Character Creation Contest!!! [Entries closed]

in User Contests & Giveaways

Female
2,200 posts

thedarkarcher • 7 April 2018 at 9:32 AM

@crown it should be much shorter now 😋

Deleted • 7 April 2018 at 9:34 AM

@crown Yeah, make extra sure to tell us where you thought of our characters when you read them, or if they just drew a blank in your mind. XD

Deleted • 7 April 2018 at 9:35 AM

@thedarkarcher awesome 😊 Thanks for taking the time to do that ^^ I know it's hard- from experience.

Female
2,200 posts

thedarkarcher • 7 April 2018 at 9:39 AM

@crown Thanks! ❤️ It wasnt too bad it still contains the same material just had to try and word it differently lol.

Female
74 posts

id2d • 7 April 2018 at 9:43 AM

@playermocha345 Thank you very much! I really appreciate you taking the time to respond to me, it makes me happy. 😊

@crown Thanks in advance. 😊 A lot of the stories/characters on here are really good! I think you'll have a hard time choosing just three.

Deleted • 7 April 2018 at 9:44 AM

@playermocha345 I'll give feedback to those who request it through PM. 😊 I'm not the best at these things since me, myself, isn't good at English. 😊 I don't want to offend the more sensitive, so I will only send if requested.

Female
2,200 posts

thedarkarcher • 7 April 2018 at 9:51 AM

@crown im fine with you sharing feedback here publicly for me i think it might help everyone learn and improve theirs if they are not 100% confident as they will know what to look out for ❤️

Deleted • 7 April 2018 at 9:53 AM

@thedarkarcher that's great 😊 Mind you, I might not know how to give feedback to everyone 😊 There's sometimes a little thing I can't put my finger on that makes it that 1% less perfect ^^

Female
2,200 posts

thedarkarcher • 7 April 2018 at 9:57 AM

@crown yeah i know what you mean sometimes just the wording of something can change it.

Deleted • 7 April 2018 at 10:00 AM

So everyone just has to improve their languages skills, right? But it's easier to say than to do.. my poor chinese skills... anyone here excellent in Chinese?

Teach me! Please! I will bow down to your greatness. But truthfully, as long as you get the gist of whatever anyone is saying, you will be ok.

Non-binary
198 posts

plisser9 • 7 April 2018 at 5:55 PM

@crown You improved the format so much. I like it.

Deleted • 7 April 2018 at 9:34 PM

@plisser9 ah tysm 😊 I wanted to make it as clear as possible as my normal explanations are often confusing lol

Female
1,689 posts

cloudslay3r • 8 April 2018 at 11:34 PM

@crown

Intro: Inferno, Seven billion years old, Male

Palette: Black hair with some strands with white. One of his eyes is red while the other is blue. They glow whenever he’s angry or sad. Blue meaning sad and red meaning angry. Only wears clothing that is black or white. Mostly it’s a trench coat, a shirt and jeans. Also wears black combat boots and leather gloves.

Backstory: Inferno has four other siblings; Horizon, Haven, Savior, and Fate. Inferno’s brothers and sister usually tease and bully him when they were children. They did whatever to make Inferno’s life as miserable as possible because their mother always fusses over with Inferno.

The Heavenly Lord is married Constance but he’s a playboy. Both of them usually argue about the Lord’s behavior. Constance couldn’t stand it anymore and fled to the Underworld with Inferno, who was still in her womb. The Underworld King fell in love with Constance. The Heavenly Lord and the Underworld King are twins of the Creator, who created the entire universe so they have similar personalities. Constance and Inferno, who is now a young adult, went back and forth to the Heavens and to the Underworld, to the point where Constance ended her life in misery and frustration.

After his mother left the world, he tried his best to find her soul and resurrect her. Without any luck Inferno knowing that he was the son of both the most powerful gods, decided tested his abilities. He created Earth. Now both forces of Light and Darkness can’t battle openly because some mortals were resurrected immortals of both realms. Inferno trained himself in combat and magic because he felt so helpless when his fathers abused his mother. He soon became incredibly talented in combat that he could defeat almost anyone except his fathers. Everyone became fearful of him. He soon became known as “The Vengeful Prince”.

Abilities: Can summon earth creatures to fight alongside of him, dragons, the undead, white and dark magics

Personality: Introvert, quiet, talented

Other:Inferno falls in love with a mortal, Irene. Irene was the peace goddess who treated Inferno kindly when he was a child. Their relationship is forbidden because if Inferno had children, everyone fears that they would become so powerful that they would be unstoppable. Inferno does anything in his abilities to protect Irene from those who try to separate them. Irene tries her hardest to persuade Inferno to not harm anyone.

Exactly 400 words! 😊

Typical? And there should be grammar errors here and there ^^"

Deleted • 30 April 2018 at 9:46 AM

@playermocha345
@kissed
@thedarkarcher
@gryffindor16
@skyfall4
@budgie
@wigglytuff
@cloudslay3r
@prairie
@totallynotjoey
@id2d

Hello guys 😊 I'd like to firstly say that all of you should be proud of yourselves for producing amazing stories. ❤️ Even if I didn't pick you, don't take it hard and think yours isn't good. 😱 It was hard, so I had to add an additional place, making 4 places in total instead of 3. 😊

Note: I have given comments on the winning pieces. Some are shorter or longer than others. Do not take this personally and try to analyse why you had more or less comments than someone else, it is simply because I have nothing more to say.

