Possession check on creature archives pages

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
167 posts

thaliel • 21 March 2018 at 5:35 AM

I just got a creature where I wasn't sure whether I had ever gotten one of its kind before. That gave me an idea:
On a Creature's archive page, why not have a section that says something like "You have found (number) of this creature so far".
The number would of course only count creatures you at some point had in your cove. I think this would be very helpful

Female
2,022 posts

budgie • 27 March 2018 at 11:12 AM

Bit of a delayed response, but I agree with having a little symbol added to an archives page to tell you if you currently own one or not

1,628 posts

icecloud101 • 9 April 2018 at 3:56 PM

@thaliel
yes! i love that idea!

Female
167 posts

thaliel • 9 April 2018 at 11:05 PM

@budgie since there are also a lot of people who send creatures to their side(s), I would say it would need to show you if you, at any time, owned one kind of creature

264 posts

snowwall • 31 August 2018 at 12:29 AM

@budgie
@thaliel, not really. People trade creatures away, too. Tally between main and side(s) will give a more reliable result if you have ever given a creature away/had it die... Btw, how should dead creatures be listed? Something like "12(2)/40" meaning "Have 12(2 of them dead) out of the 40 ever held in cave?"

Female
167 posts

thaliel • 31 August 2018 at 10:50 AM

The easiest thing I can think of is a checkmark icon on a creature's archives page saying "You own/have owned this creature"