Butterflies of Hogwarts {Harry Potter Based RP Sign-Ups}

in Roleplaying

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 10 April 2018 at 5:35 PM

Butterfly Effect - Noun, The phenomenon which when referring to the chaos theory states that a minute localized change in the grand scheme can cause large effects elsewhere.

It is on the night of October 31, 1981 that things took a sharp turn. No death was met in the Potter’s home, and yet as day rose it was shown that the family was short the youngest member. It just so happened that it was this same night that a son of the same age was taken, this one belonging to the Longbottom family. Almost adding insult to injury, the Dark Lord vanished from Britain with hardly a trace, and the Death Eaters serving under him seemingly all vanished as well, each and everyone returning to their normal lives. The First Wizarding War had ended, yet with their original solace from the Dark Lord now missing, it seems the Death Eaters won.

September 1, 1991 arrives and there has been no sign of the Dark Lord nor of the two missing children. Despite this, it marks the first year that the hope for the Wizarding World’s future take their first proper steps into the magical.

Rules

- No Sue's, God-Modding or Power Playing
- Do not have direct relations to, or use characters from canon, unless you ask me first.
- Be literate, includes obsessive caps lock and overuse of punctuation
- Try to post 2+ sentences per character used in each post, and avoid having what I call hanging dialogue(your character simply speaking with no indication of who spoke or what they were doing etc)
- No overuse of drama-includes screaming for no reason-and no unapproved plots
- All EggCave rules apply
- You can have as many or as few characters as you want. But if you have multiple use them all equally.
- Keep genders and house numbers even, or try to for the latter, I will stop accepting if there's too many in one house
- In other include your characters sign, any whether it be zodiac or extended zodiac, or their favorite road sign. Just something.
- All characters are First Years to begin with
- No animagi, but things like half-giants, half-goblins, metamorphmagus, parselmouths and werewolves characters are fine in small numbers, and granted you ask first
- First years are not on the quidditch team, no exceptions
- Should go without saying since they're all First years, but age is replaced by birth date because all First Years are 11
- Keep things realistic for the HP World
- If you can't decide a house for your character when making the form, it is fine to wait until the sorting ceremony to give them one. But make sure you have one when it comes around.
- Include everyone, and don't get more than 5 posts between two people
- Everything but House, Anything Special, and Pet are required for the form, but past and personality don’t need to be novels, just simple things. Obviously any important parts should be noted, but it is not necessary to state every single thing your character has done.
- Only pets that are allowed are a cat, an owl, or a toad.
- The wand material should be reflective of personality, not just because they sound cool. In addition, no using elder wood for wands.

House Numbers

A list simply denoting the number of played characters in each house.
Gryffindor: 2
Ravenclaw: 2
Hufflepuff: 2
Slytherin: 2

Important Notes

This will roughly follow the plots of the books, with obvious changes made. As it stands I have a very rough outline(read: bare bones skeleton plot) for how events will pan out each year leaving more than enough room for creative liberties.

For the most part there will be numerous timeskips, at least when covering the first few years. So be ready to jump from day one to the fourth month relatively fast.

Form

Name:
Birth Date(mm/dd):
House*:
Pet*:
Past:
Family:
Blood-Status(Half, Pure, Muggleborn):
Wand:
Personality:
Anything Special*:
Other:

My Forms

Name: Zanna Pyrope
Birth Date(mm/dd): 4/13
Looks: Roughly five feet even, Zanna has largely curly black hair, a face coated in freckles and honey colored eyes.
House*: Ravenclaw
Pet*: A calico cat named Blue
Past: Born to a Half-Blood witch and a muggle raised pure-blood Squib, Zanna and her twin brother had a decently normal life. It was only when they turned nine that it was shown the two were magical, and it was around that time that Zanna discovered, that like her mother she was a parseltongue, which resulted in her being trained in the language.
Family: Paulina Pyrope - Witch Mother
Oliver Pyrope - Squib Father
Matthew Pyrope - Twin Brother
Blood-Status: Half-Blood
Wand: Ebony, Horned Serpent Horn, 14 inches, very springy
Personality: Zanna is a relatively headstrong child, while she will listen to those in authority she prefers to do her own thing when she can and tends to be very set in her own choices and decisions. Fiercely protective over those she is close to, Zanna tends to be one who is not easily swayed towards how others seem to judge things, and she is often very set in her own beliefs.
Anything Special*: She is a parseltongue, and her mother gave her her wand.
Other: Arrius.