The places are as follows:

1st Place:
@id2d! Congratulations 😊

The character description of Pip was very well thought out and detailed. By the palette, I could instantly form an image in my mind. The palette also provided indirectly some background information which I thought was really great. This includes ‘haphazardly cut’ and the fact he always ends up losing his hat, gives the reader the sense that he is a careless boy. And from ‘malnutrition’ and ‘dull makeshift blade’ tells me that he lives on a small amount of money, if any at all. The backstory, talking about the orphanage run by Uncle Mort and the quarrel he has with a friend sparked my interest. If this were a real book, I would actually read it. 😊 I like the part about his abilities, because I picture the rest of the kids as gangly, and him being on the ‘smart and scrawny-side’ makes him stand apart. Now this I’m assuming because you mentioned it- It’s great his character uses wits and agility, instead of strength, throughout the story to overcome challenges. Overall, amazing job on the description. If I make anymore writing contests, I hope to have the pleasure of reading your writing again. 😊

2nd Place:
@kissed! Congratulations 😊

The character description of Shibe makes it sound like quite the pet! Although it may be a pet of dreams, the ability to save you out of not only life-threatening situations, but relatable problems like forgetting homework makes this a winner description. The palette made the Shibe’s appearance seem ordinary, perhaps since it is part of a tribe, you could add something special to help identify it? I loved the fact he was “one of the guardians to mankind”, especially because of the well-known sentence: A dog is a man’s best friend. Perhaps this could be the story from which the saying originated from. 😊 The dog and human ‘gift exchange’ is creative and shows that the Shibe is intellligent.

3rd Place:
@prairie! Congratulations 😊

I see Arthur has quite the imagination! I like how you said ‘Happy-go-lucky, carefree, imaginative and naive” and supported it with examples in the backstory. It seems pretty realistic…his parents playing down his ideas, or scolding him for being too attached to wizardry, and every kid has pretended to be a magical being at least once, right? The sentence about how he wants to be an Earth mage but his parents saying it’s called a biologist actually made me chuckle a bit 😊 This boy sort of reminds me of a boy who thinks he is and wants to be Harry Potter. I suspect he’s read all the books, watched all the movies and stalks Pottermore, and sends his (toy) owl away to J.K. Rowling to deliver a message, asking how to get into Hogwarts XD

4th Place;
@gryffindor16! Congratulations 😊

Excellent job on the character idea for Amber. I loved that you used Irish words in your description, makes it quite unique and shows you wanted to make it as real as possible. I like the twist of reality and fantasy. Hopefully if this story were to be taken further, there will be a love and hate relationship between Amber and the mysterious man, because she would have some of her father’s features right? The man who stole Amber’s mother from him…It’s definitely intriguing to see how she adapts in the faerie world, and your perspective of the faerie realm so many people have taken their hand at writing. I also like how Amber has innocent looks but is skilled with the bow and sword. It’s always good to have a strong female leading character.

Congratulations to all 😉 Let me know in order of priority the prize you want ^^ Thanks to everyone for participating!

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 30 April 2018 at 11:29 AM

Congrats everyone!!! 😃

Female
74 posts

id2d • 30 April 2018 at 3:20 PM

@crown

I had to refresh Eggcave to make sure I wasn't seeing things. I then spent the next few minutes looking for the right emoji to express the emotion I'm feeling right now, but I don't think its been made yet. O-o

Thank you so much! T^T You have no idea how happy it makes me to know someone liked my writing. 😊 I'm really glad you found it interesting.

This contest was a lot of fun to participate in. Both writing and reading all of the entries was really enjoyable. I would love to be a part of another one in the future.

Oh, and here is my priority list... since I forgot to add it to my character/story... *awkwardly laughs*

1st Jelal
2nd Luckmooe
3rd Maggen
4th 100cc

Deleted • 30 April 2018 at 8:05 PM

@id2d 😊 I'm glad you found it fun to participate in. 😃 I'll send over the prize of the Jelal shortly ❤️ You will receive the transfer request from my side, @littleblush 😊

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 30 April 2018 at 8:16 PM

@crown

I'm so happy you liked the character description! 😃 ❤️ Thanks for choosing me! I had fun writing about him. 😸 Now I gotta lot of new characters for a (false) TV plot, since I'm doing my Final in character design. 😊
This contest helped me get a little better at writing character bios! 😃 Thanks! ❤️

My top 3 choices would be:
1) Tenlap
2) Baku
3) 100cc

Deleted • 30 April 2018 at 8:21 PM

@prairie Happy I helped! 😃 Now, since you got third, we'll have to wait on kissed to see if she wants any of the prizes you might want ❤️ When she gets her prize I'll send your one over ❤️

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 30 April 2018 at 8:22 PM

@crown Yep! 😃 Thanks. 😸

Female
85 posts

kissed • 30 April 2018 at 11:40 PM

@crown
Hehehe Thank you!
1)100CC
2)Tenalp
3)Baku
❤️

Female
1,689 posts

cloudslay3r • 30 April 2018 at 11:52 PM

@id2d @kissed @prairie @gryffindor16

Congrats to the four of ya! Hope ya don't mind the pings ^^"

Deleted • 1 May 2018 at 12:04 AM

@prairie sending over Tenalp from littleblush- congrats on the name btw

@kissed sending 100cc voucher from here 😉

Female
140 posts

gryffindor16 • 1 May 2018 at 12:04 AM

@cloudslay3r
Thanks!

@crown
Thanks so much! ❤️ I’d like the starred Baku please 😊

Deleted • 1 May 2018 at 12:05 AM

@gryffindor16 Sure thing 😃 Sending over from my side littleblush ❤️

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 1 May 2018 at 12:05 AM

@crown

Thanks!! 😃 ❤️ I'm happy I got the names of some of my Faves. ❤️ Missed the monkey name though.. D:

Deleted • 1 May 2018 at 12:07 AM

@prairie I missed allll ;o I would've been so overjoyed just to have gotten one XD lol