Shattered Skies [Roleplay Thread]

in Roleplaying

1,135 posts

lazyanon • 11 April 2018 at 7:07 AM

@playermocha345 yes I am.

Cassie: "I am familiar with woodwind town."

Deleted • 11 April 2018 at 9:54 AM

"In that case.."
Callista opened a portal and tossed Cassie through it."Lets go to Woodwind Town!" she shouted excitedly.
The trip was short but scary for a first timer, passing through space and time, clock and gears could be seen, and creatures unknown too. The two floated pass it all and landed on their feet.(Maybe only Callista, Cassie might still be in shock.)
Picking up Cassie, Callista asked" Well, do you know this area? It's called Featherbind Cross. It's actually quite ironic, some griffin-like creatures mutated and hostile towards everything but their own species, got hunted down by the humans and tied to the cross, I believe that was a mere 6 months ago. Before then, this place was simply called Woods 106. It's one of the many clearings in Woodwind."

The area was windy and the buildings were lovely, somehow someone managed to built up the small fort that was abandoned since Callista was last here. The fort could be seen beyond the trees in front of them. Callista had dropped them a little further from sight, so they could pass off being a traveler and her ''talking, walking cat" companion.

1,135 posts

lazyanon • 11 April 2018 at 3:35 PM

Cassie: " I also know this is where the alchemist lived before he died with the rest of my family. So I will not be surprised if anyone knows me."

Deleted • 12 April 2018 at 8:09 AM

''If you say so... Would anyone claim you back as a pet?" Callista asked as she prepared a fresh illusion to cover them.

[Miho]
Dubious, Miho stared at the girl. She stared right back, the wind suddenly howling and swirling around them. It seems like she had powers over the element of wind. So what about the boy?

Nodding his head, Miho motioned for them to follow him, and led the way to an old hideout he used before he met Callista. Auroaz followed closely but Owen jerked her backwards, keeping a distance between Miho and Auroaz. Miho kept silent, not mentioning a word about the behavior of the boy.

As they neared his old hideout, hidden within the shrubbery the tendrils folded against Miho's body, still there but less obvious, normally after sucking up the shadows of the objects and creatures around them, the Tendri would retracted into his body, but it was curious about the two unknown presence it could detect.

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 14 April 2018 at 8:19 AM

Callie hyperventilated. Where was she? She took a look at her surroundings. Although her limbs felt numb, she was able to move freely like nothing went wrong. Soon enough, she felt her body become stiff as she was now stuck standing in place.

So this is what the Destruction had claimed. How fascinating. It's just a measly human turned into the entity of Time. A voice hissed. Then again, every other lifeform is as measly and insignificant than you.

She wanted to speak, but something prevented her from doing so. Callie saw something move closer to her. What was it?
As her eyes widened in shock, she saw some woman figure basked in a glow of light, almost rendering her blind in this trance like state.

But since you're sealed like this, it means you can't decay nor expire from the harsh surroundings. The woman sneered afterwards. Oh. I forgot to introduce myself. I am Houran, the Entity of Time. I believe my... "son," told you something about me.

Even though Callie wanted to ask a question, it's as if Houran already knew she would by answering.

I'm still weakened in this state, but you just brought my Destruction to me... Houran remarked. Normally it would take your universe's entire lifespan for me to recover from something as dangerous as activating the Cataclysm for the first time, but with my power crystallized into a gemstone embedded to your being, I'll just drain it out of you. Reaching out to Callie with one of her hands, Houran began to painfully siphon out the Destruction's energy from her.
All you're doing is making my job easier for me! Houran cackled, before Callie's vision fades to nothingness. She was neither awake nor unconscious. She felt nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

What's going on? Was she dead?

She was neither dead nor alive. She was simply in a state of limbo.

Callie knew she wouldn't last long.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 16 April 2018 at 6:19 PM

Thief sat on top of a tall building and started to eat a piece of sweet bread, looking at the clear sky.
What had happened? It came from this city, for sure.