Name: Matthew Pyrope
Birth Date(mm/dd): 4/13
Looks: Matthew is nearly identical to his twin sister, although his hair is cut significantly shorter than her own.
House*: Hufflepuff
Pet*: A screech owl called Swift
Past: Similar to Zanna, he was not a parseltongue but he offered support to his sister as she learned about this skill.
Family: Zanna Pyrope - Twin Sister
Paulina Pyrope - Witch Mother
Oliver Pyrope - Squib Father
Blood-Status(Half, Pure, Muggleborn): Half-Blood
Wand: Pear, Unicorn Tail Hair, 10 Inches, Sturdy
Personality: Very rational, and kind, he is easily swayed. Often considered the polar opposite of his sister in most terms, Matthew is very open and is easy to befriend. He often is more rational and understanding about how others react to things.
Anything Special*: Despite his family having parseltongue's they are actually not descended from Salazar, but rather in a distant way Herpo the Foul.
Other: Aries

Deleted • 10 April 2018 at 9:11 PM

@thebrokenvibe

Name: Raide Hawkins
Birth Date(mm/dd): 02/28
Looks: Standing at about 5"3, Raide is a handsome, strong boy of Czech descent. His short chestnut-brown hair is slightly curly, and his eyes are a diluted hazel hue.
House*: Slytherin
Pet*: Remus the Male Snowy Owl
Past: Raide was born to a half-blood family, however, his mother passed away shortly after his sixth birthday. He and his father had never had the best relationship, as his father was overtaken with grief, and in result, neglected his son. Struck by debt after the loss, Raide’s father was often working and had no time to take care or spend time with him. Raide became anti-social and isolated as a result, often avoiding conversations and people as a whole.
Family: John Hawkins - Muggle Father
Marietta Hawkins (Deceased) - Witch Mother
Blood-Status(Half, Pure, Muggleborn): Half-blood
Wand: Dragon Core, 13 1/4 Inch, Pine Wood
Personality: Extremely independent, Raide does not initiate conversation unless he has to. He is quiet, calm, mysterious, and intelligent, and often observes his surroundings. Although he may seem cold, if you get to know him and earn his trust, Raide is a indisputably loyal and fierce companion. On the thread between a Slytherin and Ravenclaw.
Anything Special*: /
Other: Raide is an Aquarius.

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 10 April 2018 at 11:10 PM

@thalo Everything looks good, except Raide being nearly six feet at age eleven especially with him being just a regular wizard. Is it possible to get a reason for this?

Deleted • 10 April 2018 at 11:24 PM

@thebrokenvibe
Completely forgot they were only First Years when writing that part - editing right now, aha!

Female
96 posts

eggslover • 11 April 2018 at 12:12 PM

@thebrokenvibe

This looks awesome, except I've only read the first three books so 😋

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 11 April 2018 at 2:58 PM

@eggslover For the most part the plots of the books and this RP are completely separate, so things that happened in the books won't happen here especially aince key elements have been removed. So I'd say if you want to join you can without having to worry about not understanding things.

@thalo Ok, thank you. It is all good then, I will probably make a list of who is in which house when we get other people joining.

Female
96 posts

eggslover • 12 April 2018 at 7:07 PM

@thebrokenvibe

Ok thank you!! Here's my form.

Name: Fiona Burn
Birth Date: (I am already eleven XD) 11/10
Looks: Strawberry Blonde hair, blue eyes
House: Ravenclaw
Pet: Female Snowy Owl named Blizzard
Past: Fiona's parents both went to Hogwarts but Fiona's father died from a sickness shortly after she was born, Fiona's mother always told her stories about Hogwarts but she always thought they were fiction, until she got her Hogwarts letter, and now here she is.
Family: Mother: Julia Burn
Blood-Status: Pure
Wand: Alder with unicorn hair, eight and three quarter inches, quite flexable
Personality: Kind, Friendly, Calm
Other: Favorite animal (does that work?): Wolf

Also do we have crush kind of things? Not that I'm planning on having one (yet) I'm just curious.

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 13 April 2018 at 4:45 PM

@eggslover Accepted, and I am not sure on crushes yet. In most threads that allow them it always seems it goes too far, so I will need time to consider. I will probably end up deciding after we start and make an announcement if I do allow them.

Female
96 posts

eggslover • 13 April 2018 at 8:11 PM

@thebrokenvibe

Ok!

