problems & Bugs

1,029 posts

rowyn • 14 April 2018 at 11:02 AM

I've noticed that maroon, dark goldenrod, and dark magenta are not working completely. Some lines of my profile are in color, others are not, and it's the same with my creatures' profiles. Each line of my profile has a similar, if not exact same, set up and all of my creature profiles use the same skeleton- I've yet to see if the loss of color in creature profiles is due to my set up or not, but I'll be checking soon and editing it in. I'm not entirely sure of the colors used in my side account (melodysmeadows), but they seem broken, as well. Perhaps all of the colors are having some sort of issue? O-o

@Ian
@OrderedChaos
@jazzyleia
@mastergemma

EDIT: Dark magenta is broken, as well.

Female
2,022 posts

budgie • 14 April 2018 at 12:19 PM

@rowyn It may work, sometimes it breaks depending on the order of the code. Say, if you bold it first before the color it may not register, my profile's colour disappeared with the new updated, but moving the code around a bit made it come back

Female
3,795 posts

sparklefox • 14 April 2018 at 12:21 PM

@rowyn - It's like that for me, too. I'm pretty sure it's with all colours, however the issue is with bold text. If any coloured text is put into bold, it will just become regular black text. Judging from my profile, italics and strikethroughs still work with coloured text.

The text on my profile uses the [color] tag before the [b] tag, if that matters.
( http://prntscr.com/j5848i )

EDIT: I've edited that code in the screenshot so it's now "[b ][ color=colour name] text [/b ][/color ]", and it seems to work just fine. It's still a little weird, though. Why would the order of the bold tag with colours matter so much, when this isn't the case for any other tag?

Female
5,813 posts

jazzyleia • 14 April 2018 at 12:56 PM

Hello there
Test
Testing

Hello there everyone! It seems that the colors are working for me. May I ask what context you are using them in? You could message me the code and I could see if there is just something wonky.

@rowyn

1,029 posts

rowyn • 14 April 2018 at 1:00 PM

@degong I actually just noticed that as I've been playing with it, but I'm sorry, I'm not moving code around for 200+ creatures and my profile :/ I put a lot of effort in as it is to get my profile and creature profiles set up. It just sucks that order apparently matters now when it didn't before.

@budgie @sparklefox
*pokes degong's response*

Non-binary
1,218 posts

degong • 14 April 2018 at 1:03 PM

@rowyn
Whoops, deleted my post. O.o

For others: I was saying how putting the bold tag before the color tag fixes the problem. Like this~

I agree with you on that, as I had my profiles set up like that, too, though of course not that extreme. Hopefully it can be fixed, then.