1,135 posts

lazyanon • 17 April 2018 at 4:06 PM

Cassie: "no. i was the alchemist's pet. And he's long dead."

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 17 April 2018 at 5:37 PM

"Even with that fairy's help, we're hopelessly lost." Lexa said, her voice painted with frustration. "Stuck in the middle of some dumb city..."
"Ugh. You know what, me and Hawk need to go somewhere. I know where it is from here. You can tag along if you want, but mind your own business," she climbed on Hawk's back and they took off. Lexa teleported with them.

Deleted • 18 April 2018 at 2:24 AM

“I guess now then.. we should explore! You haven’t been here in years right? So many more a thing must have happened while we haven’t visited.”
Callista casually brushed off a few cat hairs off her jacket that she had conjured. Her face was now pleasantly tan, hair a dull red and eyes a clear blue. Cassie had a bow tied around her neck and she fussed, unhappy with the new adornment.

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 19 April 2018 at 1:39 AM

Haentrus stopped for a bit in front of a giant factory. He, Serin, and Camie then turned visible again. Vee landed nearby.

"Why'd you stop?" Serin asked Haentrus.

"There's a powerful source of energy close by." His eyes began to softly glow in the dark, before he used his arm to cover them both. "It feels like the fabric of time is being..." Haentrus quickly reacted and busted the factory's door down with a powerful kick.
"Callie's in here, let's move it!" He yelled, before the four headed inside the large factory. They all heard the sound of guns being loaded and prepared for fire, and quickly ran behind a wall as they began firing. The slam of bullets clanged on the metallic wall, and was their only safety area.

"You can stop shooting," Houran said, although in a distorted voice. "We'll just let our prey leave when they decide to forfeit their lives to us.
She then made a faint smile afterwards. "There is someone else of importance behind that wall, anyways."

"I saw some strange organic pod there," Vee whispered to the group. "Those guards are making sure nobody tries to get close and interfere with it."

"Why would someone want that to be heavily guarded?" Camie asked. "Is there something important?"

Haentrus immediately answered Camie's question. "That's just an Ancient Pod. We've been using that to extract energy from objects, but never from living beings..."
Peeking out a bit, he then continued. "The thing is, this one has been designed to hold a living creature as well. Callie's being used as a living battery by who knows what."

"You said that the Ancient Realmers use these pods. Do you think our culprit may be an immortal?" Vee questioned. "It seems likely that they would require someone as powerful as..."
They turned to someone holding plasma rifle right in front of them, prepared to shoot Vee in case they made any move.
"Well, stab me in the heart with a stake."

Deleted • 25 April 2018 at 1:06 AM

“It’s been abandoned for years, no one will come near here for fear of the danger within. It’s all superstition and well.. I’m much more dangerous than these beings could ever be. “ Miho said offhandedly.
Tension rose in seconds, but the girl once again broke the ice. “You won’t hurt us will you? You promised not to.” She said.

“I did..? When! I mean.. of course I promised.. “ when did I do so? I never did! But she trusted me at first.. little kids are so annoying. He kept silent and waved them onwards into the dark warehouse, half crumbling and breaking down.
Hullo??? Anyone still on this story?
@nightmaremoon12
@wigglytuff
@lazyanon

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 25 April 2018 at 2:51 AM

@playermocha345 @wigglytuff @lazyanon ((Finally, someone posted.))

The four were then pushed to where Houran was close by. They had all fallen down to the floor, their own arms bounded by rope.

“Well, well, well. Look at what we have here.” Houran sneered. “A pathetic magician, a pacifist, some human, and... Well, I can’t be too epithetical, now...” She said upon turning to Haentrus.
“How does it feel?” She asked. “How does it feel to see your own ‘friend’ get herself turned into a living battery? I think we all know what happens to people with Destructions: They are forced to be alive and will never truly die.” Houran cackled, before multiple guards came in closer, their movements were stiff and lifeless, as if they were robots.
“Go ahead - attack me. Do you remember these guards, Haentrus?”