Female
8 posts

hazelscar • 14 April 2018 at 9:17 PM

@thebrokenvibe

*pulls out a Hogwarts OC from forever ago...*

Name: Valerie Rivest (also goes by Rie)
Birth Date(mm/dd): 06/05
Looks: Valerie stands at 5' 2". Her skin is pale, and there are freckles that run across her cheeks. She has wavy ebony hair that ends just below her shoulder blades, and there are a couple stripes of red dye as well. her almond-shaped eyes are a hazel hue that leans more toward green in the spectrum.
House*: Gryffindor
Pet*: A young Abyssinian tom-cat named Jasper
Past: Although Valerie was born from muggle parents, she was raised by a distant half-blood family member. This happened after a car crash she was in along with her parents. She lived, but her father died, and her mom was stuck in a coma. With Valerie still being very young (around five-years-old), this trauma didn't really seem like a trauma to her, and she was sent to the only relative that was fit to take her. This family member happened to be a half-blood witch that was still connected to the wizarding world. Therefore, despite being a muggle herself, the girl was raised in the culture of fellow witches and wizards.
Family: Mother~ Jasmine Rivest (coma), Father~ Nikolas Rivest (deceased), Half-blood Realitive~ Cynthia Moeller (not exactly sure how they are related, just that they are very, very distant)
Blood-Status: Muggle-born
Wand: Maple wood with a Dragon heartstring core 12 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility
Personality: Valerie is probably one of the most ambitious people you will ever meet. She is a go-getter and she will accomplish anything she has started. She also has an adventurous spirit that longs to explore and expand known knowledge. Along with her other characteristics, Valerie is confident and lively in the things she does, which can get to the point that it annoys some of those she meets. She is adaptable to new situations, but it is also easy to persuade her as well. Sometimes (depending on the day and situation), her attitude takes a complete 180.
Anything Special*: Due to the car accident, Valerie is somewhat hard of hearing in her left ear. On good days, she can hear almost normally, but on the bad days, all that she can hear in that ear is an obnoxious ringing. The bad days are the days her attitude is duller from what is normal for her.
Other: She is a Gemini,

Deleted • 14 April 2018 at 10:16 PM

Name: Brianna LeVille (Brie)
Birth Date(mm/dd): 1st April (April Fool’s)* 11 yrs old.
Looks: Black shoulder length hair, a sunshine yellow cardigan and blue jeans. She normally uses a headband to push back her hair but pull it into pigtails during Potions class. Warm caramel eyes
Pet*: Cat, Small and black, causes mischief in the dorms. (Seizure)
Past: After facing the death of her father, Finread when she was 7 years old. She turned to music and technology as a hobby. After her mother Nikita met Leonardo, he taught her more about coding and programming. She lived a normal childhood with her 8 years older brother Conrad until Kirian came along and got her into mischief too. Conrad was gentlemanly and athletic, but soon turned to the dark side, the side where prank wars were declared and tricks done to each member of the family, even the dog Allen not allowed at Hogwarts.
Family: Mother’s name is Nikita LeVille (pure), a stern and loving mother with a need for tidiness married Leonardo Ellive and has 3 children. Easy-going and a hard worker, Leo is a whose job is as the CEO of “TechnoVam Companies”. He built up this company since young. Nikita has married twice. One to a Finread LeVille (pure) and then to Leonardo Ellive (half).
Blood-Status(Half, Pure, Muggleborn): Pure blood
Wand: Holly wood with a phoniex core, it is loyal to its owner and will be there to help in the times of need.
Personality: Cheerful at times, studious at times. Brave yet studious. Loyal but cunning. She is a myriad of all these but her loyalty to her beliefs are strong than her need to be a sly fox, a brain-dead lion or a smart magpie. She is a dog that will pursue her interest until it bores her. Stubborn girl.
Anything Special*: She hates annoying people but will stay calm and ignore them until they cross the invisible line.
Other: She likes peace and quiet. You would most likely find her up a tree or on the rooftops. Blue dove Sign.
---------
Nikita and Finread children:Conrad and Brie.
During the year Brie was born, another woman, Serenity Line had given birth too. She died soon after the pregnancy. So Kirian and Brie are in the same year, he will be Slytherin
Stepchildren and remarriages.
@thebrokenvibe Will still be creating another characters, Kirian, boy. Can we have side characters like a big brother to talk to over the phone?

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 15 April 2018 at 6:11 PM

@hazelscar accepted.

@playermocha345 All characters currently made need to be first years, meaning they are all eleven not 15. Can you fix your form?