Haentrus took a look at the guards, before gasping. He struggled to break loose of the rope, but found it difficult.
“Out of all the people, you were behind it!” He yelled, before the rope broke, but was then repaired in almost an instant.
“You caused this. You caused the death of the Ancients. What purpose are you trying to gain fom it?”

“Nothing that you would comprehend. But yes, these guards are from an alternate timeline, a race of genetically-engineered soldiers that manufactured weapons capable of destroying even the powerful of immortals.” The guards stepped closer to the four bounded, and Houran continued speaking.
“As I slowly recovered my power, I became the deity of a species in an alternate timeline, and manipulated them to what they are now. Since I am the puppeteer, they are my own personal guards. Even foolish children like you shouldn’t even get any closer to me or the pod.

The pod behind Houran slowly began to crack, and energy began to seep out.

“But the Organic Pod was never meant to handle the power of the Destruction, Houran.” Vee remarked, struggling to break free.

The guards were affected by it and got themselves rapidly aged to death.

“What, what is she...?” Houran turned back for a moment, watching as all of the guards she had slowly dying.

The rope then began to loosen, and the four were free.

“If that explodes with the energy it’s letting out, we’ll all age to nothingness!” Serin noted, as she got herselves up. “Haentrus, put up a barrier with me!”

“I got it!” He responded, before the two put up a large barrier around the group except for Houran.

Followed by the silenced yells of multiple guards, the Ancient Pod shattered completely, releasing a highly volatile blast of energy around the area, and seeping out of the warehouse, capable of killing someone just through aging them.

Deleted • 25 April 2018 at 4:22 AM

@nightmaremoon12 Can my group collide with yours?Cos Callista is waiting for lazyanon or she might just wander around Woodwind Town. Without said cat.
-*-*-**—*-*-**-
*beep beep beep beep*
Swishing around, he looked around madly. He tried to located the danger, but couldn’t. “About my last comment.. I was wrong. Time to go! I really apologize for this,” Miho shouted.
Wrapping his emerging tendrils around them, he flashed somewhere.. to a place where power was building up fast, where everything would be safe in death. To one of the Ancient Destructions. Callie Aquara, the mistress of time and death.

When the blast hit, he absorbed the time energy released by Aquara, his power increased tenfold, making him look more terrifying. He shielded Owen and Auroaz with his wings, protecting them from the death that loomed ahead.
Head bowed and the two children safe behind him, he waited for the group to emerge. They might warp off without me meeting them! That Haentrus is the one I must talk to.. he too has this demon in him. How does he restrain it?

-*=-*/*=-/8*
“You fussy cat! Stop wriggling around, or I’ll tie you up with even more pretty ribbons! Don’t you force me to do it. I will! I promise!” Cassie hissed and scratched Callista, making her drop the cat. Glaring murderously at Cassie, she walked away after telling her to go wander around, then meet up again at the break of dawn 3 days later.

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 25 April 2018 at 5:23 AM

As the pod had shattered. Callie had fallen down, her mouth opened up but did not make any sound. The entire time, her two eyes were glued open, as if she was forced to be awake all this time. The moment she was at the ground, she was already losing consciousness.
She felt her own heart pounding, followed by the sensation of her ears producing a dreaded ringing sound, and then the muffled talking of her friends.

~

Camie and Serin lifed Callie off the ground and tried their best to take her away from this mess. Houran was on the ground, but the four ignored her for the time being.

~

Suddenly, all time had stopped except for Callie's own.
She looked around, and tried to gain a better look at her surroundings. There were a lot of guards dead, and Houran is on the floor. Did she do this?
She took a moment to adjust her surroundings, but knew that once time resumes, she'd be knocked out yet again.
Taking a deep breath, she let time be the devil to her.

~

"Callie's okay, it's just that she's not feeling so well..." Camie remarked, taking a good look at her own sister.