3 posts

yodacatlover • 15 April 2018 at 6:30 PM

@thebrokenvibe

Can I join? I can't guarantee that I will be active in this as I'm busy with school at the moment, but I will try my best. 😊

Female
127 posts

mimikyu360 • 15 April 2018 at 6:51 PM

@thebrokenvibe
Its been forever since i read Harry Potter but who cares. Oh, and what has happened to name generators these days? I litterly used a name generator for the last name. And i hope im not too late, cause i also have another character i wanted to try

Name: Finn Blackcharm
Birth Date(mm/dd): 04/21
Looks: Hes a short boy. He has spikey brown hair and tanned skin and he has emerald green eyes. And he likes wearing ties cause why not.
House*: Gryffindor
Pet*: A brown shecat named Hazel
Past: He was born to two wizards but they died due to disease two years before he was invited to Hogwarts. He got taken in by his single uncle who's also a wizard.
Family: Walter Blackcharm (his uncle)
Blood-Status(Half, Pure, Muggleborn): Pure
Wand: Black walnut with a dragon heartstring core
Personality: He is really paitent at first glance, but he is actually just daydreaming. He really isnt the type of kid most other kids would hang out with. He normally just speaks his mind, but at least he doesn't lie... right?
Anything Special*: Nope! Well, nothing i can think of
Other: He is a Taurus

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 17 April 2018 at 5:25 PM

@playermocha345 You can have NPCs that don't attend Hogwarts that your characters can write to via owl. But generally most technology doesn't work at Hogwarts. She is accepted.

@mimikyu360 Accepted.

Deleted • 18 April 2018 at 2:30 AM

@thebrokenvibe Yeah but doesn’t mean Brie won’t try to find a way to bring technology into Hogwarts. It’s time for some new tech to change around the new generation. Time for the old guard to get some fresh new thing in. May not succeed. The pure bloods may try to fight it.

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 18 April 2018 at 5:09 AM

@playermocha345 Well it's not a new generation as the RP is just an alternate universe of the books of Harry Potter which take place during the 90s. Thus meaning outside of game consoles technology is generally clunky and on the wxpensive side, especially when the RP starts off in 1991.

Deleted • 18 April 2018 at 5:13 AM

Hmm, well I 'll have to change around my line of thoughts then, thanks for telling, it's been a long time since i read the Harry Potter series but i still remember the plotline, not the very details. XD

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 18 April 2018 at 6:33 PM

@playermocha345 It's fine, I forgot most details too so I've been having to use timelines for most things.
@hazelscar @thalo @eggslover @mimikyu360 I have made the RP thread, but I forgot to ping on the thread itself, so here is the link. Sorry about that, I'm forgetful.
https://eggcave.com/forums/topic/69042

Deleted • 22 April 2018 at 4:57 AM

@thebrokenvibe
Name: Kirian Ellive
Birth Date(mm/dd): 22 April
Looks: Auburn hair, cold blue eyes. Wears black skinny jeans and black turtleneck with green sneakers. (Have to fit Slytherin attire!) 😋
House*:Slytherin
Pet*: Great horned owl named Loki, mischievous like Seizure the black cat, and nips whoever TRIES to steal mail not belonging to them.
Past:Never knew his mother, Leo (half) his father married again when he was 7 to Nikita LeVille. The name Ellive is used as a Pureblood family name, but in truth he is a half-blood. As a safety measure set up by his stepmother, he is not a known LeVille. His stepsister Brianna is also the same age. He has always wanted a sister, and will be protective of her. In the shadows of course, nobody must know they are related. It would destroy all contingency plans in cause another Dark Lord popped up.
Family:Nikita LeVille, stepmother. Leonardo Ellive, biological father. Conrad and Brianna are step siblings.
Blood-Status(Half, Pure, Muggleborn): Half
Wand: Threstral hair and ash wood
Personality:Temperamental and sly, how else could he be a prankster? A mix between a SlytherGriff. He is also a smart boy, resourceful and cunning. He is protective of those he loves.
Anything Special*: Both siblings know how to protect themselves. As having a pureblood mom and halfblood dad, one has taught them the basics of street fighting and the other basic defense.
Other:He read a lot, library is the commonplace as is the rooftop where Brie is.

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 22 April 2018 at 5:18 AM

@playermocha345 All is good there. I will add him shortly.

Female
258 posts

boop • 25 April 2018 at 10:33 AM

@thebrokenvibe Can I join?

Name: Sarah Corey
Birth Date(mm/dd): 08/21
Looks: Long, dark brown hair tied back in a ponytail, average height
Pet*: Black kitten
Past: /
Family: Half-blood mother and Pureblood father
Blood-Status(Half, Pure, Muggleborn):
Wand: Phoenix feather Oak wood
Personality: Sporty but intelligent, obsessed with Quidditch
Anything Special*: Secret: Reads Dictionaries as a hobby
Other: Patronus is a ginger cat

Deleted • 25 April 2018 at 10:37 AM

@wonglikiu821 No past?

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 27 April 2018 at 5:04 AM

@wonglikiu821 I am going to need the past for your character, as well as their blood status.