"It forces her to be alive," Haentrus said. "If she was a living battery without the Destructions, she would be dead when we freed her... Unfortunately, said Destruction does not make the person recover from injuries or diseases in an instant; the person is forced to feel the pain..." He sighed, guarding Callie with Vee to make sure she isn't hurt. "I just hope she's feeling alright when we take her to home base."

1,135 posts

lazyanon • 25 April 2018 at 6:47 AM

Cassie:"what is normal for people in woodwind now? They where really friendly before."

Deleted • 25 April 2018 at 9:47 AM

@lazyanon
“I have no idea.. what have you done the last three days?Oh, you still have those ridiculous ribbons on your head. C’mere I think that they have tortured you long enough Cassie.” Callista said jokingly.
“ About the people.. they’re really hostile. No one except that old crone would talk to me. And she too was quite cold towards me.. What in the world happened here?”
Would you like to investigate? Or turn to another Town, lazyanon

@nightmaremoon12 Can Miho meet up with your group after?

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 25 April 2018 at 10:07 AM

@playermocha345 yeah, that would be cool.

Thief seemed to be lost at this point. She just kept wandering around, not knowing where to go.

1,135 posts

lazyanon • 25 April 2018 at 5:07 PM

@playermocha345

Cassie:" that's odd. I want to see what happened. I have a human friend who should still be alive. His name is Johnathus. Let's try to find him first."

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 25 April 2018 at 6:17 PM

@playermocha345
Immersia City I think c: same place with all of nightmaremoon's characters.

Deleted • 26 April 2018 at 4:42 AM

@wigglytuff I thought that they were in Gemrius City, about to break Callie out..

Anyways, meet up in Woodwind town? Me and ..( Callista and Cassie) lazyanon's cat are there currently, trying to find out what happened there to make all the inhabitants so unfriendly towards us.

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 26 April 2018 at 7:10 AM

((I’m in Gemrius.))

The four managed to find a bench outside that was safe enough for them to have Callie lie on for a bit. After gently placing her down, Camie sat next to her, staring longingly, waiting for her to wake up.
“I just hope she’s alright...” She uttered, putting her hand to her sister’s.

“She’ll be fine.” Haentrus responded. “It’s that... I really can’t put it into words how concerned I am for her. She isn’t like Cesca anymore, how she’s optimistic and willing to help me. Callie seems so... Distant.”

“She’s...” Serin was about to say something, but stopped in her own tracks. “I know her. Callie is willing to face danger. The thing with time manipulators, they can make or break an entire timeline just by pulling a single thread. Callie has the capability to destroy the universe in one shot, but a strong subconscious will prevents anyone from doing so...”
She quickly faced away from Callie, not wanting anyone to see the look on her face. She raised her head a bit to see the people walking by and giving the group strange looks.

Vee felt a very faint trace of light. They had assumed that morning would be rising.
“Hey, is that what I think it is?” They quickly grabbed out their umbrella, prepared to cover themselves if this artificial sunlight was harsh.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 5 May 2018 at 7:16 PM

“What’s that light?” Thief murmured to herself as it slowly began to spread around the town.

Deleted • 12 May 2018 at 4:22 AM

@nightmaremoon12 HELLO?! (hears echoes) *starts running away*

Callista nods,"Sure we can. What does this Johanthan guy look like? Is he tall, blonde and cute? Or short, tan and moody. Because there's two people over there watching us converse, cat.
Waving her hand at the two guys oh so not suspiciously standing by a tree. Callista called out to them."Hey, two guys, shorty and blondie! mind telling us the situation in this town?Why's the atmosphere so arkward and dull? Did something happen?"

"You mean.. you haven't heard? Rumors have been circulating around the surrounding towns for months, the Pirahna Mares Incident is what it's called.
@lazyanon Hey guys, is this topic dead? Nobody posted for 6 daes

1,135 posts

lazyanon • 12 May 2018 at 6:54 AM

Cassie:*she tilted her head a little.*" could you explain it for us please?"

Deleted • 12 May 2018 at 7:17 AM

Blondie says:" Well, recently or maybe not so recently something terrible happened. It started off usual but only the most observant creatures noticed it first.There were disturbances in the neighboring towns but nobody, I mean messengers came to notify us of anything. Soon the days grew longer and the nights shorter, something was producing a meager amount of light, and we were all drawn to it. Like insects to the Sun, its alluring light that we have not seen in ages... it was a .. kind of trap. Creatures unknown and old have come out, some evolving to even predatory animal and some even smarter."
Shortie continues after Blondie trails off:'' You see, these horses that can't really be called horses. They are carnivorous and are something like the pee-rah-niahs? The fishes in the past before the Catacylsm, you know? The ones with sharp pointy teeth and a killer swimming record? I faintly remember about them, they were taught about at my.. old .... school. Yeah.. so that's about it. We were stupid enough to be attracted to them and some were bitten, some were injured, some eaten.. That happened.
Callista:"What happened to these pirahna horses that can't be called horses? Can you tell us?
Blondie and Shortie looked away, "Well, would you look at the time! C'mon Athens lets go back to the apothecary to help aunt out. We've lingered outside long enough.. Ha Ha . Hahaha, " Blondie laughed nervously.
Shortie mumbled something under his breath,"We are the creatures, all of us are cursed now. Pirahna Mares, what a joke. Just a cover story.. just a story, that i want to believe too."

Callista looked at the Cassie."Cat.. did you just hear what Shortie.. I mean Athens said?"
Callista walked away and climbed up into a tree, shivers crawling down her spine. A chilly breeze brushed past her hair and her image flickered for a moment, revealing her true face beneath. She had noticed something about the boys. Something that connected to the last words Athens said,"We are the Creatures,Beware ..."
Athens face then had too flashed for a second, something that might have just been a trick of the eye. Was Athens trying to tell them something? A warning to leave immediately? Callista threw her head back and chuckled. A curious cat I am, and my death it will lead to. What else can I do? I do have a cat beside me too. If worse come worse, I'll throw Cassie in first, then jump straight in. Curiosity killed the cat right?

1,135 posts

lazyanon • 12 May 2018 at 10:22 AM

Cassie.:"I fear the alchemist explosion did something worse than I thought.... I don't think it's safe here Callista."

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 12 May 2018 at 12:02 PM

Bored and lost, Thief wondered into the forest and then back to her den. She plopped down on her bed and stared at the ceiling, not knowing what had happened.

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 12 May 2018 at 10:25 PM

@wigglytuff @lazyanon @playermocha345 - Fun fact: I’ve been waiting for another story-related RP post for almost a week.

Vee felt sunlight touch their face. For the first time in forever, they felt unaffected by the rays that were beaming down.
“I haven’t felt sunlight in four-hundred years.” They said. “It was painful going outside without my umbrella when I found out I...” Vee then stood silent.

As the first beams of sunlight poured onto Callie, her eyes began to flutter for a bit, before slowly opening up.
Light.
It was so bright; blinding to her. Being in the dark for five years, and now she’s here, seeing something to make the world brighter. Was this hope, or a bad omen?

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 12 May 2018 at 10:37 PM

Light streaked in, rippled by the leaves of the trees in the surrounding forest. Is that...? Thief wondered.

-----

"We're utterly lost... let's just rest for a bit." Lexa groaned until she saw the sunlight. "What in the world is happening?"
"It's called sunlight, dummy. It's sunrise." Nya said.

Deleted • 12 May 2018 at 11:25 PM

Haha, sorry @nightmaremoon12 @wigglytuff
Miho stepped back after addressing the odd woman, entirely submissive her knelt before her and spoke," I am truely sorry for abandoning you at your greatest time of need, I was tore away from this body into a mere infant's and kept trapped. The boy has formed a contract and we will work for a cause. "

The children took a few steps, looking fearfully at the woman, something was off with her. A sensation like no other made them aware of the presence of the woman and they wanted out.